Author Topic: Rick Perry shaken up by Obama’s disturbing threat to governors in meeting  (Read 342 times)

Offline Once-Ler

• This is a terrible support group

Texas Gov. Rick Perry revealed a disturbing threat coming from the White House directed at several governors — Republican and Democrat alike.

“I was a bit troubled today by the tone of the president,” he began, speaking at the Republican Governors Association Feb. 24.

Perry was describing a meeting at the White House earlier that day between several governors and President Obama.

“When you have governors, and we all compete against each other — we are the laboratories of innovation — and for the President of the United States to look Democrat and Republican governors in the eye and say, ‘I do not trust you to make decisions in your state about issues of education, about transportation infrastructure,’ — and that is really troubling,” he said.

Perry expressed his own fears regarding Environmental Protection Agency restrictions choking off America’s energy production and a possible reduction in his state’s national guard.

“As a matter of fact, he [Obama] said at that meeting, he said, ‘If I hear any of you pushing back, making statements about Washington spends too much money, you’ll hear from me,” he said, adding, “I’m highly offended by that.”

Watch Perry’s chilling revelation below.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
Frank J. Fleming ‏@IMAO_

You voted to burn down the GOP. Mission Accomplished. Stop pretending you were voting to stop Hillary.

Offline mountaineer

Offended (possibly even outraged) is not shaken up. The headline makes it sound like Perry is scared of Obammy.
“Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual – or at least that he ought not so to do; but rather he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.” Samuel Adams, April 16, 1781.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Silence is Golden. Boredom is even better.
Offended (possibly even outraged) is not shaken up. The headline makes it sound like Perry is scared of Obammy.

The Worm should be the one who is scared.

That isn't offence or outrage in Perry's voice. That is fury.
Before you bitch about the youth of today ... think about who raised them.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis

Obama is a thug...
"Die-hard conservatives thought that if I couldn't get everything I asked for, I should jump off the cliff with the flag flying-go down in flames. No, if I can get 70 or 80 percent of what it is I'm trying to get ... I'll take that and then continue to try to get the rest in the future."

Ronald Reagan

"We must continue to go into space for humanity.” - Dr. Stephen Hawking

Offline DCPatriot

eff you, Barry!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:36:35 AM by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family".    ...Mother Teresa

"It's not the mountain before you, but the pebble in your shoe"      ....or something like that

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo