Author Topic: Doomed airliner pilot was political fanatic: Hours before taking control of flight MH370 he attended trial of jailed opposition leader as FBI reveal passengers could be at a secret location  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
He would have had to have been planning it well in advance.  Something this complex couldn't just be thrown together in a few hours.  Way too much of a chance for a mistake to derail the entire effort.

He may have decided to do it then (if this theory is correct) but it would have been planned for a while.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline NavyCanDo

If this turns into a hostage situation then at least gives hope that the passengers are alive. For now.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
If this turns into a hostage situation then at least gives hope that the passengers are alive. For now.

I would imagine that the US and Chinese are preparing for that possibility, just in case.

It would be kind of strange for Delta Force or the Navy SEALs going along side PLA Special Operations Forces.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Fishrrman

I think the investigators ought to take a look at his flight simulator setup, and check if there were any specific airports he was practicing landing into...

Offline DCPatriot

I think the investigators ought to take a look at his flight simulator setup, and check if there were any specific airports he was practicing landing into...

Excellent observation!  :patriot:

I understand he built another for the co-pilot for his home-use too!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
While it very well may provide a valuable clue, pilots having flight sims is very, very common.

It may prove to be nothing.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline DCPatriot

While it very well may provide a valuable clue, pilots having flight sims is very, very common.

Yeah... it may not be the hard drive that he was using when he was 'practicing' the mission.  That one is long gone...if they're pros.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline NavyCanDo

Working at Boeing I once got to fly a 757 flight simulator before we ended the program. It is unbelievable how real the simulation is in a  simulator that cost nearly as much as the plane.   I did pretty good flying it over Seattle and landing at Boeing Field.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline happyg

Working at Boeing I once got to fly a 757 flight simulator before we ended the program. It is unbelievable how real the simulation is in a  simulator that cost nearly as much as the plane.   I did pretty good flying it over Seattle and landing at Boeing Field.

That sounds like fun. My grandkids went to Wright Patterson in Dayton and got to do stuff like that.

Offline Rapunzel

I wonder if he simulated climbing to 45,000 feet and then pulling out of a stall?  This morning on CNN they did a flight simulation of this in a 777 simulator and it was fascinating........

Offline Rapunzel

They have them at hobby shops now for WWII fighter jets, when my husband suddenly disappeared for a few hours I knew that was where he was, he loved those simulators.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:28:20 AM by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline DCPatriot

It has also been revealed that the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the family home the day before the plane went missing.

Starting to read like a Robert Ludlum novel....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0524924/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:31:35 AM by DCPatriot »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

yah....when I was stationed at the LSO School at NAS Oceana, I got to fly the A6 trainer...I was doing approaches over Virginia Beach to a touch and go at NAS Oceana.  They could program in any and all kinds of weather conditions and cockpit malfunctions, which luckily I wasn't tasked to deal with.

The other cool simulator was our LSO platform simulator.  It had voice recognition so the aircraft would respond to calls by paddles and it was incredibly realistic as a night landing simulator.  The deck motion simulation alone would make you queasy.....

Good stuff....

:beer:

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
And for some reason there is a pic of him with a dog dish and a butcher knife?

I don't think that picture means anything.  The look on his face is more consistent with someone having fun and pretending to be a violent butcher knife wielding maniac - with the dog's food in hand - than some fanatic expressing actual rage.

Here's the pic:

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork

Starting to read like a Robert Ludlum novel....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0524924/

That does point to a "perfect storm" - the confluence of family and political disputes coming to a head and overwhelming him with the emotional need to do something drastic.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
yah....when I was stationed at the LSO School at NAS Oceana, I got to fly the A6 trainer...I was doing approaches over Virginia Beach to a touch and go at NAS Oceana.  They could program in any and all kinds of weather conditions and cockpit malfunctions, which luckily I wasn't tasked to deal with.

The other cool simulator was our LSO platform simulator.  It had voice recognition so the aircraft would respond to calls by paddles and it was incredibly realistic as a night landing simulator.  The deck motion simulation alone would make you queasy.....

Good stuff....

:beer:

I just moved from VaBch when there was a crash into apartments a few years ago. It was surreal the pilot dumped the fuel and no lives were lost and landed with his eject chute and said, 'Hi I am sorry I crashed into you.'

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I don't think that picture means anything.  The look on his face is more consistent with someone having fun and pretending to be a violent butcher knife wielding maniac - with the dog's food in hand - than some fanatic expressing actual rage.

Here's the pic:

Yep agreed, he could be the worst terrorist in the world and that pic is innocent.

Offline happyg

I just moved from VaBch when there was a crash into apartments a few years ago. It was surreal the pilot dumped the fuel and no lives were lost and landed with his eject chute and said, 'Hi I am sorry I crashed into you.'

That would be a shocker! Pat did a lot of jumping back in the day. One time, he was supposed to deliver a football on the 50 yd. line at a hs football game. A wind came up, and he landed through the roof of a bar. The announcer said that is what he probably intended. Now, back to the topic at hand...

Offline katzenjammer

For some reason I just don't think that is a "dog dish," more likely some kind of food storage container.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
For some reason I just don't think that is a "dog dish," more likely some kind of food storage container.

fair enough; I still think the picture is innocent.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf