Author Topic: Professor: global warming deniers should be imprisoned for criminal negligence  (Read 1229 times)

rangerrebew

Professor: Global Warming “Deniers” Should be Imprisoned for Criminal Negligence

Posted By Philip Hodges on Mar 15, 2014 | 0 Comments
world burning    

The Left, the champions of the 1st Amendment that they are, want any scientist (or “scientist,” as they would say) imprisoned on criminal negligence charges for denying “settled science,” where over 95% of manmade global warming alarmists believe that man is causing global warming at a catastrophic degree. Over 95% of atheists believe that there is no God. With that many atheists going in that direction, it’s got to mean something, doesn’t it?

The rule is if you adhere to the official narrative about manmade global warming, you need absolutely no pertinent credentials. In fact, you don’t even have to have any credentials. But if you choose to raise questions about the official narrative (what they call “denying science”), then you’d better be a real climate scientist with several PhDs from their approved list of universities in scientifically relevant fields.

The thing is, even if you have all those PhDs from the alarmists’ approved list of universities, they’ll claim that you’re opinion still doesn’t count, because you don’t deserve your PhDs and degrees. The fact that you hold a position of questioning the official global warming narrative shows that you’re not qualified to speak on the subject.

If some people get their way, these scientists wouldn’t just be shut up, but they would be locked up as well. For “criminal negligence.” Here’s Breitbart:

Scientists who don’t believe in catastrophic man-made global warming should be put in prison, a US philosophy professor argues on a website funded by the UK government.

Lawrence Torcello – assistant professor of philosophy at Rochester Institute of Technology, NY, writes in an essay at The Conversation that climate scientists who fail to communicate the correct message about “global warming” should face trial for “criminal negligence”.

No, he’s not a climate scientist. But as we established above, you don’t have be one if you hold the “correct” position.

But why is the official global warming narrative considered the “correct message?” Because 97% of global warming alarmists can’t be wrong. But why do those scientists adhere to the official, politically correct narrative in spite of counter evidence? Because it’s settled science. But how do we know that it’s “settled science?” Because 97% of global warming alarmists believe in it. And around and around we go.

Torcella certainly isn’t the first person to suggest shutting up their opposition like this. There’s a professor at the University of Graz in Austria who wrote that “deniers” should be executed. And, no, he wasn’t a climate scientist either.

He was professor of Systematic Musicology.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/5068/professor-global-warming-deniers-imprisoned-criminal-negligence/#uDimvkorVM84t7BK.99
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:34:16 am by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

21st-century man thinks he's so smart. We've built computers, we been to the moons of Saturn, we've unlocked the genetic code. Yet, we're still prone to primitive groupthink.

We know much more than we understand.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
oh right....prosecuting thought crimes will solve everything.....what a maroon...........

:smokin:

Online mountaineer

The American left seem to believe that anyone who doesn't agree with them should be imprisoned, or worse. Hmm, where else in the world have we seen that done?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

Thoughts aren't yet crimes but fraud, such as global warming, is.  I think he should be sent to prison. :jail:

Online kevindavis007

Welcome to the Global Warming Inquisition..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
And they call the TP nazis?

I was going to ask when will the right v left crap end, it is so divisive and hateful. But it is not a game anymore. They are fighting for progressive communism and we can't cower.

One of the MSNBC mouthpieces said something like, 'the right says that they want to take the country back. They claim this means we don't like things because Obama is black'. The race baiting is old. Remember Pelosi saying the tea party is paid for rent a mobs that are racist nazis? Then all of the regular people of America were shown at town halls and took them in a shellacking in 2010. Will the, 'they are nazi racists,' card; really work for them when they are calling for imprisonment of their opponents?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
The left is salivating at the opportunity to silence the opposition forever.  If this means killing all of us, then it is even better.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online kevindavis007

The left is salivating at the opportunity to silence the opposition forever.  If this means killing all of us, then it is even better.

God willing if they recapture the house and keep the senate they will try to push more crap down our throats that will make Obamacare look nice.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline andy58-in-nh

All such historical public efforts at the homogenization of thought seem to proceed in the same manner.

It begins with mockery and bullying, in an attempt to silence one's critics. When those tactics fail, as they often do, the next step is to suggest that people who oppose the dominant viewpoint are not merely ignorant or stupid, but dangerous, and a public menace.

As regards our faithful adherents of the United Church of Warmism, I believe we have now reached this stage. The personal now becomes the political, and the polished boot heel of the State stands at attention.

What follows is the criminalization of dissent, in which freedom of speech and by extension, freedom of thought is denied to those deemed too radical, dangerous, or insane to be trusted by the citizenry, whose representatives employ "public safety" as a rationale for whatever infringements they can assemble a majority to support. Often, they do so by means of their control of the communications media, which allows them to both define the meaning of words and dictate the narrative both by selective emphasis and through the omission of material facts.

And that's when the boot comes down.

I don't know if we'll ever see such a nightmare occur, given the remarkable strength of our Constitution and of its continued and blessed influence.

But then again, I've seen a lot of things these past few years I thought I'd never see happen in America. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:58:18 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"climate scientists who fail to communicate the correct message about “global warming” should face trial for “criminal negligence”."

Ahh yes, the 'correct' speak. We all must be mindful to be 'correct' in what we say.

There is no one on Earth more dogmatically closed minded, more murderous, more intolerant, than the so called 'tolerant' Left. If you have a disagreement with anything they pronounce, their first reaction is to kill you.

By the way, this 97% number they keep waving like a flag of righteousness is totally fictitious. It does not exists. As far as I understand, there was some survey done at one time or another, and the people doing the survey simply ignored and deleted anyone who disagreed with their position. Their rational was that anyone who disagrees with man made global warming is too stupid and crazy to be included in the survey.

This is very typical 'Left-think'. If you disagree with me, you are stupid, ignorant, crazy, etc. So, they essentially manufactured some survey which agrees with them by 100%. They only took it down to 97%, 98%, 99%, depending on who is talking, to give the survey more credibility and to make it sound more reasonable.

Also, there are very many scientist and faculty who disagree with Global Warming but are afraid to speak out. If someone comes out with a different opinion, the Nazi Left will immediately attempt to get all of their grants cancelled, will lobby to get them fired, and if they could the Left would in fact put them in prison or kill them.

When you are dealing with rabid fanatics of this magnitude, who needs the headache? It is better just to keep quiet and let the Earth, the weather, and the facts, speak for themselves.

Eventually even the fanatic 'alarmists' are going to have to give this up. It is like they are trying to prove that Santa Claus is real. No matter how fanatically they 'BELIEVE', ultimately they are bound to fail.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

Hmmm, do I say "Da, Komrad" or just "Sieg Heil."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Andy wrote:
[[ I don't know if we'll ever see such a nightmare occur, given the remarkable strength of our Constitution and of its continued and blessed influence.
But then again, I've seen a lot of things these past few years I thought I'd never see happen in America. ]]

Andy, I don't believe you seen nuthin' yet...

Nice post, as usual...