Author Topic: Stupak: I got double crossed on the contraception mandate  (Read 686 times)

rangerrebew

Stupak: I got double crossed on the contraception mandate
« on: March 15, 2014, 10:05:07 am »
Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate

posted at 2:31 pm on March 13, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Consider this a quick follow-up to my earlier post on the National Journal “primer” on the HHS contraception mandate. A day or so ago, the one man who might have stopped ObamaCare at the final hour now says he got shafted. Bart Stupak had held out for statutory prohibitions on abortion funding through ObamaCare but settled instead for an ambiguous executive order — and saw his political career crash to an end. Now he’s unhappy because his fellow Democrats promised him they’d respect conscience objections:

Today, as a private citizen, I’m proud to stand with the Green and Hahn families and their corporations, Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood, in seeking to uphold our most cherished beliefs that we, as American citizens, should not be required to relinquish our conscience and moral convictions in order to implement the Affordable Care Act. …

[W]e received an ironclad commitment that our conscience would remain free and our principles would be honored. With our negotiations completed and our legislative intent established by the colloquy, we agreed to an executive order directing federal agencies to respect America’s longstanding prohibitions on government funding of abortion and most relevant here, to respect longstanding protections for individuals and organizations conscientiously opposed to participating in or facilitating abortions.

I was deeply concerned and objected to the HHS mandate that required all health plans to cover all FDA-approved contraceptives, including four drugs and devices that could terminate human life at its earliest stages by preventing an embryo’s implantation in the womb. The FDA’s own labeling statements, as well as other studies, indicate that drugs such as the 5-day-after pill (Ella), as well as intrauterine devices (IUDs), may operate this way. The Greens and the Hahns cannot, in good conscience, risk subsidizing actions that may take human life.

Democrats from Obama on down promised that people could keep their current plans, keep their preferred doctors, pay lower premiums, and have a website that works. Sorry to see former Rep. Stupak shocked, shocked about being betrayed, but that’s the way most of us felt about Rep. Stupak when he caved on his principles in the first place.

Also, how long does Stupak expect that EO to remain in effect after this? Just asking…

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/03/13/stupak-i-got-double-crossed-on-the-contraception-mandate/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:05:47 am by rangerrebew »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Stupak: I got double crossed on the contraception mandate
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 01:08:19 pm »
Stupak was a Dem.  He knew who he was dealing with.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 01:22:36 pm »

Yep! Exactly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 01:40:32 pm »

Indeed he did.

He's not a victim.

He's a perp.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 02:54:53 pm »
Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate

You were not double-crossed, Mr. Stupak.  MANY people were telling you what would happen and you ignored them.  You are either a liar or an idiot.  People in your position--where it's critical to understand the consequences of your actions in order to prevent government from infringing upon people's rights--must be wiser and more "street smart" (or less of a liar) than you were.  Sorry, I'm not buying it.  There was something in it for you and you took the bait.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 03:47:02 pm »
SUCKER!!!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 08:57:21 pm »
If he is still a member of the democratic party, he knew Obama would renege.  He's just trying to cover his Upper Peninsula communist ass.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 09:16:14 pm »
Do not mean to side-track the thread, but this article and all of the comments are relevant to Jewish support of Obama and the Dems.

Obama and his administration are now supporting boycott efforts against Israel, and are limiting and restricting Israeli visa applications, while simultaneously granting any Muslim anywhere, regardless of their background or affiliations, asylum in America complete with a hundred different monitary benefits they can be granted.

The point is that Jews knew or should have known how Obama feels about Jews and Israel, and yet they voted for him anyway. So, what can you say? They get what they voted for. That is the way it goes.

It is a little too late for Jews to claim that they were 'blindsided' at this point. They knew, and they did it anyway. Because Jews are "Liberals" first and Jews second. If it comes down to voting for their own or their brother's safety and well being, or voting for a Liberal, they will vote the Liberal every time. That is how brainwashed they are.

So, having said that, they are beyond help. They are beyond hope.  The worst curse you could ever say to an American Liberal Jew is, "I wish that you get everything that you think you want."
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 12:19:27 am »
[[ Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate ]]

No, Bart.

You were just another stupid democrat who really believed "the party" would listen to you. And you got just what you deserved!