Author Topic: U.S. to relinquish remaining control over the Internet  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: U.S. to relinquish remaining control over the Internet
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 06:58:10 pm »
I think both of you guys are being incedibly naïve. You seem to be bringing back the Carter administration. Giving up the Panama canal is easy, no problem, no big deal. Giving up the Sinai "for peace" is the best move.

Naaaah, this is nothing. No need to worry. Everything is fine. This is a 'good' thing.

Giving this up diminishes America, and is another step in granting control of American infrastructure and American society over to an 'international body'.

You can say, 'stand down' all you want. But I will not. This move is destructive to American national interests, and no amount of singing Kumbaya is going to change my mind.

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah

Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 07:04:54 pm »
Actually I think it's been in the works since at least 2006; and the give-away, if you will, is basically just having final say-so over what goes in the ultimate root file.  So basically just giving up a final veto on certain IP to domain name associations being put into the master file.

Fair enough - you are way more tech savvy than me about computer related things!  :beer:

I recall hearing about it in 2009, is all.

But as to what it means? Nothing. Nada. Zip. Obama. A good 90% of the net still runs on US fiber.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2014, 07:09:55 pm »
I think both of you guys are being incedibly naïve. You seem to be bringing back the Carter administration. Giving up the Panama canal is easy, no problem, no big deal. Giving up the Sinai "for peace" is the best move.

Naaaah, this is nothing. No need to worry. Everything is fine. This is a 'good' thing.

Giving this up diminishes America, and is another step in granting control of American infrastructure and American society over to an 'international body'.

You can say, 'stand down' all you want. But I will not. This move is destructive to American national interests, and no amount of singing Kumbaya is going to change my mind.

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbayah

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

I remember having sing this crappy song when I was in grade school and hated it with a passion. I still hate it. I also hate that "tie-dye" crap and the "peace symbols", too.

That said, I didn't enlist just to see my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole, either.

As long as there is a breath in my body, I will never "stand down" from the Oath that I swore.

RAH!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 07:11:55 pm »

I also hated that Coke commercial with a purple passion, too. What kind of limp wristed pansy write crap like that to begin with?   :chairbang:
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 07:17:58 pm »
I keep having this dream of waking up to hear reports that Obama and his Regime have been deposed by our military in order to restore Constitution control of our country.

I keep having this dream of waking up to hear that a Secret Service agent on personal detail caught a dose of unfettered patriotism and shot the bassturd dead. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Howie66

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 07:26:04 pm »
I keep having this dream of waking up to hear that a Secret Service agent on personal detail caught a dose of unfettered patriotism and shot the bassturd dead.

Sweet dreams!
 :beer: :patriot:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:47:22 pm by Howie66 »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2014, 12:32:13 am »
240B wrote:
[[  Obama and his gang are going to come up with some 'law' that says a car that is 'X' number of years old, or one that does not have this feature or device or that feature or device, is going to be 'illegal'.
I do not have the specifics on what form it will take, but our automobiles are next on the chopping block in his effort to 'fundementally transform' America.  ]]

The EPA would be the perfect tool for this.

Just issue regulations that after a certain date, all vehicles must satisfy a specific criteria of emissions requirements, and make the requirements all-but-impossible to achieve.

Hey, why stop there? Why not regulate home chimney emissions, as well?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 12:33:09 am »
Now the UN will have their way and tax us for using the Internet we taxpayers helped pay to develop.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776