Author Topic: Allen West |Benghazi, the CIA, and 2 Republicans won’t bring resolution to the floor”  (Read 883 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://allenbwest.com/2014/03/troubling-revelations-benghazi-cia-never-conducted-investigation/

Allen West |Benghazi, the CIA, and 2 Republicans won’t bring resolution to the floor”

Written by Allen West

Just when you thought questions and controversy surrounding the Benghazi terror attack couldn’t get any worse, something else pops up.

American personnel on the ground in Benghazi the night of the 2012 terror attack are outraged after learning that the CIA’s inspector general never conducted an investigation into what happened — despite two CIA workers being killed in the attack and despite at least two complaints being filed by CIA employees, reports Adam Housley of Fox News.

I’d like to believe that since the CIA annex in Benghazi came under attack, the Inspector General of the CIA would want to conduct an investigation of the incident – at the very least to ascertain lessons learned or compile an after action report.

But apparently that’s not the case, and it’s quite disconcerting.

A CIA spokesman said the OIG (Office of the Inspector General) has already “explained fully” to the agency’s congressional oversight committees “why it did not open an investigation into Benghazi-related issues.” In any event, the CIA spokesman said the concerns full under the purview of the State Department’s Accountability Review Board (ARB), and that a separate OIG action could unnecessarily disrupt the FBI’s criminal investigation into the Benghazi attacks.

I find it unconscionable that the CIA would defer to the State Department or even the Department of Justice on a matter directly involving their own agency.

Perhaps the Obama administration has a tighter control over State and Justice — after all, Benghazi occurred under the watch of Hillary Clinton and Eric Holder. It’s well known now that the ARB investigation was quite incomplete – as a matter of fact, it didn’t even include an interview with the Secretary of State Clinton — but then again, “what difference at this point does it make?”

Housley points out separate investigations haven’t stopped the OIG from investigating issues before. Agents at the CIA are apparently upset, frustrated and wondering why this issue remains untouched.

Congressman Frank Wolf’s House Resolution 36, calling for a select committee on Benghazi, now has 187 cosponsors — all Republican unfortunately — and it still has not been brought to the House floor for a vote. There are only two people preventing this legislation from coming to the floor for a vote: Majority Leader Eric Cantor and Speaker John Boehner. The committee hearing process has failed, and in the case of the IRS scandal investigation, has turned into a circus.

The fact remains that four Americans were abandoned to die in Benghazi, and no one in a position to do anything about it in Washington D.C. seems to give a damn.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Would we even be having this discussion today had Todd Beemer and his fellow passengers on Flight 93 just stayed in their seats?

I am dead serious about this.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline katzenjammer

Congressman Frank Wolf’s House Resolution 36, calling for a select committee on Benghazi, now has 187 cosponsors — all Republican unfortunately — and it still has not been brought to the House floor for a vote. There are only two people preventing this legislation from coming to the floor for a vote: Majority Leader Eric Cantor and Speaker John Boehner. The committee hearing process has failed, and in the case of the IRS scandal investigation, has turned into a circus.

Well you know, those two guys are just "moderates" that really want the same as we all do...

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Well you know, those two guys are just "moderates" that really want the same as we all do...

Right.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Rapunzel

:thumbsup3:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776