Author Topic: Bribery in the TN Legislature  (Read 662 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Bribery in the TN Legislature
« on: March 15, 2014, 07:34:39 am »
http://victoriajackson.com/10751/bribery-tn-legisla

Bribery in the TN Legislature

Posted by Victoria Jackson on March 15, 2014 at 3:12 am

According to The Tennessean, as per the vote yesterday at the Capitol, Common Core has been put on hold for two years.

Karen Bracken‘s response, “…it’s already been implemented. What’s there to put on hold?” It needs to be repealed.

Earlier Karen Bracken had handed me a piece of paper (source: votesmart.org) that listed the names of the TN Senators and Representatives that had taken money from “Students First,” a pro-Common Core organization. What? Bribery?

Karen just emailed me the 2011 Tax Return of “Students First” and guess who is listed as one of the officers? David Coleman – Student Achievement Partners, lead writer of Common Core ELA Standards, President of the College Board, heavily funded by Bill Gates. So, the author of Common Core is connected to Huffman’s ex-wife.

I’ve been puzzled as to why our House and Senate members seem to be so ignorant or uninformed about Common Core. Now I’m starting to understand.

“Students First” just happens to be the Progressive (Communist) organization that our current Education Commissioner Kevin Huffman’s ex-wife started. Kevin Huffman, a Haslam appointee, likes to dismissively call Common Core dissenters, a “group of faux parents.” Kevin Huffman was involved in a missing-millions scandal when he worked at the Progressive “Teach for America” organization, (“Teach for America failed to account for half the money audited.”)…

…where he met his ex-wife Michelle Rhee, who was involved in a cheating scandal in Washington, D.C. where they discovered her public school system test scores were so high because she “lied” about them.

Out of 24 committee members only 6 did not take money from “Students First.” Out of the 24 committee members only 5 have education backgrounds. Why isn’t The Tennessean reporting this?

Senator Dolores Gresham received $ 15,500, Representative Mark White received $ 3,000, Senator Stacey Campfield received zero. Coincidentally, Gresham and White voted to keep Common Core and Campfield voted not to. Interesting how that works, isn’t it?

John DeBerry received over $100,000 from “Students First” in money and in-kind donations. Story here. In the story, it says Michelle Rhee is giving millions to conservatives. That is so deceitful, because John DeBerry is a Democrat and he does not vote conservative. Lies seem to be dripping off of politicians everywhere I look.

Daily Roll Call responds to the decision at the Capitol today by saying, “I believe it (Common Core) will be much more difficult to defeat in 2 years, because of the Islamists such as Susan Douglass from Virginia, who is a convert to Islam, the principle researcher and writer for CIE ( Council for Islamic Education),” and…the co-author of the Muslim-biased Pearson textbooks now being used in TN schools.

“Douglas has taught social studies at the controversial Islamic Saudi Academy (ISA), an academy which has been cited for using textbooks that condemn Jews and Christians as infidels and enemies of Islam. She was also an attendee at a meeting in April of 2001 at the White House under George Bush, that brought together key Muslim Brotherhood figures, some of which are currently in prison for aiding or financing terrorists.”

“Another group that has its hand in education via a back door is ING ( Islamic Network Group) founded by Egyptian Maha El Genadi. ING states it is a non-profit organization whose mission is to counter prejudice and discrimination against American Muslims by teaching about their traditions and contributions in the context of America’s history and cultural diversity”…they are doing this by suggesting that “perhaps Columbus didn’t discover America, but rather the Muslims did.” This from their website: Lesson One: Muslims and America, A Long History: The first lesson emphasizes the fact that Muslims are not new to America, but came here along with early European explorers and settlers. Lesson Two: Before Columbus: This lesson explores the possibility of Muslims having preceded Columbus to the New World.”

Rest rest of story here.

[img=http://education-curriculum-reform-government-schools.org/w/2013/03/pearsons-libyan-ownership-and-islam-biased-textbooks/]http://This website report[/img]s, “(Terrorist organization) Muslim Brotherhood documents seized by the FBI and presented at the Holy Land Foundation Trial in Texas revealed a plan by Muslim Brotherhood and their subsidiary organizations like CAIR to penetrate and indoctrinate American K-12 students. Would it not follow that a large Libyan stake in Pearson would tend to influence how textbooks are written? Key Pearson textbook consultants on Islam, Susan Douglass and Shabbir Mansuri have both been connected to the Muslim Brotherhood and voiced strong support of Islamic Madrassah, Islamic schools where hate for Jews and Christians is a daily lesson.”

(Pearson Publishing has just been court ordered to pay $ 7.7 million to NY, misuse of funds case. Bill Gates donated 3 million to Pearson, who publishes Common Core materials)

So, although yesterday’s vote seems like a small victory for the Stop-Common-Core-ers, we have much more work to do.

The WAR ON CORE is still raging. It is basically Liberty vs. Tyranny. Next week there will be more voting. Go to TNACC to get updates and know how to help stop this monster. Also, call your representatives and tell them to REPEAL COMMON CORE. Don’t be intimidated. We don’t work for them, they work for us.

The Tennessean reported here on the vote to delay Common Core for two years;

“Let’s get it right,” said House Minority Leader Craig Fitzhugh, who led the fight. “We’re just moving too fast.”

“The vote served as a rebuke of Gov. Bill Haslam and Education Commissioner Kevin Huffman, who have pressed ahead with Common Core. They argue the standards are needed to bring Tennessee’s public school system up to speed with those in other states.”

(This is a ridiculous lie. Common Core has nothing to do with “bringing standards up”. It just sounds good and means nothing. Haslam is either ignorant, uninformed, or a communist-Obama-crony.)

“The day before the vote, Haslam sent lawmakers a letter urging them not to unravel the standards or delay the testing. To do so, he wrote, “would be a disruptive and costly endeavor for the state as well as the districts, schools and teachers that have been implementing the standards for some time.”

From the comments I heard from Rep. Mark White at the last few sub-committee meetings, “Haslam is a treasure,” “but that would take power away from Haslam,” etc., there appears to be some obsequious behavior (butt-kissing) going on there. And, it’s also interesting Haslam just had dinner with Obama last month.

In my short time as a political activist, I have observed the cliche; there are politicians in the TN Legislature who do not put the protection of freedom as a priority, or the protection of the family as a priority, or the protection of freedom of religion, speech, and free thought as a priority, but are more interested in keeping their power and money. I’d always heard that’s what politics is about, but now I am seeing it first hand.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

Re: Bribery in the TN Legislature
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 12:49:16 pm »
Wow, a state legislature at least as corrupt as my state's!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org