Author Topic: Obama Defends His Mom Jeans: 'Generally I Look Very Sharp in Jeans'  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/03/14/Obama-Defends-His-Mom-Jeans-Generally-I-Look-Very-Sharp-In-Jeans

Obama Defends His Mom Jeans: 'Generally I Look Very Sharp in Jeans'
by Debra Heine 14 Mar 2014, 2:55 PM PDT

In an appearance on the syndicated radio program, "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" Friday morning, the president defended himself against the ridicule and barbs he's received for years for wearing what some have called, "mom jeans." Obama protested that he's been "unfairly maligned," and with his characteristic humility, added - "the truth is, generally I look very sharp in jeans."

Not "okay," "passable," "decent," "fine," or  just "sharp." POTUS wants you to know he looks VERY sharp in his jeans. And he has an excuse at the ready for his poor choice of jeans on that fateful summer day in 2009.

The Washington Post reported:

His defense of his jeans was prompted by a conversation Seacrest had with a Gap employee who helped Obama pick out sweaters for his wife Michelle, and daughters Malia and Sasha Obama. Apparently, she was thinking that Obama should perhaps update his wardrobe during his visit, too.

“I’ve been unfairly maligned about my jeans,” he said. “The truth is, generally I look very sharp in jeans. There was one episode like four years ago in which I was wearing some loose jeans mainly because I was out on the pitcher’s mound, and I didn’t want to feel confined while I was pitching, and I think I’ve paid my penance for that. I got whacked pretty good. Since that time, my jeans fit very well.”

Obama also talked politics with Seacrest and eventually got to the main reason he was there, "if you want health insurance this year, you need to make sure you that you are signing up by March 31.”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama Defends His Mom Jeans: 'Generally I Look Very Sharp in Jeans'
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 12:47:39 pm »
Vacations, fundraisers and hard-hitting interviews with Ryan Seacrest and that comedian Zach whats-his-name. What an embarrassment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 01:42:23 pm »
Does he really think he was 'pitching?'   I threw the ball better as an 8 year old girl than Barack Obama can.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 01:58:05 pm »
Does he really think he was 'pitching?'   I threw the ball better as an 8 year old girl than Barack Obama can.

I think that he makes a better "catcher", actually.

His "awesomeness" not withstanding....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:58:35 pm by Howie66 »
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 01:59:24 pm »
It is what it is.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 04:52:38 pm »
It is what it is.

Looking at that photo still makes me laugh.

What a feeb!   ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 04:58:56 pm »
Must show for contrast.......

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 05:06:48 pm »

:laugh: :silly:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 05:19:29 pm »

If someone threw a shoe at Obama, like they did W. Bush the media would crucify them as Obama screamed like a girl.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 06:10:43 pm »
If someone threw a shoe at Obama, like they did W. Bush the media would crucify them as Obama screamed like a girl.

Nice reflexes there, W!

Obama would not only scream, but the shoe would hit him squarely on the forehead.

As for the media (which celebrated with childish glee when the shoe was thrown at Bush), they would be apoplectic that their god had been dissed.  We'd still be hearing about it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 06:15:13 pm »
Just as a side note regarding Obama's absolute lack of athleticism, and even knowledge.....

Hasn't he ever watched MLB?  The pitcher's pants are not loose.  Normal jeans would allow one to pitch just fine.

Well...............anyone but HIM, that is....   :smokin:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 01:19:17 pm »
Obama protested that he's been "unfairly maligned," and with his characteristic humility, added - "the truth is, generally I look very sharp in jeans."

This is from the sitting president.  His thin skin is on full display.  Very disturbing.   **nononono*

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 01:27:25 pm »
This is from the sitting president.  His thin skin is on full display.  Very disturbing.   **nononono*

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 05:58:20 pm »
What's disturbing is that he actually spends time thinking about such things instead of, oh let's see, the economy, unemployment, Russia, Islamic terrorism ...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 10:23:30 am »
What's disturbing is that he actually spends time thinking about such things instead of, oh let's see, the economy, unemployment, Russia, Islamic terrorism ...

Considering how effectively he thinks, I'll settle for him worrying if his butt looks big in these jeans.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online rustynail

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 10:59:55 am »
"The Boy Ain't Right ".

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 01:05:43 pm »
Obama isn't spending all his time chatting with celebrity hosts like Ryan Seacrest. No, wait, he is.
The president cracked wise about the selfie that beat his election night record for the most retweeted Twitter post ever

President Barack Obama is giving Ellen DeGeneres some playful flack for her selfie-seen-round-the world.

“I heard about that. I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself,” Obama joked during an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show airing Thursday, referring to the massive group selfie she sent when she hosted the Oscars earlier this month. “Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza.”

The selfie beat Obama’s 2012 election-night victory Twitter posting for the most retweets ever, with more than 3.4 million retweets to date.

Obama’s interview came amid a last-minute publicity push to encourage Americans to sign up for health insurance under the new health care reform law, ahead of a critical March 31 enrollment deadline.
Time.com

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 06:04:37 pm »
It just gets worse.
'I will reduce the cool factor': Barack Obama admits to Ellen DeGeneres he pledged to get matching tattoos with daughters in hope it will act as 'a deterrent'

By Mike Larkin
PUBLISHED: 02:28 EST, 20 March 2014  | UPDATED: 09:15 EST, 20 March 2014 

He is supposed to be the coolest president of all time. But it seems Barack Obama's daughters do not agree, as he admitted he pledged to get matching tattoos with them in the hope it would make make them seem tragically unfashionable.

In an interview being broadcast on the Ellen DeGeneres Show on Thursday, he confessed he and wife Michelle made the pact to prevent Malia and Sasha from following the trend.

When the comedienne asked him about the deal, which will see them all get the same tattoo in the same place and then take a family photo, he said: 'We will reduce the cool factor of any tattoo. Michelle and I will be right there and we’ll post it so that everybody will be able to see it and we’ll say we all got matching tattoos.

'I suspect that would be a pretty good deterrent for both Malia and Sasha.'

And it seems this is one pledge he is serious about, for he insisted the the jolly chat show host joins them in being part of the pact after she said she hoped the girls would get tattoos.

Mr Obama said: 'Ellen, you should be apart of this. You should pledge to also get a tattoo with us.'

The TV star halfheartedly agreed, though she made clear she is not a fan of body art.

The leader of the free world then took the Oscars host to task for breaking his record number of Twitter retweets. Ellen tried to apologise for stealing the accolade, which came after she posted an image of herself surrounded by celebrities while presenting the event.

But the Commander In Chief was having none of it, telling her: 'I heard about that. I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt myself. Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background.'

And it seems he cannot get enough of the fishbowl life in Washington, as he also admitted he is a fan of political drama show House Of Cards, in which Kevin Spacey stars as a weaselly politician hellbent on winning power. The Democrat said: 'You know, I watch House of Cards I haven’t seen 'Scandal' yet, but Michelle has watched Scandal. I have to tell ya, life in Washington is a little more boring than displayed on the screen

'You know the truth of the matter is, if you followed me, most of my day is sitting in a room listening to a bunch of folks in grey suits talking about a whole bunch of stuff that wouldn’t make very good television.

'I have to tell you though Ellen, there’s not much dancing in the situation room, as a general rule.'
Daily Mail U.K.