Author Topic: Sam Adams Pulls Sponsorship Of Southie St. Patrick’s Day Parade (because parade won't promote homosexual agenda)  (Read 1549 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/03/14/sam-adams-pulls-sponsorship-of-southie-st-patricks-day-parade/

March 14, 2014

A major sponsor has pulled out of the St. Patrick’s Day parade in South Boston.

Boston Beer Company, the makers of Sam Adams beer, released a statement Friday morning saying it was hopeful that a settlement could be reached that would allow gay groups to march.

But two days before the parade, that doesn’t appear likely to happen.

“We were hopeful an agreement could be reached to allow everyone, regardless of orientation, to participate in this parade. However, given the current status of the negotiations, this may not be possible. We stand with Mayor Walsh, Congressman Lynch, and other community leaders in our decision not to participate in this year’s parade, “ the statement read.

The decision came a day after a South End bar said it would no longer serve Sam Adams products because of the brewer’s affiliation with the parade, which is scheduled for Sunday.

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh has been trying to broker a deal that would have allowed a gay group to march, but those negotiations broke down.

There has been no comment yet from the parade organizers, the South Boston Allied War Veterans Council.

Boston Beer Company said it will continue its support of “Senator Linda Dorcena Forry and her St. Patrick’s Day breakfast.”
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kevindavis007

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/03/14/sam-adams-pulls-sponsorship-of-southie-st-patricks-day-parade/

March 14, 2014

A major sponsor has pulled out of the St. Patrick’s Day parade in South Boston.

Boston Beer Company, the makers of Sam Adams beer, released a statement Friday morning saying it was hopeful that a settlement could be reached that would allow gay groups to march.

But two days before the parade, that doesn’t appear likely to happen.

“We were hopeful an agreement could be reached to allow everyone, regardless of orientation, to participate in this parade. However, given the current status of the negotiations, this may not be possible. We stand with Mayor Walsh, Congressman Lynch, and other community leaders in our decision not to participate in this year’s parade, “ the statement read.

The decision came a day after a South End bar said it would no longer serve Sam Adams products because of the brewer’s affiliation with the parade, which is scheduled for Sunday.

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh has been trying to broker a deal that would have allowed a gay group to march, but those negotiations broke down.

There has been no comment yet from the parade organizers, the South Boston Allied War Veterans Council.

Boston Beer Company said it will continue its support of “Senator Linda Dorcena Forry and her St. Patrick’s Day breakfast.”

and I will no longer drink Sam Adams beer.... There is a lot of other Micro Brew companies for me to choose from.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

and I will no longer drink Sam Adams beer.... There is a lot of other Micro Brew companies for me to choose from.

I love Sam Adams beer, but this has turned me off.  I hate companies that give in to the Velvet Mafia - I'll be looking for another favorite beer now. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

Why don't they just refuse to deliver their beer to Boston pubs and stores?

They want to have it both ways, that's why.  They want to take a public PC position while continuing to sell their beer on the drunkest weekend of the year in Boston.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mountaineer

We're visiting Boston in a few weeks. We've always enjoyed a Sam Adams or two while there, but this time will stick to
We're even going to visit the Harpoon brewery.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
I love Sam Adams beer, but this has turned me off.  I hate companies that give in to the Velvet Mafia - I'll be looking for another favorite beer now.

May I suggest that you give Leinenkugel a try? It's a great beer company and they make many differing varieties!

https://leinie.com/AV.aspx?returnUrl=default.aspx
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline mountaineer

I've tried it, Howie. Very nice.  :beer:  We just figured we'd stay local while in Beantown.

Oceander

They want to have it both ways, that's why.  They want to take a public PC position while continuing to sell their beer on the drunkest weekend of the year in Boston.

nailed it!

you win the ceegar

Offline Howie66

I've tried it, Howie. Very nice.  :beer:  We just figured we'd stay local while in Beantown.

I just love the Honey Weiss! The Shandy(s) are good, too!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
May I suggest that you give Leinenkugel a try? It's a great beer company and they make many differing varieties!

https://leinie.com/AV.aspx?returnUrl=default.aspx

Thanks Howie, I'll look for that. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Howie66

Offline flowers

Sam Adams pulled this stunt a year ago or so as well. I forget the details.

Offline mountaineer

The tyranny of the 2% continues ...
Guinness pulls out of St. Paddy’s parade over LGBT ban
By Leonard Greene
New York Post
March 16, 2014 | 7:59pm

Whose gonna ditch the parade next, leprechauns?

In the what may be the biggest blow yet to the world’s largest St. Patrick’s Day Parade, the Irish makers of Guinness beer announced Sunday that they’re dropping their sponsorship of Monday’s Manhattan event because of its organizers’ policy banning groups from marching under banners identifying themselves as gay.

“Guinness has a strong history of supporting diversity and being an advocate for equality for all,” the company said in a statement posted Sunday night on the Web site of the GLAAD gay-activist group Sunday night.

“We were hopeful that the policy of exclusion would be reversed for this year’s parade. As this has not come to pass, Guinness has withdrawn its participation. We will continue to work with community leaders to ensure that future parades have an inclusionary policy.”

Guinness beer has long been synonymous with all things Ireland, and was targeted by gay-rights activists Sunday, the eve of Monday’s 11 a.m. parade up Fifth Avenue.

The legendary Stonewall Inn gay bar in Greenwich Village announced it would dump barrels of Guinness from its roof in protest of the beer maker’s participation in the parade.

After Guinness, owned by the massive liquor multinational Diageo, announced it would pull out of the parade, the bar called off the protest.

“It’s amazing how the times are changing,” Carmine Tzavis, a Stonewall bartender, said. “Thirty years ago, gay people had to hide in fear, and now look what we can accomplish.’’

Gay leaders tipped back a pint in celebration.

GLADD President Sarah Kate Ellis issued a statement saying, “Guinness sent a strong message to its customers and employees: Discrimination should never be celebrated.

“As a gay mom who has fond memories of the New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade, it saddens me that I can’t give those same memories to my own kids because my family isn’t welcome.”

Not everyone agreed with the move.

“Guinness should have just ignored them,” said Ray Brophy, 50, of Ireland, who was knocking back Guinnesses at Connolly’s on West 45th Street. “St. Patrick’s Day isn’t about gay or straight. It’s about celebrating St. Patrick.”

Morris Jones, who was also enjoying a glass of the brew, said, “Guinness has been sponsoring the parade for years and the rules haven’t changed. Changing their tune now just looks foolish.’’

The Ancient Order of Hibernians, which runs the parade, did not return calls for comment.

Guinness made its move after many New York political leaders declined to march unless gay groups are allowed to participate openly. After some 16 years of mayoral involvement in the event, Mayor de Blasio decided to boycott. Most members of the City Council also declined to march in the parade.

Guinness’ move leaves Ford Motors as the only major American corporation that continues to sponsor the New York parade.

Heineken had already dropped its support, saying that the company is “passionate about equality for all people.”

Sam Adams announced that it would drop its sponsorship of Boston’s St. Patrick’s Parade, which, like the New York march, bans marchers identifying themselves as gay.

Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito commended the three breweries on Sunday night.

She said they sent “ a clear message that New York’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade needs to be inclusive to all New Yorkers.’’

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Ambush marketing at its finest: you get the publicity, and you don't have to pay for it.

Offline olde north church

The tyranny of the 2% continues ...

Why don't the drinkers of such things who don't support this open their traps against Sam Adams and other such brands?  It's not like they are the only one's who can brew suds.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Why don't the drinkers of such things who don't support this open their traps against Sam Adams and other such brands?  It's not like they are the only one's who can brew suds.
I think it's because unlike the other side, most of us are a lot more tolerant of other people's views than we get credit for being.