Author Topic: Neither liberal democrats or tea party republicans should be immune from investigation  (Read 732 times)

rangerrebew

Neither Liberal Democrats Nor Tea Party Republicans Should Be Immune From Investigation!

Posted 5 hours ago by Bob Allen filed under Bureaucrats, Corruption, Law Enforcement

It is often said today that "DC is broken." I would agree.

Here is another example. No one... no one... NO ONE... is above the law. And those who serve in public office should be held to higher standards, because they possess the public trust, and have the power to do untold damage.

From the Washington Times:

FBI agents working alongside Utah state prosecutors in a wide-ranging corruption investigation have uncovered accusations of wrongdoing by two of the U.S. Senate’s most prominent figures — Majority Leader Harry Reid and rising Republican Sen. Mike Lee — but the Justice Department has thwarted their bid to launch a full federal investigation.

The probe, conducted by one Republican and one Democratic state prosecutor in Utah, has received accusations from an indicted businessman and political donor, interviewed other witnesses and gathered preliminary evidence such as financial records, Congressional Record statements and photographs that corroborate some aspects of the accusations, officials have told The Washington Times and ABC News.

But the Justice Department’s public integrity section — which normally handles corruption cases involving elected figures — rejected FBI agents’ bid to use a federal grand jury and subpoenas to determine whether the accusations are true and whether any federal crimes were committed by state and federal officials.

I think Harry Reid is a disgrace. I like what I've seen of Mike Lee. Those personal opinions do not matter a bit in this case. Both should be investigated at the highest levels, on par with the significance of the charges. If guilty, they should be bounced from the Senate. Period.

As a final note, I have to chastise the Washington Times here for conduct unbecoming a professional source of journalism for these outrageous pictures. C'mon, ladies and gentlemen... there is no excuse for selecting the worst picture you can find. Respect. Sheesh!

Read more at http://politicaloutcast.com/2014/03/neither-liberal-democrats-tea-party-republicans-immune-investigation/#P3Oeo9vGufHMortw.99
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:53:45 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline evadR

Interpretation:
Find a way to investigate and incarcerate the Tea Party Guy and leave the real crook, Dingy Harry, alone.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

rangerrebew

As I remember it, the FBI used to have a unit, under Bush, that did nothing but investigate corruption in congress.  If that was true, it no longer is under Obama, I'm sure. :thud:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Interpretation:
Find a way to investigate and incarcerate the Tea Party Guy and leave the real crook, Dingy Harry, alone.
Think for a moment.

Who considers both Democrats and the Tea Party to be enemies? Remember, Mike Lee embodies the epitome of the Tea Party threat to this group.

The Republican establishment.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if this were from the McConnell-Graham wing of the party.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

So there's no way Mike Lee could be on the take?

C'mon.  Politicians of every stripe are awash in cash and people wanting favors.

They're all shady.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

C'mon.  Politicians of every stripe are awash in cash and people wanting favors.

They're all shady.

Spoken like a true democrat.

Offline sinkspur

Spoken like a die hard Zealot.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So there's no way Mike Lee could be on the take?

They're all shady.
Not saying he isn't. I'm just saying why would the same source implicate two people on opposite sides of the political spectrum? Everybody has an agenda, and a GOP-e type hellbent on revenge for the Tea Party would be more than willing to take out a major Tea Party figure and the Democrats' pointman on obstructing Republicans at the same time. It would certainly be consistent.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

I have no regard for any corrupt elected official or government employee, regardless of political party. That said, the problem here is that DOJ is entirely politicized. I do not believe Reid's offenses will get a second look from anyone who can do anything about them, while Lee - even if he's done absolutely nothing wrong - will be dragged through the mud.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Plenty of them from both parties have been found guilty of all sort of things, usually related to money.

You know the Republican Attorney General of Utah has already resigned over this case?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

If anyone bothered reading any of what I posted on this case earlier today you would know this is another dragnet type case - like the Bush Special Prosecutor case....... the man responsible for this was a con-man extraordinate and only fell into the radar screen when he got cross-wise with the FAA over illegal flying his personal helicopter up at Lake Powell.......  Jeremy Johnson isn't anyone I would hang my hat on as being a person Lee hung out with - but it is possible through the tight politics that exists in Utah he received money for his campaign funneled from people like Johnson -  Even the final article I posted in the chronological stream said very clearly there is no evidence of wrong-doing from Mike Lee....... but just in case they through out his name along with Reid  -- hmmmm why would out justice department want to obfuscate anything Reid is involved in???  :whistle: :whistle:  I have rheams of stuff on Reid and his dirty dealings in Nevada and this area of Arizona and yes, some of his dealings spilled over to St. George.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,132368.0.html
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Not saying he isn't. I'm just saying why would the same source implicate two people on opposite sides of the political spectrum? Everybody has an agenda, and a GOP-e type hellbent on revenge for the Tea Party would be more than willing to take out a major Tea Party figure and the Democrats' pointman on obstructing Republicans at the same time. It would certainly be consistent.

My theory that Lee is on the take makes as much sense as your theory that some mysterious GOPe figure wants to "take out" a freshman Senator who lost his ass the first time he stuck it on on a major issue.

Oceander

Not at all.  First, there is some truth to the statement, and second, a true democrat would have said that no, the only corrupt politicians are republicans who are on the take from the Koch brothers.

Offline evadR

Think for a moment.

Who considers both Democrats and the Tea Party to be enemies? Remember, Mike Lee embodies the epitome of the Tea Party threat to this group.

The Republican establishment.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if this were from the McConnell-Graham wing of the party.
Point taken, and while I have zero regard for the GOP-e, I'm not sure exactly how they worm their way into this.
Details to follow, let's see who actually gets prosecuted.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

I can't stand Harry Reid and I know he has a lot of underhanded dealings in his career, but this Jeremy Johnson is bad, bad news and is in so much trouble he would and has pretty much said anything and everything to try and get out of his situation.. he already brought down a bank in St. George and a Utah AG........
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776