Author Topic: Scott Brown to the rescue (again)? Former Massachusetts senator to announce New Hampshire run, hopes to return in November Republican landslide  (Read 11345 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2580692/Scott-Brown-rescue-Former-Massachusetts-senator-announce-New-Hampshire-run-hopes-return-November-Republican-sweep.html

Scott Brown to the rescue (again)? Former Massachusetts senator to announce New Hampshire run, hopes to return in November Republican landslide

The Maine-born Republican won a Massachusetts shocker in 2010 to replace the late Democratic Sen. Ted Kennedy
    He lost his seat two years later to far-left Democrat Elizabeth Warren
    Now Brown has moved a few miles north and aims to return to the Senate
    He's scheduled to speak late Saturday afternoon at a Nashua, N.H. political event, with GOP leaders calling his Senate candidacy 'a rumor'

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor

PUBLISHED: 00:48 EST, 14 March 2014 | UPDATED: 01:46 EST, 14 March 2014

Scott Brown wouldn't be the first person to serve in the U.S. Senate from more than one state. But Sen. James Shields' record of three states – Illinois, Minnesota, and Missouri – appears safe unless the Republican pays his realtor overtime.

Brown, who swept into Washington in 2010 as a surprise replacement for the recently deceased Democratic lion Ted Kennedy, moved to his coastal New Hampshire vacation home last year and registered to vote there. He's now poised to challenge first-term Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen in the Granite State.

Matt Mowers, executive director of the New Hampshire State Republican Committee, shrugged Thursday night and told MailOnline that 'it's a rumor right now.'

But two other sources have confirmed that Brown will use his speaking engagement at the Northeast Republican Leadership Conference in Nashua, N.H. as a launching pad.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Looks like he's found his calling. The perpetual candidate.

Sorry that I ever donated to him. That will not happen again.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Looks like he's found his calling. The perpetual candidate.

Sorry that I ever donated to him. That will not happen again.

Anyone can make a mistake. Don't get pensive about it.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline speekinout

It seems to me that people who believe - as I do - that getting a GOP majority in Congress is the most important thing to accomplish this year would applaud the idea of Brown running in NH. He's a plausible winner against a weakened dim candidate. Who is another GOP candidate who could pick off this seat? Mark Steyn?
Brown has been urged to take this seat by people who want a GOP majority. He isn't challenging a strong candidate in the primary; he's filling a void. IMO, that's a key distinction.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Some numbers --

A "Brown" type northeastern moderate Republican is the kind it takes to get elected, and will typically be good for an ACU rating around 50

A typical democrat in the northeast will score an ACU rating of 5 to 10

For anybody with an ounce of intelligence to forego a Brown type candidate, to get a democrat isn't worth wasting time or energy with.

The red state true conservative simply is not electable in the northeast.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
How nice, another reliable vote for the Democrats for almost everything.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How nice, another reliable vote for the Democrats for almost everything.
If 50% to me and a lot of good folks, 50% is 50%, not "almost everything."

FYI in 2010 Brown had a 74% rating by ACU.

The available choices are 50% or 10% with the larger number being better.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
New Hampshire is an odd duck, and you really have to want to be there in order to live there.  I'm surprised they can get anyone to run for office there at all.....

Offline Rapunzel

Brown is a major member of no-labels. If he was honest he would run as an independent.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

If 50% to me and a lot of good folks, 50% is 50%, not "almost everything."

FYI in 2010 Brown had a 74% rating by ACU.

The available choices are 50% or 10% with the larger number being better.

You're posting in Tea Party territory.  Scott Brown is anathema to the Tea Party because he doesn't toe the line.

Of course he'd provide another vote against Obama nominees and for GOP economic policies.  THAT used to be good enough for the 2010 Tea Party.

Not anymore.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline xyno

You're posting in Tea Party territory.  Scott Brown is anathema to the Tea Party because he doesn't toe the line.

Of course he'd provide another vote against Obama nominees and for GOP economic policies.  THAT used to be good enough for the 2010 Tea Party.

Not anymore.

That is absolutely fine for now as far as I am concerned.  First, you win.  Good Lord, this purity crap can be infuriating.  Control of Congress - both houses - is paramount.

Offline Rapunzel

That is absolutely fine for now as far as I am concerned.  First, you win.  Good Lord, this purity crap can be infuriating.  Control of Congress - both houses - is paramount.

Right........... they did such a bang-up job the last time they were in charge of both.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Of course.  The organizations that were CREATED to oppose incumbents (i.e., the Senate Conservatives Fund) are in it for the money, and no other reason.

When did those tassel-loafered preppies ever run a campaign against a Democrat?

Offline sinkspur

Right........... they did such a bang-up job the last time they were in charge of both.

If you see no difference between Republicans and Democrats then you're way out on that Tea Party limb.

Offline Rapunzel

If you see no difference between Republicans and Democrats then you're way out on that Tea Party limb.

One word:  2006

Offline sinkspur

One word:  2006

And how'd did the loss of both Houses of Congress work out for ya? 

You're one of those who'd gladly support a third-party, just so you could wreck the Republican takeover of the Senate. 

You don't want to govern.  You want to destroy.

Offline Rapunzel

And how'd did the loss of both Houses of Congress work out for ya? 

You're one of those who'd gladly support a third-party, just so you could wreck the Republican takeover of the Senate. 

You don't want to govern.  You want to destroy.

Would not have lost it if they had not spent like drunken sailors. What proof do we have over the last 8 years they would do any different...... 

Offline xyno

Surrender to Democratic control is not an option - because then there is no chance whatsoever.  None.  To hold fast on some vague, nebulous and ill-defined "but he ain't my kind" of Republican is foolish. 

Just my opinion.  You have yours.

I got it.

Offline sinkspur

Would not have lost it if they had not spent like drunken sailors. What proof do we have over the last 8 years they would do any different......

Democrats didn't win because of the spending.  They won because of the last-minute Mark Foley scandal and the weakness of George W. Bush.

Unless it's your contention that Republicans stayed home knowing they'd deliver the Congress to Pelosi and Reid.

Just like 2012.  And HOW IS THAT WORKING OUT FOR THOSE EXTREMIST REPUBLICANS???

Offline Rapunzel

No wonder this country is going to hell in a handbasket.  We have people who just blindly return the same old tired and corrupt politicians to office time and time again.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
No wonder this country is going to hell in a handbasket.  We have people who just blindly return the same old tired and corrupt politicians to office time and time again.

They do not want to rock the boat so as long as it keeps their 401K high and/or they are able to continue to suck on the government teat.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline sinkspur

Republicans = Democrats in your mind.

You're beyond reason.  Continue tilting at windmills.

Offline Rapunzel

Republicans = Democrats in your mind.

You're beyond reason.  Continue tilting at windmills.

We're talking primaries right now.  You would not vote against an incumbent if they bit you in the rear and stomped all over you... never, ever do you ever consider someone new might be better.

Offline sinkspur

They do not want to rock the boat so as long as it keeps their 401K high and/or they are able to continue to suck on the government teat.

And the Tea Party trots out candidates like Lee Bright, who's garnering 8% support in South Carolina against Lindsey Graham.

It appears that Tea Party candidates, in nearly every primary challenge this year, are the outliers.  Republican voters want to actually WIN BACK the Senate. 

Offline sinkspur

We're talking primaries right now.  You would not vote against an incumbent if they bit you in the rear and stomped all over you... never, ever do you ever consider someone new might be better.

You mean like Steve Stockman who failed to campaign against John Cornyn?  Or Matt Bevin, who was for TARP before he was against it?  Or Lee Bright, who's sitting at 8% against Lindsey Graham?  Or Milt Wolf, who had some kind of necrophiliac obsession?

The quality of Tea Party candidates is getting worse, not better.  Not one GOP Senator will lose his primary this year.