Author Topic: Newly formed Muslim coalition seeks greater clout on US elections  (Read 2865 times)

rangerrebew

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/newly-formed-muslim-coalition-seeks-greater-clout-us-elections

Newly Formed Muslim Coalition Seeks Greater Clout in U.S. Elections

March 13, 2014 – 4:49 AM

By Patrick Goodenough

(CNSNews.com) – Ten U.S. Islamic organizations have formed a new umbrella group to serve as a “representative voice” for American Muslims, and one of their first tasks will be to carry out a census of the community.

Other focus areas for the new U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations (USCMO), [can you say "New Muslim Brotherhood front of smaller Muslim Brotherhood fronts"?] according to speakers at the body’s launch in Washington on Wednesday, include enhancing Muslim political engagement and participation in forthcoming elections, civil rights issues, combating “Islamophobia” and having an impact on U.S. foreign and domestic policy.

Participating organizations include high-profile groups that have been dogged by controversy, such as the Muslim American Society (MAS), founded by Muslim Brotherhood members, and the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which was named by the Justice Department in 2007 as “unindicted co-conspirators” in its case against the Holy Land Foundation in Texas, subsequently found guilty of raising money for Hamas.

“The new national council’s first priority will be to build on Muslim citizenship rights by conducting a census of American Muslims to create a database that will be used to enhance civic and political participation in upcoming elections,” USCMO said in a statement.

CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad, a participant at the launch, said that Muslim organizations in 2011 had come up with a “guesstimate” of seven to eight million Muslims [which, if you follow my rule of thumb by always dividing any number they give you by 3, you'll be close,  then there are no more than 2.5 million Muslims in the U.S.] in the United States. “Opponents of the Muslim community shot down the number for political reasons, to two-and-a-half [:-}], two million, and sometimes people even said half a million,” he said. The aim of the census project would be to determine a clear idea of the number and distribution of American Muslims, by 2016 [so they can threaten the heck out of all the candidates]. “Muslim voters can be swing voters in key elections, especially in 2016, and we are aiming at that election to bring a more visible participation from the Muslim community,” Awad said.

According to AMJA, the Association of Muslim Jurists, in other words, the boys who know Sharia law the best, if Muslims participate in the American democratic process, like voting, they are apostates of Islam, because they are showing/giving loyalty to something other than Allah. I suspect, however, that can be easily waived because THIS kind of participation is jihad, the intention being to put Islam-friendly (meaning anti-Americans) into office, be they actual Muslims, or simply ideologically aligned.

Another participant, Osama Abu Irshaid ofAmerican Muslims for Palestine (AMP), said Muslims “are a growing demographic, numbering in the millions, and it is time to organize ourselves so that we can fully participate productively and efficiently in the political process.” Abu Irshaid said American Muslims’ purchasing power exceeds $170 billion, “but we want to be more than consumers in this country.” “We want to fully participate and engage in the civic process. We also want to ward off the evils of bigotry and Islamophobia [then drop those two words from your own lexicon] and begin to define ourselves instead of allowing others – who don’t understand us, who fear us, and even hate us – tell us how we should live and worship in this country.” Abu Irshaid said bringing American Muslims into the political process “can only enrich American foreign policy and enrich our domestic policy as well.”

One prominent anti-Islamist Muslim described the move as “a circling of the wagons” by the nation’s top Islamist organizations. “If they were going to start an American Islamist political party those would be the founders,” the president of the non-profit American Islamic Forum for Democracy, M. Zuhdi Jasser, said early Thursday. The USCMO launch was a sign that Islamists were “feeling the heat,” Jasser said. “America is both getting tuned in to their anti-American agenda as well as also realizing that far more diverse anti-Islamist American Muslim groups – like our American Islamic Leadership Coalition – can provide alternative and authentic Muslim voices beyond the Islamists.”

Although a woman emceed the event, no women were visible among the leaders of the organizations at the launch. USCMO Secretary-General Oussama Jammal said the new body’s stated priorities include “empowering women by developing and supporting their leadership skills, seeking appointment of Muslim women to leadership positions, and also involving women at all levels of our community organizations and expressions.”

The founding members of the new umbrella group are The Mosque Cares, Muslim American Society, American Muslims for Palestine, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Islamic Circle of North America, Muslim Legal Fund of America, Muslim Alliance in North America, Muslim Ummah of North America, American Muslim Alliance and the Mosque Foundation of Chicago.

How many Muslims?

The size of the Muslim American community has been a point of contention.  The U.S. Census Bureau does not collect religious data, but the 2008 American Religious Identification Survey, conducted by scholars at Trinity College, found the number of American adults self-identifying as Muslims to be 1.35 million, up from 1.1 million in 2001.

In 2010, the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life put the number of Muslims in the U.S. at 2.77 million.

In his “address to the Muslim world” in Cairo the previous year, however, President Obama made reference to “nearly seven million American Muslims in our country” [who is so notably known for getting everything right, huh?] – drawing applause for doing so from an American Muslim leader at the time.

The seven million figure has been attributed to a CAIR-sponsored 2001 survey of leaders from a representative sample of mosques, which concluded that two million Muslims were associated with a mosque (with “association” defined as at least attending Eid, the major Islamic holiday at the end of Ramadan).

Based on that number, the survey authors concluded that “estimates of a total Muslim population of 6-7 million in America seem reasonable.” The Islamic Society of North America states that there are “close to seven million Muslims” in the U.S. [So one guy lies and the other swears to it. Big deal. And what do you bet that their "survey" is going to come out to be 7M-8M? As bad as PEW is with asking questions that get answers they want, I'd trust them over this biased new MB front.]

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Newly formed Muslim coalition seeks greater clout on US elections
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:11:03 pm »
 "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

That, to me, is the very best of America.
It does imply something though. That the people coming in wish to be free.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 12:36:35 pm »

That's all kind, sweet and apple pie; until these things happened.

General: Muslim Brotherhood Has Infiltrated Pentagon In ‘High Security Clearance’ Positions
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,131021.0.html

Lt. Col. Matthew Dooley Fired for Criticizing Islam at Joint Forces Staff College
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/19/Lt-Col-Matthew-Dooley-Loses-Teaching-Position-at-Joint-Forces-Staff-College-For-Criticizing-Islam
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »
“The new national council’s first priority will be to build on Muslim citizenship rights by conducting a census of American Muslims to create a database that will be used to enhance civic and political participation in upcoming elections,” USCMO said in a statement.

Good luck with that.   :smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:34:42 pm »
That's all kind, sweet and apple pie; until these things happened.

General: Muslim Brotherhood Has Infiltrated Pentagon In ‘High Security Clearance’ Positions
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,131021.0.html

Lt. Col. Matthew Dooley Fired for Criticizing Islam at Joint Forces Staff College
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/19/Lt-Col-Matthew-Dooley-Loses-Teaching-Position-at-Joint-Forces-Staff-College-For-Criticizing-Islam

Leave me my illusions. Please?

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 05:29:27 pm »
Sharia law, comming soon.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 05:37:49 pm »

"It does imply something though. That the people coming in wish to be free."

I believe this a solid statement of fact, rather than an implication.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 05:42:51 pm »
Good luck with that.   :smokin:
I know that I'm going to get flamed for this, but save your breath.

It is my considered opinion that anybody that declares themselves to be a Muzzie, should be automatically banned from any position of a sensitive nature. No exceptions.

The fact of the matter is that Islam is 180 degrees out of phase with what our Constitution and Bill of Rights stand for. It is not compatible with American Society.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 06:17:06 pm »
It is my considered opinion that anybody that declares themselves to be a Muzzie, should be automatically banned from any position of a sensitive nature. No exceptions.

This is what many Muslims are afraid of .... and worse.  So, again: good luck with that database.   88devil

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 03:39:22 pm »
Related article

Professor speaks out after CAIR's anti-Muslim accusations - News - Central Florida Future - University of Central Florida
http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/news/professor-speaks-out-after-cair-s-anti-muslim-accusations-1.2860007#.UyRzy3ys9AO

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 03:41:28 pm »
I know that I'm going to get flamed for this, but save your breath.

The fact of the matter is that Islam is 180 degrees out of phase with what our Constitution and Bill of Rights stand for. It is not compatible with American Society.

Or at least checked out and if they have ties to the MB/ not allowed in. But then again the muslim brotherhood is already in our government so I see your reasoning of a lock-down.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:42:15 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Howie66

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 03:50:03 pm »
Or at least checked out and if they have ties to the MB/ not allowed in. But then again the muslim brotherhood is already in our government so I see your reasoning of a lock-down.

I do not see why there can't be a complete purge of the MB crap from our government. Hell, Obama has had no problem at all in purging real American patriots from our military.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 04:15:22 pm »
"It does imply something though. That the people coming in wish to be free."

I believe this a solid statement of fact, rather than an implication.

It is - and probably the most admirable thing about an often infuriating country!

The problem though, is that you an go to America and be free to live your life and worship as you will.

If you are a Muslim, you get stuck at that point. You can follow the teachings of Islam freely, but if you do you may not accept the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 19th and 21st Amendments. That's a big chunk you are missing. Co-incidentally, those chunks are what give you the liberty to worship as you will.

Catch 22, right?

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 04:34:03 pm »
I do not see why there can't be a complete purge of the MB crap from our government. Hell, Obama has had no problem at all in purging real American patriots from our military.

I'm sure that you know this already, but it is really very simple: the MB are in the positions that they are because the powers that be want them there, and the Patriots are being purged because they don't want them there.  Simple, but nonetheless very scary.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 04:42:38 pm »
Since Obama, there are more Muslims in American government than there are in a downtown mosque in Detroit.

If Obama could have anything he wants, the American government would be entirely composed of Black people, with as many Muslims as possible, with a smattering of gays and Latinos for PC purposes. This is Obama vision of 'ideal' American government.

Idiot Liberals voted for this guy. They get what they deserve, however it is a shame that we all have to suffer from Liberal stupidity.

A Black Muslim radical does not stop being a radical Black Muslim just because you make him President. In fact, all the Liberals did was to 'enable' him, not moderate him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 06:42:05 pm »
I'm sure that you know this already, but it is really very simple: the MB are in the positions that they are because the powers that be want them there, and the Patriots are being purged because they don't want them there.  Simple, but nonetheless very scary.

Exactly.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »
Since Obama, there are more Muslims in American government than there are in a downtown mosque in Detroit.

If Obama could have anything he wants, the American government would be entirely composed of Black people, with as many Muslims as possible, with a smattering of gays and Latinos for PC purposes. This is Obama vision of 'ideal' American government.

Idiot Liberals voted for this guy. They get what they deserve, however it is a shame that we all have to suffer from Liberal stupidity.

A Black Muslim radical does not stop being a radical Black Muslim just because you make him President. In fact, all the Liberals did was to 'enable' him, not moderate him.

There are plenty of RINOs that are aiding in the enabling of Barak Hussein Obama. Juan McLame, Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan just to name a few.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 07:04:52 pm »
There are plenty of RINOs that are aiding in the enabling of Barak Hussein Obama. Juan McLame, Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan just to name a few.

Well of course. "The Government" represents "The Government". That is who and what they are. Far from representing the "American People", they consider the "American People" to be an annoyance. They could not care less what the 'American People' think, or want.

They think they know best. And they are going to do anything they want to do until someone or something stops them. And so far, there is nothing that can rein them in. D.C. (Pubs and Dems) is in a freefall, out of control, power grab, and there is nothing that I know of that can stop them.

That is an unforseen event. What if, the two parties join together into one monolithic party? What do you do then?

I don't know...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:06:08 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 09:49:52 pm »

Just remember who led the outcry against Louie Gohmert, Steve King, Michelle Bachmann (and a couple of others in the House) when they tried to shine some sunlight on the MB in FedGov and especially Huma in the State Dept.  Enablers??  Absolutely.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 09:54:25 pm »

Well of course. "The Government" represents "The Government". That is who and what they are. Far from representing the "American People", they consider the "American People" to be an annoyance. They could not care less what the 'American People' think, or want.

They think they know best. And they are going to do anything they want to do until someone or something stops them. And so far, there is nothing that can rein them in. D.C. (Pubs and Dems) is in a freefall, out of control, power grab, and there is nothing that I know of that can stop them.

That is an unforseen event. What if, the two parties join together into one monolithic party? What do you do then?

I don't know...

19 April, 1775 moment would be my best guess.

We have a moral obligation to cast off a government that no longer serves the will of the people.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 09:54:47 pm »
Just remember who led the outcry against Louie Gohmert, Steve King, Michelle Bachmann (and a couple of others in the House) when they tried to shine some sunlight on the MB in FedGov and especially Huma in the State Dept.  Enablers??  Absolutely.

That's right.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 12:17:25 am »
240b wrote:
[[ That is an unforseen event. What if, the two parties join together into one monolithic party? What do you do then? ]]

And Howie66 replied

[[ 19 April, 1775 moment would be my best guess. ]]

I'm thinking more of a "Battle of Athens" event, only this time involving thousands in the streets of you-know-where...

But I'm having my doubts that such a sea change will ever occur again in this nation.

Glad I'm old and don't have that many more years to go...