Author Topic: Mission accomplished: Sochi puppies have new home in US  (Read 653 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Mission accomplished: Sochi puppies have new home in US
« on: March 14, 2014, 03:13:48 am »
Love this - sadly one of the puppies died and the authorities in Sochi would not allow them to take for medical care....

Mission accomplished: Sochi puppies have new home in US

MAR 12, 2014 1:40p ET

Gus Kenworthy's adopted puppies are finally in America.

American freestyle skier Gus Kenworthy accomplished his main mission from the Sochi Olympics when he brought home the silver medal.

Now, his other mission can be checked off the list -- the group of Sochi  stray dogs he pledged to adopt and bring home have made it to America!

The group of three puppies, their mother and a fourth stray have reportedly safely arrived in New York City Wednesday night and were reunited with Kenworthy on Thursday before they all make their way to Colorado.

While it took some time to get the puppy paperwork in order, apparently all the paws have been dotted and the tails crossed, and now Kenworthy's adorably furry pals are en route to Denver.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I introduce to you my elite team of travel companions! See you in Denver everyone!

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/the-sochi-puppies-are-coming-031214
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Re: Mission accomplished: Sochi puppies have new home in US
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 11:33:17 am »
I almost missed this one. Good story. I don't think I could handle all those pups, but kudos to the folks who do!

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Mission accomplished: Sochi puppies have new home in US
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:20:14 am »
I almost missed this one. Good story. I don't think I could handle all those pups, but kudos to the folks who do!

I bet these pups think they all died and went to heaven after living on the streets of Sochi and living on handouts.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776