Author Topic: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
« on: March 13, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 09:50:54 PM »
Well isn't this a fine kettle of fish!

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 09:56:20 PM »
Well isn't this a fine kettle of fish!

My money is that Reid set this up and then put the brakes on it.

That sonovabitch is as dirty as the day is long.

I'm also willing to bet that Mike Lee will be completely exonerated, but tarnished.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 10:32:10 PM »
We already know that Reid exchanged money for political favors:  he made the floor of the Senate Tom Steyer's personal bully pulpit - and implicitly sold him 55 Senate votes since Reid runs his "flock" with an iron hand - in exchange for Steyer's promise to raise and contribute $100 million to democrat campaigns.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 12:12:53 AM »
On the good news side, at least the FBI are taking their job seriously.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 09:50:14 AM »
My money is that Reid set this up and then put the brakes on it.

That sonovabitch is as dirty as the day is long.

I'm also willing to bet that Mike Lee will be completely exonerated, but tarnished.

When you read the entire article it becomes clear that this is Abut 95% about Reid and 5% Lee.

I predict that both will skate and 99% of Americans will never know a thing about it!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 09:53:57 AM »
Yeah, they are protecting Reid. If it were just Lee THE WACKO BIRD TP guy- they would have him crucified at dawn.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 03:42:29 PM »
I know quite a bit about the guy who sucked bot Reid and Lee into this investigation, I'll post some of it later today.

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 03:46:59 PM »
I know quite a bit about the guy who sucked bot Reid and Lee into this investigation, I'll post some of it later today.
bkmk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 04:44:01 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 04:47:52 PM »
A little more from Las Vegas.......

http://www.vegasinc.com/business/legal/2011/may/27/feds-move-sell-assets-utah-business-gambling-figur/

BTW as an aside - Johnson actually owned two houseboats at Lake Powell - one of the boats was notorious on the lake (as in no one wanted to be anywhere near the boat) it was called Animal House - a while after this initial event Animal House was raided at Antelope Point and seized for drugs.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:49:20 PM by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 04:52:02 PM »
http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/52056154-79/johnson-fraud-attorney-charge.html.csp

Feds: Jeremy Johnson had wad of cash, one-way ticket

By Tom Harvey The Salt Lake Tribune
Published June 22, 2011 7:49 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2011, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

St. George businessman Jeremy Johnson had $26,400 in cash and a one-way ticket to Costa Rica when he was arrested on a fraud charge earlier this month at the Phoenix airport by IRS agents.

But his attorneys say the money was for a business he is trying to start in the Central American nation and that he frequently travels internationally on one-way tickets because it's often cheaper than having to change return dates on round-trip fares. They want him released from jail pending trial in federal court when he is brought from Arizona to Utah to face a mail fraud charge.

The money and ticket are part of the evidence the U.S. Attorney's Office is using to try to keep Johnson in jail until the case against him is resolved. At a hearing last week in Phoenix over whether Johnson should be freed, Assistant U.S. Attorney Jim Knapp said Johnson had $26,400 in cash on him when he was arrested at Sky Harbor International Airport on June 11. Knapp added that Johnson and three unnamed companions each had a one-way ticket to Costa Rica, according to a recording of the session.

"I think there are some very strong facts to suggest the defendant was trying to leave the country and trying to leave with some of the proceeds from the fraud scheme," Knapp told the U.S. magistrate presiding over the hearing. Johnson ended up waiving his right to contest extradition to Utah and is expected to be flown to Utah soon to face the mail-fraud charge.

Johnson was arrested five months after the Federal Trade Commission sued him, several business partners and their companies for allegedly running a massive Internet fraud scheme that brought in $350 million from consumers who the agency says were duped into giving up credit and debit card information that was used for unauthorized billings.

Johnson's Utah attorney, Travis Marker, said Wednesday his client was legally carrying the money in Phoenix, adding that it was for an investment in a business in Costa Rica. Marker said the source of the funds had been disclosed.

Marker said he and his legal team are preparing to argue in Utah that Johnson is not a flight risk. Johnson would not have tried to leave the country from Phoenix had he known a charge was pending, the attorney said.

Melodie Rydalch, spokes-woman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Utah, said prosecutors will be asking that Johnson be detained.

After Johnson's arrest on the criminal charge, the Las Vegas judge presiding over the FTC lawsuit last week denied his request for the release of frozen funds so Johnson could pay legal bills and about $27,000 a month in living expenses.

U.S. District Judge Roger L. Hunt said Johnson appeared to have access to funds that enabled him to pay more than $200,000 in legal fees, transport his family back and forth to Costa Rica where they have a house and to meet other expenses.

Among the living expenses Johnson listed were $16,600 a month to meet mortgage payments on his St. George home and $2,650 a month for yard maintenance.

The judge pointed out that the St. George house is worth less than Johnson owes on it and said that the circumstances of the mortgage were "suspicious."

"Under these circumstances alone, the court cannot justify Johnson's request," Hunt said in his ruling released Friday. "Johnson is not entitled to monies that would continue funding a fiscally irresponsible lifestyle."

The federal grand jury that indicted Johnson on the mail fraud count continues to meet, the U.S. Attorney's Office said, so additional charges are possible.

The IRS also has made a $2.6 million claim against Johnson, according to court records.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 04:56:09 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 04:58:52 PM »
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:59:23 PM by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 05:00:19 PM »
wall street journal ran 3 articles on the full tilt poker Internet gaming collapse with one article making note of the St George Utah ties. Pretty hard to keep track of the facts as this thing jumps all over the globe.

online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240531119...h_TECHEDITORSPICKS_1

online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240529702...WSJ_Tech_LEFTTopNews

online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240529702...WSJ_Tech_LEFTTopNews

Then a few weeks later..........

Sunfirst bank in St George utah was closed down by bank regulators.

this is the bank  with ties to jeremy johnson that he allegedly used for some of his stuff. 

www.sunfirstbank.com/

www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/50959508-79/...ftc-credit.html.csp.

www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51636750-78/b...-indictment.html.csp

www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/52850409-79/...tal-johnson.html.csp

www.salttvnetwork.com/articles/20110416/...nline-gambling-probe

www.deseretnews.com/article/705393794/Su...assume-deposits.html
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:02:27 PM by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 05:02:54 PM »
Jeremy gets arrested again, this time for allegedly writing a bad check for $100,000

www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=18273149&am...100k-check-in-vegas

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 05:07:58 PM »
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:10:25 PM by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »

Offline Rapunzel