Author Topic: Robert Duvall Blasts 'The Butler': 'Atrocities in South Committed By Democrats'  (Read 1066 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/03/13/duvall-blasts-butler

by John Nolte 13 Mar 2014, 10:32 AM PDT

In an interview with the Daily Beast, living legend and Oscar-winner Robert Duvall blasted the Civil Rights film "The Butler" as "very inaccurate." The 83 year-old star added, "JFK had one of the worst Civil Rights voting records," and "All the atrocities in the South were committed by the Democratic Party."

Duvall, a well-known Republican, also spoke about his growing dissatisfaction with the Republican Party, which he called "a mess."  Duvall describes himself as pro-choice when it comes to abortion and says he's ready to vote Independent in 2016.

Let me say it this way: my wife’s from Argentina, she’s been here for a while, and she’s very smart. She calls herself a “tree-hugging Republican,” but she might even vote Democrat next time because the Republican Party is a mess. I’ll probably vote Independent next time. I think it was Jack Kerouac who said something like, “Don’t run down my country. My people are immigrants, so I believe in this country with all its faults. To me, it’s a big country that’s made mistakes.” Some of the bleeding-heart left-wing, extreme left-wing, are actually different from liberals. That movie The Butler? It’s very inaccurate. JFK had one of the worst Civil Rights voting records. And the Rockefeller’s were much more liberal with the blacks. All the atrocities in the South were committed by the Democratic Party, but now, everything’s been turned around in a strange way. Some of these very conservative Republicans… I don’t know, man. I believe in a woman’s choice. I believe in certain things. I hear they booed Rick Perry last night on the Jimmy Kimmel show. But it’s a great country. We’ve done bad things. Slavery was terrible. One-third of all Freedmen in New Orleans fought for the South. I can’t figure that out. Those things aren’t told in the history books. There’ve been lots of contradictions and this and that. But I think the country’s okay, and hopefully it will survive.

The full interview is very good and well worth your time.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/13/robert-duvall-discusses-his-storied-career-a-night-in-old-mexico-and-why-he-s-ditching-the-gop.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
The KKK was founded as the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The KKK was founded as the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party.

Got to give the Democrats credit. They have both the KKK and the Black Panthers. They are very much equal opportunity haters.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Got to give the Democrats credit. They have both the KKK and the Black Panthers. They are very much equal opportunity haters.

Couple that with the Libtards embrace of Margaret Sanger and her campaign to exterminate blacks and other minorities through Abortion and you just have to scratch your head about these vile and evil reprobates.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
If the GOP had half a brain some of this video could be used as a campaign ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UObEdF_uhaw
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
If the GOP had half a brain some of this video could be used as a campaign ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UObEdF_uhaw

With people like Reince Prebus heading up the GOP, that's a moot point.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

You know how we always say the Democrats are the culture of victims? We were wrong. The GOP is the culture of victims.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

:amen: :amen:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776