Author Topic: Worried Obama begs donors, 'Do you still have my back?' BY PAUL BEDARD  (Read 1087 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/worried-obama-begs-donors-do-you-still-have-my-back/article/2545593

Worried Obama begs donors, 'Do you still have my back?'
BY PAUL BEDARD | MARCH 13, 2014 AT 11:28 AM

Once carried like a conquering hero, President Obama is now pleading with donors for help to push his agenda, having to convince them that his record is something that should wow them.

"Do you still have my back?" Obama asks in a new letter to donors and contributors. "You should be proud of what we have been able to accomplish together," he argues. "Can I count on you?"

The president's note is to those who supported him in the past. "I would not be here today without you. You have been an essential partner in everything we have accomplished."

The fundraising letter for the Democratic National Committee even offers potential members a gift, a half-sized bumper sticker that reads, "I've STILL got his back."

Obama laid out his five-part second term agenda in the letter, and it includes gun control along with immigration reform, jobs, climate change and fighting voter identification laws that Democrats say block minorities from the polls. "Gun violence still plagues our schools and communities," he wrote.

The goal is to help the DNC, an effective weapon in the president's arsenal, to help him push his agenda. "I am depending on the DNC to provide a major part of the support I need to overcome Republican opposition in Congress. The DNC is helping to turn up the pressure and make sure we have leaders that act in the best interest for our nation," added the president.

At the end, he echoes his plea for help: "Do you still have my back? I hope I can continue to count on you."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Do you still have my back? I hope I can continue to count on you."

Everything's a street fight to this thug.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Give up your wedding gifts and send him money. Go without TV,cell and cable to buy my insurance.

He is a tPOS.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:31:33 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Everything's a street fight to this thug.

The funny thing is that in a real street fight, he would get his ass kicked in a New York minute.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

At the end, he echoes his plea for help: "Do you still have my back? I hope I can continue to count on you."

Ok, now he does - or his minions know - that the democrats are in trouble.  This is a plea, a distress signal, a play on the heartstrings of sympathy, and not a demand or a confident statement of continued confraternity.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Yeah, they are worried alright.

Read this sickening article from Donna Democratic campaign Brazil from CNN

Opinion: 3 lessons Democrats must learn after Florida loss - CNN.com
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/14/opinion/brazile-dems-lessons-florida/index.html

Why are they telling themselves it's not about Obamacare? They are so out of touch in their progressive fantasy land.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline musiclady

He's not running for office any more, but it's still all about HIM.

Has he ever had a single thought in his head about anyone but himself?

(Rhetorical question........)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

The funny thing is that in a real street fight, he would get his ass kicked in a New York minute.
Spineless wimp.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Olivia

Aw...can't you just picture it?    :silly:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline mountaineer

If only.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Carling

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Sure bleep, just like you had his back...