Author Topic: David Jolly Won Despite DC GOP Betrayal  (Read 5632 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
David Jolly Won Despite DC GOP Betrayal
« on: March 13, 2014, 08:38:22 pm »
http://riehlworldview.com/2014/03/david-jolly-won-despite-dc-gop-betrayal.html

David Jolly Won Despite DC GOP Betrayal
Socialize RWV:

By DAN
March 13, 2014
Mitch McConnell, the NRSC and below the NRCC would like you to believe it’s those “wacko” conservatives that are bad for the party and divide it. As this Politico item points out, just the opposite is often the case.

Furthermore, the people in the states … you know, where the elections are actually held, don’t think any more of the DC conventional wisdom, than do many conservatives. Remember this item the next time you here calls for party unity. The DC GOP in the form of the NRCC did everything it could to stab David Jolly in the back just before the election … and he won anyway. That raises the questions, how many other more conservative candidates the DC establishment deems unsuitable, then undermines, could win if they didn’t betray them so routinely?

So much for party unity from the current GOP establishment. Crush this, Mitch!!

First it happened to Mark Sanford.Running in a high-profile special congressional election, the former South Carolina governor was blindsided by news that the National Republican Congressional Committee had decided to abandon his candidacy just days before voters cast their ballots.

Last week, it was Florida GOP candidate David Jolly’s turn. National GOP operatives provided to POLITICO a detailed account of how the former lobbyist was waging a chaotic, chronically undisciplined campaign for a St. Petersburg-area congressional seat.

Some of Sanford’s friends believe the NRCC’s decision to stop spending money in the race actually helped him win. Distance from the Washington establishment is more of a help than a hindrance with many GOP voters, they reason.

“It really energized Republicans in South Carolina,” English said. “From my perspective, when the national party got out, it created a dynamic where GOP activists from around the state converged on the 1st District to campaign for Sanford.”

This is not how a party of the people acts. These are the actions of a DC-based party that’s out of touch with the very people it would presume to want to represent.

The clashes are striking because national Republicans rarely openly criticize their own candidates, especially so soon before consequential elections. But national Republicans increasingly feel the need to adopt a get-tough approach. Nearly six years removed from the presidency and often under assault from outside-the-Beltway conservatives, establishment GOP figures are searching out new ways to exert influence over unruly candidates. Cross them, and there’s a good chance the candidate won’t like what results.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: David Jolly Won Despite DC GOP Betrayal
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 08:57:35 pm »
You have to know that Jolly's win had to pucker a few of the GOP Establishment assholes.

That's a good thang!  :beer:
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 09:17:27 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSD7qmbGus0

Dr. Levin is truly a man after my own heart. He also has a Warrior Spirit. Love the guy!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 09:42:44 pm »
Certainly not the establishment's best moment...

Bigun posted this link in a thread yesterday, it probably should have a thread of its own, but I don't have the time to Search right now.

In any event, if you missed this yesterday, it is worth a listen to...  Brew a cup of coffee, or pour yourself a drink, and just take a listen to some sunlight being poured onto a situation:

MUST LISTEN: Mark Levin tells the story behind the story on David Jolly’s Florida race

And, here's the Politico story from Friday that is being referenced: National GOP turns on Florida candidate
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:46:00 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 09:55:07 pm »
I was out running errands and heard Levin yesterday. Well worth listening to the real story - though there will be those who dismiss it out of hand because it's Levin... one of those dastardly conservtives.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 09:56:06 pm »
Dr. Levin is truly a man after my own heart. He also has a Warrior Spirit. Love the guy!

Mark Levin is not a "Doctor" nor does he have a doctorate.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 09:57:48 pm »
Thanks for posting the links to Levin's comments on the Jolly/Political March 7th article.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Howie66

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 10:09:22 pm »
Mark Levin is not a "Doctor" nor does he have a doctorate.

Perhaps you should support your claim.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 10:31:34 pm »
Perhaps you should support your claim.

You support yours that he does possess a doctorate.  Just google "Dr. Mark Levin."  There are Mark Levins who are doctors, but not one of them is a talk show host.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 10:41:02 pm »
He has a Juris Doctor.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 10:41:14 pm »
You support yours that he does possess a doctorate.  Just google "Dr. Mark Levin."  There are Mark Levins who are doctors, but not one of them is a talk show host.

You just cannot resist, can you?

In 1980, Levin earned a Juris Doctor from Temple University Beasley School of Law.

That is what the "JD" after his name means.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:42:37 pm by Howie66 »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 10:44:29 pm »

"In 1980, Levin earned a juris doctor from Temple University Beasley School of Law."
(Source: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=17298 - "Mark Levin takes talk radio by storm" by Terrence Jeffrey and Allan Ryskind, writing for Human Events, October 2, 2006)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Levin

And if anyone has any doubt, I also note two quotes from Wikipedia's page on the juris doctor title:
"Invariably an earned doctorate, the J.D./D.Jur. is equivalent in academic rank to the Doctor of Laws or Legum Doctor (LLD or LL.D.)."
"The American Bar Association has issued a Council Statement advising law schools that the J.D. should be considered as being equivalent to the Ph.D. for educational employment purposes."

It's not typical to use the title "Dr." for a juris doctor (the suffix Esq. is more common) but it's not technically incorrect, either. Any person with a law degree is technically a Doctor.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 10:48:15 pm »
You just cannot resist, can you?

In 1980, Levin earned a Juris Doctor from Temple University Beasley School of Law.

That is what the "JD" after his name means.

Does he call himself "Doctor"?  Apparently not.  I had no idea he had a doctorate.  His demeanor certainly doesn't reflect doctoral behavior.  Screaming and yelling and hanging up on callers is more in the Michael Savage vein.

Of course, that's the way Savage behaves too, so there must be something about earning a doctorate that causes one to go off the rails.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 10:49:47 pm »
"In 1980, Levin earned a juris doctor from Temple University Beasley School of Law."
(Source: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=17298 - "Mark Levin takes talk radio by storm" by Terrence Jeffrey and Allan Ryskind, writing for Human Events, October 2, 2006)

And if anyone has any doubt, I also note two quotes from Wikipedia's page on the juris doctor title:
"Invariably an earned doctorate, the J.D./D.Jur. is equivalent in academic rank to the Doctor of Laws or Legum Doctor (LLD or LL.D.)."
"The American Bar Association has issued a Council Statement advising law schools that the J.D. should be considered as being equivalent to the Ph.D. for educational employment purposes."

It's not typical to use the title "Dr." for a juris doctor (the suffix Esq. is more common) but it's not technically incorrect, either. Any person with a law degree is technically a Doctor.

So any run-of-the-mill ambulance chaser is a "doctor"? 

In the legal profession, then, that degree apparently has no value.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 10:51:07 pm »

Thank you for posting this.

I was hoping to see if sinkspur would actually do his due diligence before embarrassing himself further. I guess that I set my expectations a tad too high, though.

:beer:

Offline Relic

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 10:51:26 pm »
So any run-of-the-mill ambulance chaser is a "doctor"? 

In the legal profession, then, that degree apparently has no value.

Is this what is commonly referred to as a thread hi jack?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 10:54:28 pm »
Is this what is commonly referred to as a thread hi jack?

Bashing lawyers is never considered hijacking a thread.   Referring to everyone of them as a "doctor" is ludicrous in the extreme.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 10:56:41 pm »
Thank you for posting this.

I was hoping to see if sinkspur would actually do his due diligence before embarrassing himself further. I guess that I set my expectations a tad too high, though.

:beer:

I knew he was lawyer, but had no idea that the guy on the highway billboard who fixes traffic tickets had the same degree as The Great One.

This is akin to every other black minister calling himself a "doctor."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:57:39 pm by sinkspur »

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 11:00:21 pm »
There are a fair number of callers that will address him as Dr. Levin, not as many as there used to be, but I still hear one or two each week.  I assume that those that do address him in this manner, do so out of respect.  He never makes any bones about it either way.

He is a "colorful" character in some ways and most people either love him, or hate him.  (I'm in the "love him" category.)  Many of his callers will also address him as "The Great One" (hence the TGO references) as a slightly humorous sign of respect as well.  (I'm not sure of the origin of the "The Great One" address, it may have originated from the mouth of Sean Hannity, and has stuck for many years.

Rush used to call him "FLEE" as in F. Lee Levin as a sign of humorous respect and collegiality.

Love him, or hate him, you have to acknowledge his dedication to conservative causes, his track record of walking the walk (see the many cases of his Landmark Legal Foundation), his prodigious knowledge of COTUS & SCOTUS and the philosophies that the Founders used as guidance and direction, and his willingness to speak the unvarnished truth about both sides of the political establishment, both the Rs and the Ds.

Offline Relic

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 11:02:31 pm »
Bashing lawyers is never considered hijacking a thread.   Referring to everyone of them as a "doctor" is ludicrous in the extreme.

Regardless of whether Mr. Levin has what you consider a legitimate "Dr." title or if he's simply well educated on our legal system, how does it impact what he said?

I think that's what the OP had in mind. The substance of Levin's comments.

Offline Relic

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 11:06:00 pm »
There are a fair number of callers that will address him as Dr. Levin, not as many as there used to be, but I still hear one or two each week.  I assume that those that do address him in this manner, do so out of respect.  He never makes any bones about it either way.

He is a "colorful" character in some ways and most people either love him, or hate him.  (I'm in the "love him" category.)  Many of his callers will also address him as "The Great One" (hence the TGO references) as a slightly humorous sign of respect as well.  (I'm not sure of the origin of the "The Great One" address, it may have originated from the mouth of Sean Hannity, and has stuck for many years.

Rush used to call him "FLEE" as in F. Lee Levin as a sign of humorous respect and collegiality.

Love him, or hate him, you have to acknowledge his dedication to conservative causes, his track record of walking the walk (see the many cases of his Landmark Legal Foundation), his prodigious knowledge of COTUS & SCOTUS and the philosophies that the Founders used as guidance and direction, and his willingness to speak the unvarnished truth about both sides of the political establishment, both the Rs and the Ds.

I like him, I respect his knowledge, and his thoughts. I don't care for his program. He's too aggressive, arrogant, and dismissive for my tastes, but I don't begrudge those who like him.

Sinkspur's criticism comes across as petty, making him appear to be jealous, or just a small personality.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:06:35 pm by Relic »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 11:06:12 pm »
Regardless of whether Mr. Levin has what you consider a legitimate "Dr." title or if he's simply well educated on our legal system, how does it impact what he said?

I think that's what the OP had in mind. The substance of Levin's comments.

I have no idea what he said.  If he's not pimping a book, he's trashing other Republicans.  I haven't listened to his show or read anything he's written in two years.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 11:07:56 pm »
I like him, I respect his knowledge, and his thoughts. I don't care for his program. He's too aggressive, arrogant, and dismissive for my tastes, but I don't begrudge those who like him.

Sinkspur's criticism comes across as petty, making him appear to be jealous, or just a small personality.

That sounds like a criticism Mark Levin would make to a caller who doesn't kiss Levin's backside somewhere in the call.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 11:09:14 pm »
I have no idea what he said.  If he's not pimping a book, he's trashing other Republicans.  I haven't listened to his show or read anything he's written in two years.
:bigsilly: