Author Topic: David Jolly Won Despite DC GOP Betrayal  (Read 5676 times)

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Re: David Jolly Won Despite DC GOP Betrayal
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2014, 07:16:47 pm »
btw, as far as Levin goes, reading and listening to him are two completely different worlds.  I love his books and hate his radio show.  Feels like two completely different people to me.

Ann Coulter has that effect on many folks too.  They can't stand to listen to her, but have a hard time disagreeing with her well-researched and footnoted written pieces.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2014, 07:19:33 pm »
Ann Coulter has that effect on many folks too.  They can't stand to listen to her, but have a hard time disagreeing with her well-researched and footnoted written pieces.

Guilty. Her spoken pieces drive me into a rage. Her writing is well thought out and makes sense.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2014, 07:35:12 pm »

btw, as far as Levin goes, reading and listening to him are two completely different worlds.  I love his books and hate his radio show.  Feels like two completely different people to me.

Me too, for the most part, and I hope he makes millions off those books and dittos for Rush and Beck!   

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2014, 09:05:47 pm »
Actually, I hope Rush spends even MORE time doing it.  If there's anything the up and coming generation needs, its a break from the constant bombardment of the cultural sewage they are subjected to.  Even as an old member of Rush's "stick to the issues crowd" who used to be driven nuts with his incessant golf and airplane crap, I see time spent on promoting these childrens' books of his as a GOOD thing.   

Dittos for Glenn Beck (if I may resurrect his name here once again without getting scolded for it).  He too is promoting - bringing future positive, wholesome projects forth on the screen.   Beck and Limbaugh both understand that the mess this country is in is more than just about politics.  Starting with targeting kids is a great first step.

I'm sure he could care less, but I listen to Rush less and less just because HE is all about promoting himself.  Beck's the same. 

About the only talk show I consistently tune into is Michael Medved, who's the smartest and most rational man in radio (except for his weird believe in BigFoot). 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2014, 04:03:11 pm »
I'm sure he could care less, but I listen to Rush less and less just because HE is all about promoting himself.  Beck's the same. 

About the only talk show I consistently tune into is Michael Medved, who's the smartest and most rational man in radio (except for his weird believe in BigFoot).

Medved is ok, but is slightly right of center. The smartest radio personality is Dennis Prager.