Author Topic: David Jolly Won Despite DC GOP Betrayal  (Read 5673 times)

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: David Jolly Won Despite DC GOP Betrayal
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2014, 12:02:41 am »
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2014, 12:04:49 am »
So a newly-minted lawyer wins his first big case.  With his cut of the settlement he goes out and buys a rolex watch.  One Saturday he goes for a drive and just can't help admiring his Rolex.  In fact, he admires it so much he runs off the road and sideswipes a concrete barrier, tearing off his left hand, and with it his Rolex.  When he regains consciousness in the ambulance he looks down at his left arm.  Realizing what happened he starts weeping "oh my Rolex, my beautiful, beautiful Rolex!"

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2014, 12:08:46 am »
Q: What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?

A: There are skid marks in front of the dog.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 12:10:00 am »
Q: What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?

A: There are skid marks in front of the dog.

:bigsilly:

What's the difference between a prostitute and a lawyer?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2014, 12:22:36 am »
I have no idea what he said.  If he's not pimping a book, he's trashing other Republicans.  I haven't listened to his show or read anything he's written in two years.

Yet you feel you are able to critique him and Glenn Beck - someone else you never listen to.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2014, 12:29:47 am »
Yet you feel you are able to critique him and Glenn Beck - someone else you never listen to.

Come on, Rap....that's like bringing up something that happened 'yesterday'.  The thread's gone past that.     :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2014, 12:41:24 am »
Dr. Hillary Clinton

Dr. Ted Cruz

It's ridiculous to call an attorney a "doctor."

Would you prefer "Esquire"?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 12:45:13 am »
What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

What do you have when you find a bunch of lawyers neck deep in wet cement?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2014, 12:45:22 am »

Has Levin changed his practice of slamming the phone down on callers?  Rush Limbaugh (the consummate talk show host) doesn't do that, even though HIS show is turning into a perpetual book tour as well, and he squeezes a mention of his tea company in when he's not talking about one of his Rush Revere books.

Anybody ever wonder how those kids manage to get through, miraculously, when a dial tone is what 99% of Rush callers get, for years and years?  Is Rush seeding his show with phony callers?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2014, 12:52:34 am »
What do you have when you find a bunch of lawyers neck deep in wet cement?

not enough cement

Oceander

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2014, 12:53:03 am »
Would you prefer "Esquire"?

neither.  both are fatuous terms when applied to, or used by, lawyers.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2014, 12:54:20 am »
not enough cement

Ceegar for you too!  :beer:

At least you are a good sport about it! Some I know are not at all!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2014, 12:55:20 am »
Ceegar for you too!  :beer:

At least you are a good sport about it! Some I know are not at all!

I look at it this way:  as long as the bills are paid, I'm happy as a clam to laugh all the way to the bank.

Oceander

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2014, 12:55:44 am »

Anyone have an answer, or a guess?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2014, 12:57:07 am »
neither.  both are fatuous terms when applied to, or used by, lawyers.

I agree! But all of them have the letters J. D, on their business card!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2014, 01:00:41 am »
I agree! But all of them have the letters J. D, on their business card!

not me, my friend, not me.

Oceander

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2014, 01:22:38 am »

Ok.  I guess I get the ceegar on this one.  The difference is that a prostitute stops screwing her clients when they die.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2014, 01:53:03 am »

Ok.  I guess I get the ceegar on this one.  The difference is that a prostitute stops screwing her clients when they die.

Yer a sick little monkey, ain't ya?

:rolling:
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2014, 01:54:26 pm »
Has Levin changed his practice of slamming the phone down on callers?  Rush Limbaugh (the consummate talk show host) doesn't do that, even though HIS show is turning into a perpetual book tour as well, and he squeezes a mention of his tea company in when he's not talking about one of his Rush Revere books.

Anybody ever wonder how those kids manage to get through, miraculously, when a dial tone is what 99% of Rush callers get, for years and years?  Is Rush seeding his show with phony callers?

Actually, I hope Rush spends even MORE time doing it.  If there's anything the up and coming generation needs, its a break from the constant bombardment of the cultural sewage they are subjected to.  Even as an old member of Rush's "stick to the issues crowd" who used to be driven nuts with his incessant golf and airplane crap, I see time spent on promoting these childrens' books of his as a GOOD thing.   

Dittos for Glenn Beck (if I may resurrect his name here once again without getting scolded for it).  He too is promoting - bringing future positive, wholesome projects forth on the screen.   Beck and Limbaugh both understand that the mess this country is in is more than just about politics.  Starting with targeting kids is a great first step.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2014, 02:01:40 pm »

I was going to say that at least the prostitute gives you a kiss while you're getting screwed.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2014, 02:02:09 pm »

Wow. How did this spin out into Levin and Rush bashing? I thought you were a diehard GOP guy? So why the nastiness for Rush and Levin?  :shrug:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2014, 02:04:13 pm »
Actually, I hope Rush spends even MORE time doing it.  If there's anything the up and coming generation needs, its a break from the constant bombardment of the cultural sewage they are subjected to.  Even as an old member of Rush's "stick to the issues crowd" who used to be driven nuts with his incessant golf and airplane crap, I see time spent on promoting these childrens' books of his as a GOOD thing.   

Dittos for Glenn Beck (if I may resurrect his name here once again without getting scolded for it).  He too is promoting - bringing future positive, wholesome projects forth on the screen.   Beck and Limbaugh both understand that the mess this country is in is more than just about politics.  Starting with targeting kids is a great first step.

Was listening yesterday in the car.....and sure enough, a little girl asked him if he could make the books into a cartoon-like feature film.

Now who didn't know this was in his plans?    I think it's a great idea what he's doing.

He has a wonderful niche he's found....screw Harry Potter.    Rush will show them how it's done.   :beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2014, 06:10:37 pm »

Completely agree.  These kids are excited about learning the TRUTH, and they are delightful as they articulate their enthusiasm.

I'm one of the "stick to the issues crowd" as well, but this is a whole different ball game.  When he gets techie, or talks golf or even NFL stuff (I love football), I don't like it at all.

But when one of these kids comes on SO excited about America, I see a glimmer of hope for us that I haven't seen in 5 years.

btw, as far as Levin goes, reading and listening to him are two completely different worlds.  I love his books and hate his radio show.  Feels like two completely different people to me.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2014, 06:12:32 pm »
Wow. How did this spin out into Levin and Rush bashing? I thought you were a diehard GOP guy? So why the nastiness for Rush and Levin?  :shrug:

Contrarian internet role playing.

Nothing more.

(Sometimes I wish he'd try to be part of the conversation instead of trying to waylay it.  I'd like to hear ideas and not have to endure incessant thread hi-jacking).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2014, 06:49:06 pm »

Agree, Lipstick.  I love hearing the children that call in to his show, they are so articulate and you can tell they have parents that actively participate in their children's learning. I hope Rush will use his resources to have a cartoon or movie made from these stories, that would be awesome.  The same with Glenn Beck, in fact, I think I heard him say that his network is going to be working on some movie projects.  This is good work and the way we counter the garbage overload coming at our youth from the left.

Back to the thread, I don't listen to Levin on the radio, him and Hannity irritate me a bit - but they both do good work - and Mark Levin is an extremely intelligent guy!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!