Author Topic: Lindsey Graham offers to ‘help’ Kerry deal with Boehner on Ukraine  (Read 580 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/foreign-aid/200724-lindsey-graham-offers-to-help-kerry-deal-with-boehner-on

March 13, 2014, 01:57 pm
Lindsey Graham offers to ‘help’ Kerry deal with Boehner on Ukraine

By Mario Trujillo

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) was caught Thursday on a live microphone offering to help the Obama administration pressure Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) into supporting the Senate’s aid legislation for Ukraine. 

According to multiple reports, Graham, who is facing a tough reelection race this year, was caught on a live microphone after a hearing telling Secretary of State John Kerry, “Let me know what I can do to help you with Boehner.”

HOT MIC ALERT: After @JohnKerry's hearing, @GrahamBlog says: “Hey John, good job. Let me know what I can do to help you with Boehner."
    — Jeff Zeleny (@jeffzeleny) March 13, 2014

Graham caught on hot mic telling Kerry at Senate hearing: "Good job. Let me know what I can do to help you with Boehner"
    — Jim Acosta (@JimAcostaCNN) March 13, 2014

Boehner and other conservatives are rejecting efforts to tie International Monetary Fund (IMF) reforms to legislation offering Ukraine $1 billion in loan guarantees. The IMF provisions were included in the Senate proposal on Ukraine that advanced Wednesday out of committee.

At the Senate Appropriations Committee hearing Thursday, Graham said he would join a group of four other Republicans in voting for the Senate's Ukraine bill on the floor. He criticized other Republicans for getting in the way of a deal.

“The Congress needs to do some self-evaluation," he said.

The House has passed its own loan guarantee package that does not include the IMF language. Boehner on Thursday urged the Senate to pass the House's proposal before the both chambers recess at the end of the week, which seems unlikely. 

“The House has acted on a loan guarantee package with strong bipartisan support. The Senate should pass this bill and send it to the president’s desk before leaving for the district work period,” Boehner told reporters.

“The IMF money has nothing to do with Ukraine. I understand the administration wants the IMF money, but it has nothing at all to do with Ukraine. So let’s just all understand what the facts are,” Boehner said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Linda Graham needs to be sent packing. No question about it.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Rapunzel

I hope this gets to his opponent in the primary.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!

You and me, both.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Don't bet on it. Lindsey has more money than anyone it seems. His ads are running all day and night here, and there are no opposing ones.  By the time the others start their campaign, the whole state will be solidly brainwashed that Lindsey is the best thing since Reagan and sliced bread!!!

Remember the majority of the country couldn't care less about keeping up with politics  8888crybaby 8888crybaby **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02