Author Topic: Pelosi: O-Care won’t hurt Dems  (Read 959 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: O-Care won’t hurt Dems
« on: March 13, 2014, 05:24:14 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/200708-pelosi-obamacare-wont-hurt-dems

March 13, 2014, 12:52 pm
Pelosi: O-Care won’t hurt Dems

By Mike Lillis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ziqLb9R8Y

Republicans are “wasting their time” using ObamaCare as an electoral issue, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday.

Days after the healthcare law was seen as a decisive issue in her party’s special election loss in Florida, Pelosi insisted GOP attacks would backfire and that Democrats would embrace ObamaCare on the campaign trail.

She said Democrat Alex Sink’s loss to Republican David Jolly in Florida on Tuesday was an anomaly and blamed low turnout for her party’s loss of what was seen as a winnable race.

“The fact that it is an off-year election – in other words, a non-presidential year – and a special election is like a double-whammy in terms of reducing turnout,” she said at her press briefing.

“We feel confident about the fuller participation in November, and what that will mean for that election.”

GOP leaders have been energized by their victory on Tuesday, as Sink's defense of the Affordable Care Act was a central issue of the campaign.

“If you’re a Democrat in one of those crossover seats, I’d be panicked this morning, because their playbook they’ve given [Democrats] is to run on ObamaCare,” Rep. Greg Walden (Ore.), head of the National Republican Congressional Committee said Wednesday. “Go support the president and go support ObamaCare, and they tried that out and it failed.”

But Pelosi insisted Republicans are misreading the results in Florida.

“I think the Republicans are wasting their time using that as their electoral issue, and they will find that out,” she said.

Pressed by a reporter whether Democrats should shy away from the issue on the campaign trail, Pelosi didn't hesitate.

“No, absolutely not,” she said.

Pelosi has long-argued that the healthcare law will become increasingly popular as more people recognize the benefits.

On Thursday, she said Democrats will embrace the law ahead of the elections.

"I'm very proud of our House Democrats and how they've, not only embraced the Affordable Care Act … but how proud they are of it," she said.

Of Sink's campaign message, Pelosi said she got it "just right."

"There are many good things about the Affordable Care Act that are good for the health and well-being of the American people. There're some things that need to be fixed, let's do that. And that is the message of our members," Pelosi said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Pelosi: O-Care won’t hurt Dems
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 01:36:52 am »
/snicker

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 01:48:26 am »
It's a crying shame that possessing stable mental facilities in not a per-requiset for serving in Public Office.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 04:19:49 am »
It's a crying shame that possessing stable mental facilities in not a per-requiset for serving in Public Office.

Why should it be? The member merely reflects their constituency, and even morons deserve representation.  :whistle:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 05:16:58 am »
That is as close to a prayer as you'll get from a rat from hippyville.  What else can Pelosi say or do?  Nov is going to be a rat bloodbath and the biggest thanks goes to Obamacare

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 05:47:41 am »
"They're not even [within] 100 miles [of the Congress]. They are not in any
place. They hold no place in the Senate. This is an illusion ... they are
trying to sell to the others an illusion."
"We're giving them a real lesson today. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted."
"We defeated them yesterday. God willing, I will provide you with more information. I swear by God, I swear by God, those who are staying in Washington and London have thrown these mercenaries in a crematorium."
Bagdad-Pelosi

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 08:57:16 am »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 01:32:43 pm »
Republicans are “wasting their time” using ObamaCare as an electoral issue, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday

Delusional.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 01:40:19 pm »
Wasserman-Schultz learned well at her knee.