Author Topic: Trey Gowdy's EPIC Floor Speech Sends Shockwaves Through Nation  (Read 3145 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/03/13/trey-gowdys-epic-floor-speech-sends-shockwaves-through-nation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw0AsBanu-o

The vote was 233-181 in the Republican-led House as GOP lawmakers excoriated Obama for multiple changes to his 4-year-old health care law, steps he’s taken to allow young immigrants to remain in the United States and the administration’s resistance to defend the federal law banning gay marriage.

Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., sponsor of the ENFORCE the Law Act, delivered a fiery speech and read a series of statements by Obama when he was an Illinois senator in which he warned of the encroachment of the executive on the powers of the other branches of government.

“How does going from being a senator to a president rewrite the Constitution?” Gowdy asked. “What’s different from when he was a senator? Mr. Speaker, I don’t think there’s an amendment to the Constitution that I’ve missed. I try to keep up with those with regularity.”

Gowdy went on to argue that “process matters” in law enforcement, noting that evidence gathered with a legitimate search warrant is thrown out if an officer so much as accidentally checks the wrong box on the application.

“Even though he was well-intended, even though he had good motivations, even though he got the evidence — because process matters,” he added.

“We all swore an allegiance to the same document that the president swears allegiance to, to faithfully execute the law,” Gowdy continued. “If a president does not faithfully execute the law… what are our remedies?”

He then argued that Congress should do exactly what then-Sen. Obama suggested before he was president of the United States: “To go to the Supreme Court and have the Supreme Court say once and for all: ‘We don’t pass suggestions in this body. … We don’t pass ideas — we pass laws. And we expect them to be faithfully executed.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trey Gowdy's EPIC Floor Speech Sends Shockwaves Through Nation
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:07:41 pm »
Boiled it down rather nicely but hey should not be looking to another branch of government  to fix it what  they themselves have the power to do!

IMHO they should just cut the funding of the Executive branch until that branch get's the message!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:08:52 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 03:10:47 pm »
Boiled it down rather nicely but hey should not be looking to another branch of government  to fix it when they themselves have the power to do it!

IMHO they should just cut the funding of the Executive branch until that branch get's the message!

that's precisely what they should - cut funding - that was exactly why the Founders gave Congress the power of the purse.  that being said, they'd better set the optics up with the general public first, otherwise they'll just get lambasted for another petty shutdown of the gov't.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 03:20:24 pm »
Boiled it down rather nicely but hey should not be looking to another branch of government  to fix it what  they themselves have the power to do!

Bingo!  By the way, Gowdy needs a new barber.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 03:31:22 pm »

that's precisely what they should - cut funding - that was exactly why the Founders gave Congress the power of the purse.  that being said, they'd better set the optics up with the general public first, otherwise they'll just get lambasted for another petty shutdown of the gov't.

It's that "setting up the optics" that has proven to be so difficult for them and really, it should be priority one.  When Ted Cruz gets the blame for shutting the government down and not Obama, where the real blame lies - "Houston, we've got a problem"!

I realize that the progressives control the media, a genius stroke on their part, but until we can present our own alternative media that can get the word out - conservatives will continue to be demonized for demanding accountability - and Republican leaders will continue to be terrified of being smeared by the media.  Cowards.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 03:45:08 pm »

Obama:  "My fellow Americans.....look what happens when the wrong people get elected to office.  They have figured out that by denying me the money to conduct the executive branch...that they could hurt us.   But they didn't hurt me.  THEY HURT YOU!  THEY DON'T CARE!    The Republicans are bastards.  Vote Democrat this November and send a message to these unpatriotic members across the aisle.....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 04:18:29 pm »
Obama:  "My fellow Americans.....look what happens when the wrong people get elected to office.  They have figured out that by denying me the money to conduct the executive branch...that they could hurt us.   But they didn't hurt me.  THEY HURT YOU!  THEY DON'T CARE!    The Republicans are bastards.  Vote Democrat this November and send a message to these unpatriotic members across the aisle.....

Republican Congress  In accordance with the Republican form of government laid out in our Constitution you have elected us to represent you in Congress. That same Constitution requires that we, each one individually, swear an oath to to uphold the Constitution! That same Constitution requires that the President, as a part of his inauguration, to swear allegiance to that same same Constitution and to ensure that the laws, ALL of them not just the ones he likes, are faithfully executed.  It is abundantly clear to us that the President has and is NOT honoring that oath and thus, if we are to honor ours,  we must use the tools that the Constitution grants us to rectify the problem. Therefore until  such time as the President decides to honor his oath and "ensure that the laws are faithfully executed"  we cannot in good conscience continue to fund that branch of government which we find to be outside the boundaries of government laid out in our Constitution! 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 04:20:03 pm »
It's that "setting up the optics" that has proven to be so difficult for them and really, it should be priority one.  When Ted Cruz gets the blame for shutting the government down and not Obama, where the real blame lies - "Houston, we've got a problem"!

I realize that the progressives control the media, a genius stroke on their part, but until we can present our own alternative media that can get the word out - conservatives will continue to be demonized for demanding accountability - and Republican leaders will continue to be terrified of being smeared by the media.  Cowards.

It takes a lot more than that.  The necessary groundwork is extensive and should have been started years ago.  In fact, unless that groundwork starts getting laid now, it won't be available to help the eventual republican nominee in 2016.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 04:34:43 pm »

The House of Representatives has a moral obligation to immediately open Hearings on the Articles of Impeachment.

We also know that a small minority of the House have the integrity, decency and courage to live up to the Oath of Office that they swore to.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »
The House of Representatives has a moral obligation to immediately open Hearings on the Articles of Impeachment.

We also know that a small minority of the House have the integrity, decency and courage to live up to the Oath of Office that they swore to.

That is one of the best ways to ensure the democrats keep the Senate and take back the House.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 04:40:09 pm »
That is one of the best ways to ensure the democrats keep the Senate and take back the House.

According to you!

There are plenty of us out here who vehemently disagree!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 05:16:48 pm »

I  suggest you youtube Jonathon Turley. This is above and beyond politics or fear of the democrats and media. If the republicans get majority in 2014 and cower and bend over to Obama then you're correct they will lose majority. Polls today showed voting was a mandate on Obamacare and Obamas bully tactics and lies.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 05:34:27 pm »
What would be the grounds for impeachment? Has any well known source bothered to distill it into an easily understood, short sweet list?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Howie66

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 05:35:29 pm »

I totally disagree with you on this.

IF the Congress would for once take a stand against Obama and tell him that he has taken things too damned far and hold him to account, the American People would strongly support them.

I don't care a whit what the Media and Establishment GOP tells us, people across this country are sick and tired of Obama, his Regime and what is happening to our country.

There is a very good reason why the approval numbers for Congress is in the crapper and it's NOT because they have bad haircuts. It is precisely because they have been cowards and derelict in their duties to uphold and defend the Constitution. The American People do not like losers, cowards and wimps and never have.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 05:37:48 pm »
What would be the grounds for impeachment? Has any well known source bothered to distill it into an easily understood, short sweet list?

Have you ever taken the time to read our Constitution? The reasons for Impeachment and Removal from office are enumerated right there in plain English.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 05:57:26 pm »

No, they are not at that stage.

Sep 12 2012
SUBJECT: THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION'S ABUSE OF POWER
2141 Rayburn House Office Building
Full Committee
By Direction of the Chairman
Hearing Documentation

http://judiciary.house.gov/index.cfm/hearings?ID=379FF0F3-F7DF-1CD3-FF71-49F55176275E

Feb 12 2014
JUDICIARY COMMITTEE PUSHING BACK AGAINST PRESIDENT'S OVERSTEPPING OF CONSTITUTIONAL BOUNDS

http://judiciary.house.gov/index.cfm/videos?ContentRecord_id=E9160ECA-D6C2-445B-A2CD-43AAFD73E107

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F31L8OKL3Ko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjDMO1Np6ik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G84VwjoFPlU&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:58:28 pm by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 06:02:54 pm »

The Sept. 12, 2012 hearing is in PDF format*

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION'S ABUSE OF POWER

http://judiciary.house.gov/_files/hearings/printers/112th/112-145_75846.PDF
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:06:42 pm by Gazoo »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 06:12:31 pm »

Eggsactly!  :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 06:20:36 pm »
Eggsactly!  :patriot:

So because he is half-black with the media in his pocket he skates? In case you haven't noticed he got his almighty pen and phone out after all these hearings and scandals. Do you really want him unchecked?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 06:30:44 pm »
So because he is half-black with the media in his pocket he skates? In case you haven't noticed he got his almighty pen and phone out after all these hearings and scandals. Do you really want him unchecked?

On another thread I explained that the last thing the GOP needs to do when then win the House AND Senate this November, is to bring Impeachment proceedings against Obama.

They need to, instead, focus on castrating the SOB politically, and essentially render his agenda impotent...at the same time demonstrably show how making him a lame duck improves the economy and lives of countless Americans.

Because we all know that the moment business owners realize Obama is toothless, the boom begins again.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 06:36:48 pm »
Have you ever taken the time to read our Constitution? The reasons for Impeachment and Removal from office are enumerated right there in plain English.
Impeachment is a largely political act, and the GOP doesn't have the numbers. (I learned this from carefully following the proceedings first with Nixon, later for Clinton.)

Article II, Section 4.

2/3 vote of the Senate for conviction of "Treason, Bribery or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

So again, what are the grounds/charges against Obama, under the terms specified in the Constitution?

In case anybody is interested in reality, here is what has been "done" regarding Obama, thus far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_Barack_Obama

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 07:18:16 pm »
Impeachment is a largely political act, and the GOP doesn't have the numbers. (I learned this from carefully following the proceedings first with Nixon, later for Clinton.)

Article II, Section 4.

2/3 vote of the Senate for conviction of "Treason, Bribery or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

So again, what are the grounds/charges against Obama, under the terms specified in the Constitution?

In case anybody is interested in reality, here is what has been "done" regarding Obama, thus far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_Barack_Obama

We know this. You asked the question, why did you since you know all the answers? Thanks for informing us of reality. I see now you asked the question originally in a mock gesture.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:42 pm »

Liberal Democrat Constitutional Professor (Georgetown University) did a pretty good job of laying it out in his two testimonies before congress.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 08:41:35 pm »
We know this. You asked the question, why did you since you know all the answers? Thanks for informing us of reality. I see now you asked the question originally in a mock gesture.

Of course and always uses Wiki to educate us peons.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »
Of course and always uses Wiki to educate us peons.

If you can find a source at Wiki....why wouldn't you cite it?

It's a given that it's heavily edited if necessary to lean left...which ironically makes its use here even more apropos.