Author Topic: Coulter: 'Con Men, Shysters' Pretending to Be Tea Partiers  (Read 1987 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=559241

Newsmax
Coulter: 'Con Men, Shysters' Pretending to Be Tea Partiers
Thursday, March 13, 2014 06:18 AM

By: Greg Richter

Ann Coulter says she loves the tea party, but not people she believes are using the movement to line their own pockets.

"Con men and shysters are claiming to be tea partiers in order to raise money for themselves, in order to redecorate their offices, in order to put in craft beer bars," the conservative commentator said Wednesday on Fox News Channel's"Hannity." "And they are doing that by going after what they call 'establishment Republicans.'"

Coulter penned a column Wednesday defending Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell against attacks by "the anti-Mitch McConnell brigade" that she said "don't match up with the facts."

Coulter said that since the groups aren't going after Democrats, they aren't attacked by The New York Times or MSNBC.

"That's actually one way you can tell who's doing something useful on our side," she said. "You cannot pick up The New York Times or turn on MSNBC without them attacking the Koch brothers. Who do you think is hurting the left more in America – anything run by the Koch brothers, or Senate Conservatives Fund, Club for Growth, FreedomWorks?"

Coulter admitted her attacks on those groups won't earn her any kudos in conservative circles, but added, "People are claiming to be tea partiers while going after good Republicans."

People are angry at the state of the country but she focus that anger on Democrats, she said.

"That's why we need to replace Democrats with Republicans, and not just lash out at the people closest to us," she said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Coulter: 'Con Men, Shysters' Pretending to Be Tea Partiers
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 01:03:20 pm »
Personally, I think it's great that Ann Coulter has her eyes out for "Con Men, Shysters", etc..

It may stop one of the RATS' people from siphoning victories off of the coming GOP tsunami.

Problem is that at one time, Chris Chrstie was her favorite candidate...and we all know how that's going.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 01:15:59 pm »
Personally, I think it's great that Ann Coulter has her eyes out for "Con Men, Shysters", etc..

It may stop one of the RATS' people from siphoning victories off of the coming GOP tsunami.

Problem is that at one time, Chris Chrstie was her favorite candidate...and we all know how that's going.

Since she didn't name any of the 'shysters', which there are, a few, my perception is she is defending McConnell, and labeling his opponent as a con man and/or shyster. Her inferring that it is a big problem with the Tea Party is misleading.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 01:26:14 pm »
Good point, happy. I'm skeptical of anyone claiming to be a TP "leader," because the whole point of the movement is that it is grassroots and should be local, with just common everyday folk making decisions (as it is where I live) - not something with offices to be redecorated. Then again, maybe she should put some names to her allegations.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 01:28:49 pm »
You know, a lot of people in Kentucky - Mitch McConnell's state - are unhappy with him, unhappy enough that he has a challenger in the primary.  This is the American process, but to hear these GOP establishment cheerleaders - Matt Bevin and tea partiers that back him are doing a terrible thing!  Any group that raises money to challenge the establishment are crooks and liars.  As a person that self-identifies as a tea partier, I am very insulted by these people.  It's okay for Karl Rove and others to raise huge amounts of money......
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 01:30:10 pm »
She should put some names to her allegations; otherwise, she's no better than someone like Reid, casting baseless aspersions and hoping the sh*t will stick to everyone.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 01:32:23 pm »
She should put some names to her allegations; otherwise, she's no better than someone like Reid, casting baseless aspersions and hoping the sh*t will stick to everyone.

What's wrong with putting it out there that she will be watching who exactly is running under the Tea Party banner?

For an organization that is more abstract than material...I don't see the problem here.

it could keep witches and bible thumpers at bay.  [/s]
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »

:amen:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 01:33:57 pm »
If one goes to anncoulter.com and actually reads her arguments you'll see she presents some very compelling facts supporting McConnell.

Now I've been as vocal as the next person here wishing McConnell gone. But, it's amazing how arguments made by hot blonde chick can swing me.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 01:34:25 pm »
You know, a lot of people in Kentucky - Mitch McConnell's state - are unhappy with him, unhappy enough that he has a challenger in the primary.  This is the American process, but to hear these GOP establishment cheerleaders - Matt Bevin and tea partiers that back him are doing a terrible thing!  Any group that raises money to challenge the establishment are crooks and liars.  As a person that self-identifies as a tea partier, I am very insulted by these people.  It's okay for Karl Rove and others to raise huge amounts of money......

I see Ann Coulter as being on the same level as Karl Rove. Plain and simple. She's an opportunist that's constantly pushing her books.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 01:41:58 pm »
What's wrong with putting it out there that she will be watching who exactly is running under the Tea Party banner?

For an organization that is more abstract than material...I don't see the problem here.

it could keep witches and bible thumpers at bay.  [/s]

Because it demonizes everyone who attempts to unify all these little local groups so they speak with a more unified voice.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 01:46:02 pm »
I see Ann Coulter as being on the same level as Karl Rove. Plain and simple. She's an opportunist that's constantly pushing her books.

Exactly. She dated that progressive Bill Maher and needs to eat a few sammiches.

I will read Sharyl Atkinsons book. There is logical reasoning in her book writing.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:47:40 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 01:48:21 pm »
Her opinion piece is not about the shysters in the tea party, it's about the facts of Mitch McConnell's record.

Read her arguments before pronouncing judgment.

The Newsmax piece by Greg Richter is another example of an attention grabbing headline. Coulters article has almost nothing to do with the tea party.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 05:52:40 pm »

I've been impressed by what I've heard about/from Matt Bevin.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 05:53:23 pm »
Her opinion piece is not about the shysters in the tea party, it's about the facts of Mitch McConnell's record.

Read her arguments before pronouncing judgment.

The Newsmax piece by Greg Richter is another example of an attention grabbing headline. Coulters article has almost nothing to do with the tea party.

She was on Hannity last night affirming her support of the Tea Party. 

FWIW.........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 08:24:48 pm »
I've been impressed by what I've heard about/from Matt Bevin.

I have watched multiple interviews with him, I think he would be a great asset to the senate for the state of KY.

As for McConnell.. the only job he has ever held is congressman and senator. His wife is a K-Street lobbyist.  It is time for him to retire.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 08:29:46 pm »
I have watched multiple interviews with him, I think he would be a great asset to the senate for the state of KY.

As for McConnell.. the only job he has ever held is congressman and senator. His wife is a K-Street lobbyist.  It is time for him to retire.

Totally agree.

McConnell is, IMO, the moral equivalent of Bill Cosby's "Mushmouth."   :smokin:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:30:03 pm by musiclady »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 08:37:49 pm »
Totally agree.

McConnell is, IMO, the moral equivalent of Bill Cosby's "Mushmouth."   :smokin:

This morning I was listening to the Glenn Beck Radio Program - he is on vacation and Doc Thompson was filling in again... anyway for a full hour he took call after call from the Tea Party groups who were involved in the IRS denial debacle.. amazing how many reported they had contacted their local senators and representatives for help - the Democrat senators and congressmen being unhelpful goes without saying, but several reported they called McConnell's office and were given no help whatsoever, same with another guy who reported calling his congressman - GOP Whip, Kevin McCarthy... also no help and worse no interest in helping and yet another caller from Virginia who reported no help and no interest from Cantor's office.  If we have a sliver of a chance of saving this nation for the next generation we have to clean house.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776