Author Topic: Issa rips CIA over spying allegations: 'treason'  (Read 767 times)

rangerrebew

Issa rips CIA over spying allegations: 'treason'
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:17:15 am »
Issa Rips CIA Over Feinstein Spying Allegations: 'Treason'

by Kerry Picket  12 Mar 2014 1242  post a comment 

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa said he is incensed about allegations the CIA spied on the Senate Intelligence Committee, calling it “treason.”

“I think Senator Feinstein is as outraged as anyone and I share her outrage. I think the violation of the Constitutional separation of powers should be an offense of the highest level—virtually treason,” Issa told Breitbart News on Tuesday.

“Spying on the executive branch—spying on Congress or violating the separation of powers as to the Supreme Court or as to Congress is effectively treason. Treason—it’s written up in the Constitution,” Issa said of Feinstein’s revelations, adding, “I don’t know who gave the orders, but to spy on other branches is in fact a constitutional violation at the level of high crimes and misdemeanors and certainly should cause the removal of anyone involved.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Chairman of the Senate Select Intelligence Committee, Tuesday accused the spy agency of secretly examining her committee’s computers and taking documents relating to the CIA’s interrogation methods on terror suspects who were held overseas after the 9/11 attacks.

CIA Chief John Brennan disputed Feinstein during a speech at the Council on Foreign Relations saying that, “when the facts come out on this, I think a lot of people who are claiming that there has been this tremendous sort of spying and monitoring and hacking will be proved wrong.”

According to reports, Feinstein is seeking out the FBI to investigate the matter further. Feinstein’s colleague Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) told Breitbart News she supports Feinstein, saying she thought, “it’s really essential that we have a division of powers or separation of powers here so that the Senate can do its oversight.”

Congress and the executive branch have rarely been at odds in such a heated way as they are now. Last month, Issa questioned Deputy Attorney General James Cole as to whether the NSA collects phone records of congressional members and their staffs, to which Cole responded, "We probably do, Mr. Congressman. But we're not allowed to look at any of those, however, unless we have reasonable, articulable suspicion that those numbers are related to a known terrorist threat."
House Democrats also said they were shocked at the revelations coming out of Feinstein’s office.

“I don’t know how much is based in fact, but it’s a terrible thing, when you cross that line of separation of (powers). A lot of things people can complain about with our government, but the balance of power is so very important,” said Rep. Charlie Rangel (D – NY), who was hoping the allegations were not true.

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D – MO) agreed, telling Breitbart News, “It’s frightening if it’s true. I think that most Americans would be absolutely outraged to find out that some of the freedoms we thought we were experiencing were sabotaged, so we have to wait and see if it’s true.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/12/Issa-Rips-CIA-Over-Feinstein-Spying-Allegations-Treason
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:18:22 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Issa rips CIA over spying allegations: 'treason'
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:05:08 pm »
“Spying on the executive branch—spying on Congress or violating the separation of powers as to the Supreme Court or as to Congress is effectively treason. Treason—it’s written up in the Constitution,” Issa said of Feinstein’s revelations, adding, “I don’t know who gave the orders,

E-mails could be presented into evidence that Obama himself or a cabinet member ordered this and nothing would happen. As the IRS scandal proves. Everyone is so afraid of this radical thug that they just want to hush and bide the time until he leaves. This is WRONG for Obama to be so above the law everyone is frozen in race-baiting fear.

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:28:09 pm »
Interesting how once their ox is gored they think spying is bad, but spying on all of us remains good.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:08 pm »
But having the IRS targeting private citizens for expressing opposing views to the government or Regime is not an act of treason? NSA spying on US citizens isn't an act of treason? Obama's giving aid and comfort to Terrorist organizations isn't an act of treason?

Okay.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 08:52:53 pm »
Now THIS is what I'm talkin' bout Willis...... :patriot:

Make it a campaign issue for every Republican running.  We're going to arrest every damned one of them and perp walk them out for your evening news.

Even NBC would have to cover it.  LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 09:05:59 pm »
Now THIS is what I'm talkin' bout Willis...... :patriot:

Make it a campaign issue for every Republican running.  We're going to arrest every damned one of them and perp walk them out for your evening news.

Even NBC would have to cover it.  LOL!

Frankly I don't care that they care that they are being spied on when they advocate for spying on us citizens.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 09:11:12 pm »
Frankly I don't care that they care that they are being spied on when they advocate for spying on us citizens.

Guess it's "whose ox is being gored..."  But like Emmanuel says, never let a good crisis good to waste.

They're handing us an issue all Americans can get behind.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 09:11:28 pm »
:thumbsup:
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 09:21:46 pm »
It's a long held belief that the technology at the government's disposal is decades ahead of what the public gets to play with.

I believe that's still true today even though the consumer end has risen dramatically the past decade.

It makes perfect sense if the government can electronically make a digital copy of every form of communication using the internet or cell phones...that they would do it. 

Is it right?  Needs limits set.  All data 'seasoned' more than a year gets deleted. 

Like Will Smith's wife said in Enemy of the State...."We need watchers...but who's gonna watch the Watcher's?"

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 09:23:20 pm »
Guess it's "whose ox is being gored..."  But like Emmanuel says, never let a good crisis good to waste.

They're handing us an issue all Americans can get behind.

As long as Mike Rogers and Peter King are continuing to say it's fine to spy on us it is a loser for both parties.