Author Topic: Rubio: Democrats Should Have Pulled All-Nighter for Americans Struggling in Obama Economy  (Read 620 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/11/Rubio-Democrats-should-have-pulled-all-nighter-to-fight-for-Americans-struggling-in-Obama-economy

In response to the Senate Democrats’ all-nighter on Monday evening, when they pushed for a focus in Washington on the left’s climate change and global warming agenda, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said they should have focused instead on American workers struggling because of Obamacare and other liberal policies.

“I wish there would be an all-nighter for the men and women of Florida who are struggling to find a job,” Rubio said in an appearance on an Orlando television station on Tuesday. “I wish there would be an all-nighter for the people who have lost their health insurance because of Obamacare. I wish there would be an all-nighter for people whose businesses may close because of the economy isn’t getting better. And I wish there would be an all-nighter for students who went to college and now [owe] a bunch of money in loans, but can’t find a job in this stagnant economy,” he said.

On Monday evening until 9 a.m. Tuesday, 28 Senate Democrats and the two liberal independents in the Senate—including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid—rotated speaking on the Senate floor in shifts to put a focus on the environmentalist agenda. Red state Democrats like Sens. Kay Hagan (D-NC), Mark Begich (D-AK), Mark Pryor (D-AR) and Mary Landrieu (D-LA)—each of whom faces the likelihood they will lose their seat in November in a seemingly imminent Republican wave because of Obamacare—avoided the environmentalist discussion.

Oceander

Funny how Reid was lambasting the Koch brothers for somehow trying to buy an election and then he turns around and more or less outright sells the Senate to Tom Streyer for $100 million.  That is what Reid has done; he's very capable at keeping his "flock" in line, so if Reid tells them to vote for something Streyer wants, then they'll vote for what Streyer wants.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Rubio's pitch is a smart sound bite.

Maybe the GOP could do something along those lines, in a "shadow Senate" reflecting what they will focus on when they get the majority this time.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Rubio's pitch is a smart sound bite.

Maybe the GOP could do something along those lines, in a "shadow Senate" reflecting what they will focus on when they get the majority this time.

Good idea.