Author Topic:  (Read 1172 times)

Offline mountaineer

« on: March 12, 2014, 02:16:33 PM »
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:31:55 PM »
Thank goodness.  As to third term.. we have term limits in AZ

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:38:49 PM »
I knew you'd be pleased, Rap.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »
I knew you'd be pleased, Rap.

We have quite couple of good conservatives running, she was never a Conservative and fought our GOP legislature more than she ever worked with them.. so yes, I'm thrilled.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 02:42:14 PM »
Thank goodness.  As to third term.. we have term limits in AZ

I don't understand how she has fallen from the people of AZ's graces so quickly? The same way I have no idea why Gov. Bobby Jindal is not liked by Louisiana anymore.

If she ran for President what would you say Rap? How bad is it?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »
I don't understand how she has fallen from the people of AZ's graces so quickly? The same way I have no idea why Gov. Bobby Jindal is not liked by Louisiana anymore.

If she ran for President what would you say Rap? How bad is it?

She's under McCain's thumb.. same as Flake..  She raised taxes, implemented ocare in spite of our legislature...She vetoed every single bill they sent her until the finally gave in and passed Obamacare here...She only signed the immigration bill to get 're elected four years ago..I would never vote for her again for anything.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 04:41:27 PM »
Brewer won the GOP primary for Governor in 2010 with 80% of the votes.

She was elected Governor in 2010 by Arizona voters with 55% to 42%, over the democrat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_elections,_2010

All things considered, there was NOT a better REALISTIC alternative.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 05:01:56 PM »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 06:44:01 PM »
She's right about this.  And this small tent will continue to get smaller if the litmus tests continue.

If there ever is a true third party, it will largely look like the origins of the 2007 Tea Party movement, where Democrats, Republicans, and independents congregated to talk about fiscal conservatism, and to run candidates on that platform.  Getting caught up in social issues is a political liability if the idea is to actually convert a wide range of people into a party platform. 

Today's "Tea Party" seems more intent on destroying Republicans than actually running a small-government platform. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 06:48:12 PM »
She was noting but McCain's puppet, a RINO in the extreme.

Hopefully Arizona will do better next time.

And of course, all the leftists (oh I'm sorry "moderates") around here are now singing her praises.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 07:07:40 PM »
Brewer won the GOP primary for Governor in 2010 with 80% of the votes.

She was elected Governor in 2010 by Arizona voters with 55% to 42%, over the democrat.

I didn't need Wiki to tell me why she won big  - I guess some here have selective memory but in April 2010 she signed into law a very controversial (outside of AZ) immigration bill. Until she signed this bill her ability to even win the primary was in doubt, after she signed the bill all opposition to her melted away and she won re-election handily....... that said since being re-elected her popularity has not grown, quite the opposite.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 07:42:42 PM »
I didn't need Wiki to tell me why she won big  - I guess some here have selective memory but in April 2010 she signed into law a very controversial (outside of AZ) immigration bill. Until she signed this bill her ability to even win the primary was in doubt, after she signed the bill all opposition to her melted away and she won re-election handily....... that said since being re-elected her popularity has not grown, quite the opposite.
And to repeat:

"All things considered, there was NOT a better REALISTIC alternative." Realistic being the operative word, all spin aside.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 08:00:41 PM »
She should run for President.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »
And to repeat:

"All things considered, there was NOT a better REALISTIC alternative." Realistic being the operative word, all spin aside.

Actually there was and he was polling quite well until she signed the bill then he stepped aside because it was clear at that point no one was going to defeat her since immigration is a #1 issue in AZ then and now.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 08:09:17 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 08:11:46 PM »
She should run for President.

right /s  I suppose if Hillary is your choice you would suggest a tax raising supporter of Obamacare a good candidate to oppose Hillary.

Offline Carling

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 08:39:16 PM »
right /s  I suppose if Hillary is your choice you would suggest a tax raising supporter of Obamacare a good candidate to oppose Hillary.

I only like candidates who hold my opinion 100%.  If they do one thing I don't like, they are garbage.   :pondering:

This is the vibe I get from a few posters here, along with their me-too pals. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:39:47 PM by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 08:58:15 PM »
I only like candidates who hold my opinion 100%.  If they do one thing I don't like, they are garbage.   :pondering:

If I want tax increases and  Obamacare I'd vote for a Democrat.  She's been at war with our Republican senate and legislature for two years.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 03:21:36 AM »

Seems that way at times.   :shrug:

Still, Gov. Brewer has a track record and I am more inclined to listen to Rap in this case - it's her governor and not everything each Governor does makes the national stage. It's like I trust the Texans on here for a more honest assessment of Gov. Perry as a whole than I do the news, or our New York members for the real down low on what is going on there.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 04:24:07 AM »

While I appreciate Rap's viewpoint regarding Jan Brewer. I won't dismiss the possibility Brewer may run and I will decide for myself and see how she does in the debates. There is a fine line between the McCains and Crists who are wolves in sheeps clothing and need to turn democrat or retire already. And others who have played the basic game of politics. No candidate is perfect. Take my senator, he at times was with the establishment in choices but I won't dismiss him. I can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 04:29:44 AM »
While I appreciate Rap's viewpoint regarding Jan Brewer. I won't dismiss the possibility Brewer may run and I will decide for myself and see how she does in the debates. There is a fine line between the McCains and Crists who are wolves in sheeps clothing and need to turn democrat or retire already. And others who have played the basic game of politics. No candidate is perfect. Take my senator, he at times was with the establishment in choices but I won't dismiss him. I can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Brewer is dumb as a box of rocks, she'll make Perry 2012 look brilliant.

Offline Once-Ler

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 04:40:05 AM »
Seems that way at times.   :shrug:

Still, Gov. Brewer has a track record and I am more inclined to listen to Rap in this case - it's her governor and not everything each Governor does makes the national stage. It's like I trust the Texans on here for a more honest assessment of Gov. Perry as a whole than I do the news, or our New York members for the real down low on what is going on there.

There are 4 states where a GOP governor has set up Obamacare compliant state health care exchanges.  AZ isn't one of them.  All Brewer is guilty of is signing that stupid immigration law.(I'm just kidding)

If you judge AZ politician by what Rapunzel says you will hate all of the GOP politicians.  She doesn't like Gov Brewer, Sen McCain, Sen Flake, Rep Paul Gosar, Rep Matt Salmon, Rep Trent Franks....maybe she tolerates Rep David Schweikert, but she doesn't trust him.  The rest of the Congressmen are rats and AZ has no LT Governor.  Those are the big names in AZ and with the exception of Schweikert they've all been called RINOs by people less conservative than Rapunzel.

Please correct me if I'm wrong Rap.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 05:05:31 AM »

I see the so called me-too pals as open to all candidates. While they are being painting with a broad brush of Cruz/Paul ONLY groupies by the die-hard, old guard GOP -tote the GOP line no matter what- group.

I also notice the diehard GOP posters that think the GOP is the cats meow and should never be challenged only seem to post about just this subject and never seem to branch out on the other various thread topics. Therefore the Obsession perfume is/was accurate -and funny- I don't care who you are  :laugh:  ^-^ :nometalk:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:07:38 AM by Gazoo »

Offline Once-Ler

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 05:25:11 AM »
I see the so called me-too pals as open to all candidates. While they are being painting with a broad brush of Cruz/Paul ONLY groupies by the die-hard, old guard GOP -tote the GOP line no matter what- group.

I also notice the diehard GOP posters that think the GOP is the cats meow and should never be challenged only seem to post about just this subject and never seem to branch out on the other various thread topics. Therefore the Obsession perfume is/was accurate -and funny- I don't care who you are  :laugh:  ^-^ :nometalk:
I know I'm obsessed by politics. :seeya:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 05:40:06 AM »
I know I'm obsessed by politics. :seeya:

:silly: Hi bachatcha  :seeya: we all are political junkies. What I meant was there are some that only like sticking themselves with the GOP/Tea Party schism needle and nevah,evah,evah, switch to the other view point-or any other poli-junkie topics-. It is what it is, oh well, but to these folks I say: don't get the panties in a wad when someone (can't remember who) posts a perfume bottle called obsession.

Just sayin  :nometalk:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf