Author Topic: Zimmermans Sue Roseanne Barr Over Tweet  (Read 579 times)

Offline flowers

Zimmermans Sue Roseanne Barr Over Tweet
« on: March 12, 2014, 06:16:24 pm »
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/zimmerman-parents-sue-roseanne-barr-687432

MARCH 12--George Zimmerman’s parents are suing Roseanne Barr, claiming that the comedian forced them into hiding after she sent a Twitter message listing their home address in the wake of their son’s shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Robert and Gladys Zimmerman allege that the 61-year-old performer sought to “cause a lynch mob to descend” on their Florida home by sending a March 2012 tweet containing the couple’s address and phone number. Barr, they allege, mistakenly believed that their son was living with them, adding that her tweet was “an open and obvious call for vigilante justice.”

As TSG reported, Barr, who subsequently deleted the tweet, explained that she initially thought that disseminating the address “was good to let ppl know that no one can hide anymore.” She then pivoted to note, “But vigilante-ism is what killed Trayvon. I don’t support that.”

Barr later floated the possibility of again posting the couple’s Seminole County address: “If Zimmerman isn’t arrested I’ll rt his address again.” She added, “maybe go 2 his house myself.”

At the time of Barr’s tweets, she had in excess of 110,000 Twitter followers. In the face of criticism for distributing the Zimmermans’s address, the performer copped to “not fully understanding that it was private not public.”

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Zimmermans Sue Roseanne Barr Over Tweet
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:41:47 pm »
Good
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776