Author Topic: Obama Approval Rating Falls to All-Time Low  (Read 352 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Approval Rating Falls to All-Time Low
« on: March 12, 2014, 12:57:37 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=559007

Newsmax
Obama Approval Rating Falls to All-Time Low
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 07:04 AM

By: Elliot Jager

President Barack Obama's popularity declined to an all-time low, with only 41 percent approving of his performance and 54 percent disapproving, according to the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News Poll, The Journal reported.

The results contrast with a Bloomberg poll that showed Obama's popularity rebounding, with 48 percent approving of the president's performance, better than the 42 percent at the end of last year. The Bloomberg poll also found 42 percent of independents backing him, an improvement over the 35 percent in December.

The Journal/NBC poll portrays Americans as pessimistic about the economy, disenchanted with their lawmakers, and unhappy with the president's signature healthcare law where 49 percent thought it was a bad idea. Still, 55 percent of Democrats said Obamacare would not be the determining factor in deciding how to vote.

How these sentiments will impact the midterm elections is hard to know, though analysts say it will be a factor whether Democrats retain their Senate majority. While a narrow majority of Americans prefer that Republicans control Congress, 45 percent held negative views about the GOP. At the same time, just 34 percent said their own member of Congress deserved to be re-elected.

Obama's 54 percent disapproval rating is unchanged from his December results when Obamacare rollout glitches dominated the news. The poll showed his largest disapproval rating among Democrats, which now stands at 20 percent. Americans said that they would be disinclined to support candidates who had been endorsed by the president or were closely associated with his administration.

On the economy, 65 percent were pessimistic with 57 percent feeling the country remained in recession.

On specific issues, 58 percent said they'd vote for a candidate who wanted to raise the U.S. minimum wage to $10.10 an hour. Though most wanted to cut federal spending and reduce the annual deficit, they did not want to touch Social Security and Medicare.

In foreign policy, Americans are disinclined to be the world's policeman. Republicans, Democrats and independents tended to coalesce against the idea that the U.S. needed to reassert itself on the world stage.

The survey of 1,000 adults was conducted for the Journal/NBC by a team of Republican and Democratic pollsters by telephone, including cellphones, March 5-9 and has a margin of error of 3.1 points.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Obama Approval Rating Falls to All-Time Low
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 01:09:49 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=558999

Newsmax
Poll: Obama's Ratings Highest in Nine Months
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:30 PM

By: Cathy Burke

President Barack Obama's approval rating is at its highest point since June, but most Americans still disapprove of his performance on nearly every topic surveyed, a new poll released Tuesday night showed.

Americans are evenly split, with 48 percent approving of Obama's job performance, up from 42 percent in December — the biggest positive change of his presidency, according to the Bloomberg National Poll.

Equally, 48 percent do not like the job the president is doing.

The Bloomberg survey also showed Obama with a 49 percent favorability rating, the highest since June.

"The six-point increase in Obama's approval rating puts him back in the territory he typically occupies," pollster Ann Selzer said. "He had a post-election bump in December of 2012 and February 2013 and then a steady decline."

The pollster warned the president's performance on a wide swath of issues — including the hot-topic issue of the economy — could still threaten his party from retaining Senate control.

For example, the poll found 69 percent of Americans, including 45 percent of Republicans, support the president's call to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10. But 57 percent called it unacceptable if — as the Congressional Budget Office has found — raising the minimum wage would mean the elimination of 500,000 jobs.

The White House has disputed the CBO findings.

On foreign policy, 41 percent of Americans disapprove of the president's handling of the conflict in Ukraine compared with 34 percent who approve.

And 53 percent disapprove of Obama's handling of the economy, and 57 percent aren't happy with his job on the deficit.

The results track results of a Public Policy Polling survey released Tuesday that found Obama's job approval ratings inching up to 43 percent, his best showing since last October's 46 percent level.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: Obama Approval Rating Falls to All-Time Low
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 01:36:03 pm »
There was some discussion on polls the other day, where I opined that I do not place a lot of stock in them.

One huge reason is that most of the pollsters are selling their polls. They weigh them heavily to achieve the "desired" numbers that their clients want.

I believe that what we witnessed in the days ramping up to the 2012 election that showed Obama dipping and Romney moving up. On election night all of that went into the crapper almost as soon as the eastern time zone polls closed. Dick Morris, Karl Rove, et al were left with egg on their faces.

These polls that indicate Obama's "approval" numbers being in the low 40s are not to be trusted in my honest opinion. I believe that the true numbers are in the low 30s to upper 20s, but no one is publishing that with good reason.

Remember how the Obama Regime took the Gallup Organization to task over their polling procedures, even threatening to sue them? In the early days of the Obama Regime, Scott Rasmussen was "summoned" to the White House for a meeting, but the details of that "meeting" were never given to the public. Scott Rasmussen no longer is connected with the firm that bears his name, and Rasmussen Daily Polls consistently show "approval numbers" that can only leave one scratching their head.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.