Author Topic: McConnell: We Will 'Crush' Tea Party Challengers 'Everywhere'  (Read 3119 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: McConnell: We Will 'Crush' Tea Party Challengers 'Everywhere'
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 04:53:32 am »

He has spent over 10 million dollars so far against Bevin - I have to think the ads are driving you all nuts over there...

They are.  We got a flyer in the mail the other day.  It looked all official and said "FRAUD ALERT Sensitive Materials Enclosed.  Please Open Immediately."

"You may be the victim of a scam being perpetrated in County: (mine) Date:  2-21-2014."

"The information enclosed contains information related to a possible fraud being perpetrated on citizens across Kentucky.  This document is intended to be read solely by the citizen named below:  (our name)."

I opened it thinking it was from the State Attorney General or something, it looked that official.  Inside was a listing of "lies" Bevin told....blah...blah...blah.

You have to go all the way to the bottom of the page and in real small letters it says, "Paid for and authorized by the McConnell Senate Committee '14"

It's sneaky and it's insulting, and I think it's below the dignity of a sitting senator.  I think it shows a level of desperation and I hope it pissed off everyone that got it. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 05:01:26 am »
They are.  We got a flyer in the mail the other day.  It looked all official and said "FRAUD ALERT Sensitive Materials Enclosed.  Please Open Immediately."

"You may be the victim of a scam being perpetrated in County: (mine) Date:  2-21-2014."

"The information enclosed contains information related to a possible fraud being perpetrated on citizens across Kentucky.  This document is intended to be read solely by the citizen named below:  (our name)."

I opened it thinking it was from the State Attorney General or something, it looked that official.  Inside was a listing of "lies" Bevin told....blah...blah...blah.

You have to go all the way to the bottom of the page and in real small letters it says, "Paid for and authorized by the McConnell Senate Committee '14"

It's sneaky and it's insulting, and I think it's below the dignity of a sitting senator.  I think it shows a level of desperation and I hope it pissed off everyone that got it.

That sounds like something the Democrats would do against a Republican........ 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 05:07:13 am »
That sounds like something the Democrats would do against a Republican........

Yep.  Pretty slimy, if you ask me. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 05:09:46 am »
Yep.  Pretty slimy, if you ask me.

I agree.. he must be really worried to be stooping this low. Wonder if he hired the guy who so angered McCain in South Carolina back in 2000.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 05:20:28 am »
On the other hand, I'm hearing a good bit of Bevin ads on the radio and he makes a good case against McConnell and for him.  His ads are positive and straightforward.  I think he's a long shot to win, but if Mitch keeps sticking his feet in his mouth and continues to act like a petulant thug - things might turn around enough for Bevin. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 05:28:14 am »
On the other hand, I'm hearing a good bit of Bevin ads on the radio and he makes a good case against McConnell and for him.  His ads are positive and straightforward.  I think he's a long shot to win, but if Mitch keeps sticking his feet in his mouth and continues to act like a petulant thug - things might turn around enough for Bevin.

Bevin was interviewed by Oceander Loesh today - did you catch it?  He said he is running a positive campaign and won't get in the dirt.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 05:36:59 am »
Bevin was interviewed by Oceander Loesh today - did you catch it?  He said he is running a positive campaign and won't get in the dirt.

I was cooking and came in the room just as he was going off.  But yes, he is running good positive ads.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 05:43:53 am »
I was cooking and came in the room just as he was going off.  But yes, he is running good positive ads.

It was a good interview, I like Oceander.

BTW I noticed he is very handsome....... no wonder he has 9 children.  :beer:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 01:34:07 pm »
It was a good interview, I like Oceander.

BTW I noticed he is very handsome....... no wonder he has 9 children.  :beer:

If I'm not mistaken, I think some of his children are adopted and I believe some of them are black children.  He has a beautiful family and seems to be a good man.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 01:41:38 pm »
The simple fact of McConnell agreeing to an interview at the New York Times should tell you everything you need to know about him. He's a corrupt, big-government Progressive Republican who is in Washington to enhance his earnings by collecting tributes from lobbyists for captive industries.

... "and that's the truth" – Edith Ann

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 02:15:20 pm »
http://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/2014/03/10/mcconnell-gives-his-side-of-the-story/

Kentuckians were sick and tired of Mitch before the NYT article.  He hates the Senate Conservative Fund, which is funding candidates that are running against life career establishment Republicans that have been in Washington so long that they have become part of the problems. 

Mitch doesn't think anyone should DARE to challenge his throne. If people were happy with the job he was doing, he wouldn't be having a problem.  Just because an organization is running people against these entrenched politicians does not make them crooked - it's America, Mitch - that kind of thing used to be allowed.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 02:32:21 pm »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Millee

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 02:34:48 pm »
ROFL, Gazoo!!   :silly:

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 08:18:18 pm »
http://www.redstate.com/2014/03/11/drunks-bullies-traitors-fringe-and-other-things-mitch-mcconnell-has-called-conservatives/

“Drunks,” “Bullies,” “Traitors,” “Fringe,” and Other Things Mitch McConnell Has Called Conservatives

By: Erick Erickson (Diary)  |  March 11th, 2014 at 04:30 AM 

Mitch McConnell is doing his best to walk back his comments about conservatives. He told the New York Times he intended to “crush them everywhere.” Now he says he was only talking about the Jim DeMint founded Senate Conservatives Fund and its candidates — candidates like Ben Sasse supported by Paul Ryan, Mike Lee, Club for Growth, RedState, National Review, and others.

Actually, Mitch McConnell has been pretty open in the past about his contempt for conservatives. He has referred to conservatives and the outside groups they fund, as traitors, bullies, drunks, and fringe. He claims conservatives “tear up every bar they walk into,” and he wants to “punch” the tea party “in the nose.”

Those are his words. And he has been pretty consistent over time. Back in 2009, McConnell’s associates famously put James Dobson in a terribly embarrassing spot when they lied about Rand Paul’s record. McConnell sent staff into Kentucky to defeat Rand Paul.

McConnell now says he only meant he wanted to crush the Senate Conservatives Fund, but back in 2009 and 2010, the Senate Conservatives Fund was the group standing with conservatives and Pat Toomey, Marco Rubio, Mike Lee, and Rand Paul against Mitch McConnell’s supported Arlen Specter, Charlie Crist, Bob Bennett, and Trey Grayson.

It is true that a number of McConnell’s remarks have focused on the Senate Conservatives Fund, but his remarks have also targeted groups like FreedomWorks, Club For Growth, and others. He is systematically targeting conservative organizations that do not follow the National Republican Senatorial Committee’s lead. What’s worse, he is enlisting a bunch of useful idiots on the right to do damage control for him and to protect him.

If you think Mitch McConnell needs protection and saving, consider that if McConnell had his way Trey Grayson would be in the Senate instead of Rand Paul; Charlie Crist would be in the Senate instead of Marco Rubio, David Dewhurst would be in the Senate instead of Ted Cruz; Arlen Specter would be in the Senate instead of Pat Toomey; and Bob Bennett would be in the Senate instead of Mike Lee.

When McConnell attacks FreedomWorks, Senate Conservatives Fund, Club for Growth, Madison Project, and even the tea party — he is attacking the conservatives who have saved the Republican Party from itself. He is attacking you. So you should defeat him.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2014, 09:06:45 pm »
Great info, Rap. No doubt about it, Mitch has got to go. If no other reason his having supported Charlie Crist!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 07:50:30 am »
http://www.redstate.com/2014/03/11/drunks-bullies-traitors-fringe-and-other-things-mitch-mcconnell-has-called-conservatives/

“Drunks,” “Bullies,” “Traitors,” “Fringe,” and Other Things Mitch McConnell Has Called Conservatives

By: Erick Erickson (Diary)  |  March 11th, 2014 at 04:30 AM 

Mitch McConnell is doing his best to walk back his comments about conservatives. He told the New York Times he intended to “crush them everywhere.” Now he says he was only talking about the Jim DeMint founded Senate Conservatives Fund and its candidates — candidates like Ben Sasse supported by Paul Ryan, Mike Lee, Club for Growth, RedState, National Review, and others.

Those are his words. And he has been pretty consistent over time. Back in 2009, McConnell’s associates famously put James Dobson in a terribly embarrassing spot when they lied about Rand Paul’s record. McConnell sent staff into Kentucky to defeat Rand Paul.

McConnell now says he only meant he wanted to crush the Senate Conservatives Fund, but back in 2009 and 2010, the Senate Conservatives Fund was the group standing with conservatives and Pat Toomey, Marco Rubio, Mike Lee, and Rand Paul against Mitch McConnell’s supported Arlen Specter, Charlie Crist, Bob Bennett, and Trey Grayson.

It is true that a number of McConnell’s remarks have focused on the Senate Conservatives Fund, but his remarks have also targeted groups like FreedomWorks, Club For Growth, and others. He is systematically targeting conservative organizations that do not follow the National Republican Senatorial Committee’s lead. What’s worse, he is enlisting a bunch of useful idiots on the right to do damage control for him and to protect him.

When McConnell attacks FreedomWorks, Senate Conservatives Fund, Club for Growth, Madison Project, and even the tea party — he is attacking the conservatives who have saved the Republican Party from itself. He is attacking you. So you should defeat him.

Imagine if he were this blunt with the dems.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?