Author Topic: FLORIDA: Democrats Take Brutal Loss in ‘Must Win’ Race...  (Read 3426 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/11/Florida-Special-Election-Results-GOPs-David-Jolly-Leads

by Breitbart News 11 Mar 2014, 4:51 PM PDT

In Florida District 13's special election to replace the late Rep. Bill Young (R-FL), Young's former aide David Jolly leads the race with almost all votes counted.

Jolly faced off against Democratic nominee Alex Sink, a former financial officer for the state of Florida, and Libertarian candidate Lucas Overby.

With 98.2% reporting, Jolly holds 48.4% of the vote with 87,700 votes. Sink follows with 46.7% and 84,574 votes—and Overby at 4.8% and 8,765 votes.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: FLORIDA: Democrats Take Brutal Loss in ‘Must Win’ Race...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:57:12 pm »
Sink is sunk?

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:58:06 pm »
Republican David Jolly beats far left Democrat Alex Sink in FL13 special election

Republican David Jolly has beaten far left progressive liberal and 2010 Florida governor loser Alex Sink! David Jolly sunk Sink 48% to 46.5%. The libertarian candidate pulled in around 4.5% to 5%. I’m pleasantly surprised to see David Jolly win. Voter turnout was low, only about 38%. I fully expected Marxist Alex Sink to win this district, as it voted for Obama in 2012. I guess that ObamaCARE albatross is real. It’s a Jolly good night in Florida, and for America.

Update (final vote totals):
 David W. Jolly 48.43% 88,294
 Alex Sink 46.56% 84,877
 Lucas Overby (LPF) 4.83% 8,799
 WRITE-IN 0.18% 325

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2014/03/11/republican-david-jolly-beats-far-left-democrat-alex-sink-fl13-special-election/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=republican-david-jolly-beats-far-left-democrat-alex-sink-fl13-special-election

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 11:59:19 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 12:01:11 am »
Hallelujah!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 12:04:09 am »
 :elephant: :elephant: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 12:04:58 am »
sink, sank, sunk?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 12:10:43 am »
Well that is good. While I was watching the MSNBC when I was working out, they had the results on when Sink was in the lead.. Later on they didn't show the results..  I wonder why.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 12:14:12 am »
Well that is good. While I was watching the MSNBC when I was working out, they had the results on when Sink was in the lead.. Later on they didn't show the results..  I wonder why.

You actually watch MSNBC?? REALLY?

WOW!!

I've never actually met anybody that admits that!

:beer:
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 12:15:49 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/11/Florida-Special-Election-Results-GOPs-David-Jolly-Leads

by Breitbart News 11 Mar 2014, 4:51 PM PDT

In Florida District 13's special election to replace the late Rep. Bill Young (R-FL), Young's former aide David Jolly leads the race with almost all votes counted.

Jolly faced off against Democratic nominee Alex Sink, a former financial officer for the state of Florida, and Libertarian candidate Lucas Overby.

With 98.2% reporting, Jolly holds 48.4% of the vote with 87,700 votes. Sink follows with 46.7% and 84,574 votes—and Overby at 4.8% and 8,765 votes.

Okay...make me smart, here?

What's the skinny on this Jolly guy?

Establishment type? Conservative?
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 12:16:18 am »
You actually watch MSNBC?? REALLY?

WOW!!

I've never actually met anybody that admits that!

:beer:

I really had no choice, the fitness club gives me no choice...

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 12:18:11 am »

At least he's not a democrat; that should be the benchmark.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 12:19:07 am »

That is the key..

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 12:21:08 am »
I'm sure the Democrats are quickly printing up more ballots as we speak and will soon discover a box with 3,127 votes, all for Sink.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 12:21:40 am »
I'm sure the Democrats are quickly printing up more ballots as we speak and will soon discover a box with 3,127 votes, all for Sink.

I'd laugh if that wasn't such a distinct possibility.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 12:41:29 am »

I really had no choice, the fitness club gives me no choice...

Still....that's some control on your part....if you're anything like me.   :silly:

Offline Howie66

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 12:42:09 am »
I'd laugh if that wasn't such a distinct possibility.

The bastards are predictable, aren't they?

Offline Howie66

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 12:44:18 am »

Well..... if he is a "republican" like Juan McLame, Linda Graham, or Mitch McConnell, then what's the point? The RATs won.

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 12:46:26 am »
Well..... if he is a "republican" like Juan McLame, Linda Graham, or Mitch McConnell, then what's the point? The RATs won.

No.  Republicans like that may come really close to being like democrats, but they're not, and that difference, no matter how slim, makes all the difference in the world.  If for no other reason, if the Republicans manage to be a majority in the Senate or the House only by including people like that, then the Republican party and its Congressional leadership get to determine who sits on what committees.  That is an awesome power in and of itself.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 12:53:49 am »
http://www.gop.com/news/rnc-resources-to-win-in-fl-13/

RNC Resources to Win in FL-13

Posted March 11, 2014
The RNC worked hand in hand with the NRCC, Jolly campaign and Republican Party of Florida to provide resources to allow them to spend money elsewhere;
Our focus was on our new precinct organizing structure and a new suite of data driven tools that helped identify and message voters in an extremely close election;
We successfully implemented our new political model that we are replicating across the country to win in 2014;
We had field staff on the ground who built relationships and recruited precinct leaders and campaign volunteers across the district;
These boots on the ground used the RNC’s OneData voter file and a suite of new data tools including:
A new canvassing app to gather data;
A new voter scoring tool to find the right voters. These reports were particularly helpful in identifying early and absentee voters in a heavy early vote district;
Scripts and Universes for phone and door contacts;
Our API that allowed data sharing in real time;
In a heavy Absentee and Early Vote district we helped with a paid AB/EV campaign, email targeting and targeted Facebook posts;
The NRCC and Jolly campaign used our new control panel tool to monitor what was going on on the ground and where to send resources;
RNC co-chair Sharon Day held a volunteer rally and campaigned for Jolly.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 12:56:04 am »

Have they counted the ballots found in the poll worker's car trunks yet?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 12:57:23 am »

He worked for Young (general counsel) for a number of years, then went into lobbying (which was one of the main attack points on him throughout).

Seems to be more of an establishment type, but often talked a good "small government, conservative" line during the campaign. 

IMO, the race was Sink's to lose (much better name recognition, was Florida CFO, lost governor's race to Scott, had *huge* DCCC support infrastructure and $$$), but she was simply not a good retail campaigner and did not do well in debates.  Many characterized Jolly as a B-/+ candidate (first time candidate) running a C- campaign (probably close to the truth).  So take from that, the Sink (DCCC) message ('fix' 0bamacare, 'protect' Social Security, support 'fixing' Climate Change, etc.) sort of fell flat on its face, at least in #CD13.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 01:09:15 am »
Jolly is against Obamacare and says he has goals of lowering taxes and cutting spending. He believes Israel is one of the premier allies of the United States and has a goal of not cutting the United States commitment to the military and to its allies. He is pro-life, says that he "supports the constitutional right to keep and bear arms," and opposes amnesty for illegal immigrants. He supports the Balanced Budget Amendment,[6]\ and would have voted to raise the debt limit in early 2014.[7]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:09:46 am by Repub4P&C »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline happyg

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 01:09:29 am »
Some sites refer to Jolly as a Tea Party candidate. Rand Paul went to Fl. on his behalf. Sink outspent Jolly by more than 3 to 1, which makes the victory extra sweet.