Author Topic:  (Read 841 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: March 11, 2014, 06:37:29 PM »

Offline Poser

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:42:31 PM »
It's a dealbreaker for me. I like Carson but I couldn't vote for him.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »
To be perfectly honest, I have no question that Dr. Carson is an intelligent man and has his head and heart in the right place.

I think that it would be to his benefit and peace of mind to be invited to go to a nice rifle and pistol range and get some first hand experience with a variety of firearms.

You don't know how many people I know and have introduced to the fun of putting some rounds down range. It works more often than not.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »
It's a dealbreaker for me. I like Carson but I couldn't vote for him.

If that is indeed his final position on the matter, then I completely agree.

Without the Second Amendment, the others are moot.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 06:54:27 PM »
To be perfectly honest, I have no question that Dr. Carson is an intelligent man and has his head and heart in the right place.

I think that it would be to his benefit and peace of mind to be invited to go to a nice rifle and pistol range and get some first hand experience with a variety of firearms.

You don't know how many people I know and have introduced to the fun of putting some rounds down range. It works more often than not.

goopo  As well as, I am sure he looks at the issue a little differently being that he is a doctor and brain surgeon.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »
I suspect his position on guns is informed by professional experience that includes having removed rounds from a teen's brain case. I don't think a trip to the firing range is really going to do much to impress the good doctor.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 09:29:18 PM »
I suspect his position on guns is informed by professional experience that includes having removed rounds from a teen's brain case. I don't think a trip to the firing range is really going to do much to impress the good doctor.

And growing up in the inner city. I recommend everyone watch the movie on his life, it is very interesting. I'd say he might make an excellent surgeon general.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »

which suggests an inability to see the forest for the trees.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 10:38:47 PM »
[[ As well as, I am sure he looks at the issue a little differently being that he is a doctor and brain surgeon. ]]

He is the default pick for surgeon general in the next Republican administration -- if there -is- one any time soon.

But if the good doctor cannot comprehend the fundamental reasons for a Second Amendment that shall not be infringed, can he comprehend the other foundations of our freedom? Does a healer have the intestinal fortitude -- in a time of crisis or war -- to order hundreds, or thousands, to their deaths?

As skilled as his mind and hands are as a surgeon, I doubt he has the "leadership smarts" that are required of a national leader.

We don't want another Herman Cain here.
Nor a Colin Powell.
Nor a Condi Rice.
Must I go on.... ?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:41:01 PM by Fishrrman »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf