Author Topic: GOP Strategist Roger Stone: Benghazi Report Disproves Obama's Lies  (Read 589 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.newsmax.com/politics/roger-stone-benghazi-hillary-clinton-report/2014/03/12/id/559160/

GOP Strategist Roger Stone: Benghazi Report Disproves Obama's Lies

Wednesday, 12 Mar 2014 03:07 PM

The Senate Intelligence Committee report on deadly the Benghazi terrorist attack is a "stunning indictment" of the Obama administration, veteran political consultant Roger Stone says.

"This is a bipartisan report by the Senate Intelligence Committee, and it is must reading," Stone told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

Stone is out with a new book, "The Benghazi Report: Review of the Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Facilities in Benghazi, Libya, September 11-12, 2012," published by Skyhorse, in which he tackles the Senate conclusions step by step.

"I really republished this report a guide as the forward because it disproves all of the Obama-Clinton administration lies about what really happened in Benghazi," Stone said.

"We know that the mission staff asked the State Department repeatedly for increased security. It wasn't ignored, it was denied. We know that the CIA got the same intelligence reports about the dangerous increase in terrorist activity in this part of Libya [and] they beefed up their security.

"And then of course there was the fiction that this was all caused by an Islamic, an anti-Islamic video, which is a total and complete lie."

video at link

Stone called the report a "vital" read for "any American who's thinking about Hillary Clinton being president."

Stone — a top strategist in the presidential campaigns of Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush — was impressed by Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky at last week's Conservative Political Action Conference. He called criticism of Paul unproductive for the GOP.

"Sen. Rand Paul did himself some good. I don't understand why [Sen.] Ted Cruz [of Texas] would attack Rand Paul, I don’t think that's productive in terms of winning in 2016," he said.

Stone was not enamored by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who continues to be mired in the Bridge-gate scandal in which his top aides caused a four-day traffic jam for political revenge.

"Christie, as far as I'm concerned, is toast as a presidential candidate. It remains to be seen whether he survives as governor," he said.

"I find it troublesome that his aides are still stonewalling, still refusing to turn over documents, still refusing to submit to subpoenas.

"So the air can never be cleared as long as some are refusing to come forward and say what they know, and therefore I don't even count him at this juncture."

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776