Author Topic: Pelosi says anonymous republican told her GOP dosn't care about poor, hungry children in America  (Read 1336 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi says anonymous Republican told her GOP doesn’t care about poor, hungry children in America

March 10, 2014 by Cheryl Carpenter Klimek 284 Comments

An unnamed Republican said the GOP doesn’t care about hungry children in America and called the poor invisible, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi claimed during her address Saturday at the California Democrats State Convention.

“I asked a Republican friend why his party remains so opposed to extending the vital lifelines for struggling families and really hungry children,” Pelosi told the crowd, according to Breitbart News. “This colleague’s response was telling in its blunt nature and it’s stunning in its honestly. What he said was, ‘To the Republican caucus, these people you are talking about are invisible, and the Republican caucus is indifferent to them.’”

Pelosi used that same language last month at her weekly press briefing to describe the GOP’s indifference to the poor, except that time, she said the “invisible” description sounded like a line from a U2 concert, Breitbart reported.

Watch Pelosi’s comments at the California Democratic Convention via Breitbart News:

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/03/10/pelosi-says-anonymous-republican-told-her-gop-doesnt-care-about-poor-hungry-children-in-america-105416
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:19:13 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Same guy who told Reid about Romney not paying taxes!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!

Nailed it!

Pelosi, like Obama, is so full of crap that were either one of them to be given an enema, all that would remain could fit into a thimble with room to spare.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline musiclady

Bingo!

(Imaginary friends??)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LambChop

Was she wearing flame retardant pants when she said this?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The GOP Congress is so lame......

Where are the half-dozen Republican Senators and Congressmen who can claim "anonymous democrats" have confided that they are purposely destroying the American Dream so that "everybody can get a fair shot"?

Where's the anonymous Democrat that's said that Hillary is a lesbian and was only a 'beard' for Bill.

....and that Chelsea is Web Hubbell's daughter?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Pelosi will say and do anything to spread her brand of wild assed liberalism.  She is a consummate liar; the result of her genes (being born into a family of liars) and brought up being taught how to lie convincingly, and if there is no lie readily available, how to make one up out of thin air.

"A lie is an abomination unto the Lord, and an ever-present help in time of need."

Senator John Tyler Morgan, Democrat, Alabama

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

These people are so unbearably childish.  Who in the heck would fall for this stuff?

Offline Millee

These people are so unbearably childish.  Who in the heck would fall for this stuff?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Unfortunately there seems to be plenty of people out there that fall for it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

The GOP Congress is so lame......

Where are the half-dozen Republican Senators and Congressmen who can claim "anonymous democrats" have confided that they are purposely destroying the American Dream so that "everybody can get a fair shot"?

Where's the anonymous Democrat that's said that Hillary is a lesbian and was only a 'beard' for Bill.

....and that Chelsea is Web Hubbell's daughter?

This is what it's like when the media is your ally. If Boehner said something like this, the media would spend countless hours tarring anything that wasn't Democrat/communist with whatever was said. After the media storm, most Americans would be sure that Republican was an alternate spelling for Nazi.

But, I firmly believe the placid GOPe doesn't want the responsibility that comes with winning majorities and being responsible for having a vision. They're content being backbenchers.

Offline MBB1984

Everyone who supports amnesty doesn't care about poor, hungry children of American citizens including Pelosi.

Offline Rapunzel

Everyone who supports amnesty doesn't care about poor, hungry children of American citizens including Pelosi.

goopo
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

Well we know for a fact that democrats/liberals don't like the poor, or kids, or poor kids, courtesy of NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio, who has said he will destroy charter schools in NYC despite the overwhelming facts showing that the primary beneficiaries of charter schools are poor minority students.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Indeed. They certainly support things like mandating public schools and hospitals take illegal aliens, and barring them from even asking about immigration status. They also support the DREAM Act, which takes opportunities away from American children by allowing illegal aliens to take those opportunities, at the same price as a citizen (even as out-of-state citizens have to pay more). Every dollar spent on these people is money that could be going to Americans.

Regardless of how you feel on amnesty/immigration, it is a fool's errand to take money from Americans and shower benefits on non-Americans.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

Regardless of how you feel on amnesty/immigration, it is a fool's errand to take money from Americans and shower benefits on non-Americans.

so far it hasn't been.  The left/democrats have been doing that for decades and have suffered few if any consequences for it.

rangerrebew

Well, she is from San Fransicko so maybe someone sent her some bad LSD.