Author Topic: W. Va. man buys four guns, gets visit from ATF  (Read 2200 times)

Offline mountaineer

W. Va. man buys four guns, gets visit from ATF
« on: March 11, 2014, 03:18:46 pm »
I'm a member of a W.Va. gun rights group on Facebook. Another member just posted this:
What a great way to start off the day. An ATF Agent knocking on the door at 7:30 am. I purchased 4 guns at the same time last year on Feb 12th and they wanted to know why I purchased that many guns at one time and where the guns were now.

3 1/2 months later I gave one to my daughter for her birthday and where I had surgery I needed money so I sold one of them. I still have the other two he looked at them, wrote down the serials numbers and took a picture of my receipt. Then he called my daughter to have her read him the serial number off the one I gave her. No problem there. Then..... He called the lady I sold the other one too and discovered I made a profit from the sell of the gun.

He said I wasn't in trouble, but went on to informed me it was illegal, that I had not had the guns long enough to sell them for a profit and that if I wanted to sell them for a profit that I needed to get a dealer lic.

Needless to say, I'm a little concerned right now.
He said he asked the agent what was the law about not having guns long enough to sell them for a profit.
I asked him and he said the law was vague. There was no defined length of time. But I do know the application ask if you're planning on giving or selling the gun to someone else within 90 days.

When I got them I had intended to keep all 4 of them, but after several hospital visits I needed the money. and sold one of them after 2 1/2 months and made $40. That's the one I'm concerned about. I had just got out of the hospital and was sick. I just lost track of time.

The other one that I gave to my daughter for her birthday was at 3 1/2 months. That one shouldn't be a problem.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: W. Va. man buys four guns, gets visit from ATF
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 03:25:29 pm »
Wow.

So much wrong in this where to begin? So will he be reported for making a profit on the gun?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 03:27:21 pm »
The fellow - who identifies himself as disabled -  seems to be afraid of being prosecuted for committing a crime. As always, it's so nice to see the feds have nothing better to do.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 03:46:46 pm »
Game wardens are also way out of hand riding in their expensive boats to the very private inlands of waterways and handing out 3 figure tickets for bogus rules they changed but failed to report. I also watched a coast guard vessel pull over a tiny fishing boat with a man and his son, on the intercoastal waterway. Usually this task is for the game wardens on their $65K boats -paid for by us- But this little Coastie, BOARDING a freaking Jon boat and went through the mans coolers and wrote him a 3 figure ticket for not having a whistle on board. They seemed ticked off he had the proper amount of lifejackets.

The beast that is fed with the money to be lord's over us needs cut-off and all of his credit cards taken away.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:52:05 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 03:51:19 pm »
...The beast that is fed with the money to be lord's over us needs cut-off and all of his credit cards taken away.

:amen:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:41:52 pm »
Wow.

So much wrong in this where to begin? So will he be reported for making a profit on the gun?

I couldn't possibly agree more with your take on this.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.