Author Topic: Jacksonville business asked to take down military flags; veteran allegedly told 'You did nothing for  (Read 501 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The Code Inspector Has been put on leave. 

Jaguar Power Sports in Jacksonville says that a city employee not only asked them to take down their patriotic flag display, but she also disrespected a customer who was a veteran. (Jaguar Power Sports|WJXT)

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 02:06PM
The mayor of Jacksonville has responded to growing outrage after Jaguar Power Sports was issued a warning citation for their patriotic rooftop flag display. Store employees say the incident also involved mistreatment of a veteran.

"We cater to our men and women, both retired and active military, so it was personal. We felt like it was a personal attack," the store's sales manager, Marcy Moyer, told WJXT.

The store, which sells motorcycles, ATVs and power sport equipment, has flags from every branch of the military, two United states flags and a Jacksonville Jaguar flag. On Monday, Melinda Power, a city of Jacksonville inspector, issued a warning citation for the display, saying the military flags were in violation of city code. She entered the store accompanied by her supervisor.

The store expressed frustration not just at the fact that they were asked to take down the flags, but at the way Power behaved when in the store. Katie Klasse, a store employee, recounted what happened when a customer who is a veteran got upset with Power.

"She [Power] says 'What did you do for this country?'" Klasse said. "He says 'I took three bullets to the leg. I almost lost my life for this country. I'm retired. I'm a veteran.' She gets in his face this close and says 'You did nothing for this country.'"

Jaguar Power Sports went live on Facebook after the incident, asking viewers to share the story. The video now has millions of views.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/surveillance-video-shows-city-inspector-confront-veteran

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/controversy-over-jacksonville-stores-display-of-military-flags-caught-on-camera
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Melinda Power, a city of Jacksonville inspector

I deal with city inspectors for a living. They are all barely literate garbage that usually got their jobs through patronage or quotas. Most of them think they are God and accomplish nothing real.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Melinda Power, a city of Jacksonville inspector

I deal with city inspectors for a living. They are all barely literate garbage that usually got their jobs through patronage or quotas. Most of them think they are God and accomplish nothing real.

She surely is one Stupid MF'er.  I would think, no not think..... she must know JAX is home to a CG base and two Naval Air Stations.   Must be a Liberal Yankee transplant.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It is nearly impossible to fire such a crappy employee.

I remember an episode when a similar POS city employee, called me "an hysterical white man"

She was advocating her pet program to allow yutes from nearby sh!thole cities to write graffiti on our city walls.

I became well known in town, since our council meetings were on live TV, and replayed as well.

1992, early political correctness days,, when few would dare stand up to their go-to first move, e.g. "you are being racist."

The Graffiti Walls project was eventually canned, by the way.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Thankfully the mayor came forward and said they can continue to fly their flags and that they should be respected just like the U.S. Flag.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!