Author Topic: Clinton Friend Hubbell: Hillary Likely to Run, Win  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Clinton Friend Hubbell: Hillary Likely to Run, Win
« on: March 11, 2014, 04:06:01 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/hillary-clinton-webster-hubbell-run-win/2014/03/10/id/557179

Clinton Friend Hubbell: Hillary Likely to Run, Win

Monday, 10 Mar 2014 09:22 PM

By Bill Hoffmann

Webster Hubbell, a longtime friend of the Clinton family, says he's convinced Hillary Clinton will run for president in 2016 — and she'll win to become the nation's first female commander in chief.

"I haven't talked to her about it, but my bet is that she is going to run," Hubbell, who  served as an associate attorney general in the Justice Department under Bill Clinton, told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

Clinton, former secretary of state under President Barack Obama, will be a strong candidate who is able to overcome challenges from more left-leaning members of the Democratic Party, Hubbell says.

"I do think she will be the nominee and she'll be president if she runs," he said.

Story continues below video.

But Hubbell — the former mayor of Little Rock, Ark., and author of the novel "When Men Betray," to be published by Beaufort Books in May — says proposed cuts to Medicare could spell trouble for Democrats in upcoming races.

Last month, the Obama administration proposed a 1.9 percent cut in Medicare advantage payments.

"It's not Obamacare that will be the issue maybe in 2014 . . . The Obama administration is now proposing to tinker with Medicare and especially Part D of Medicare," said Hubbell, who is a transplant recipient.

"What probably is going to happen is that the insurance companies under Part D of Medicare are not required to cover anti-rejection medicine, which is what is being proposed.

"Then it would have to come out of pocket, and those medications, as you can imagine, are very expensive . . . It's a mistake medically, it's a mistake politically, and it's not good for the country. You're going to have a lot of elderly people who can't afford the medication."

Hubbell said he supported the concept of the Affordable Care Act but lamented that it had been altered drastically from its original form.

"It was a good attempt that got manipulated by the insurance companies to where it's not what it could be," he said.

"I'm personally a very strong supporter of a single-payer system . . . and I don't think [Obama] went far enough in that regard.

"The country as a whole needs to go where everyone has universal healthcare . . . There are people who are being denied coverage, there are people who are having to pay a lot more because they're being covered for things they don't need and those things are fixable."

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Clinton Friend Hubbell: Hillary Likely to Run, Win
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 04:06:30 am »
I didn't know Chelsey's dad was even still alive.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 04:20:10 am »

I thought Web Hubbell was dead too.  If you have ever seen pictures of him and Chelsea side by side.......
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 04:25:07 am »
I thought Web Hubbell was dead too.  If you have ever seen pictures of him and Chelsea side by side.......

Oh yeah...........

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 11:38:39 am »
Indeed. So nice to see he made the effort to slither out from beneath his rock to give the thumbs-up to his baby mama.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:00:32 pm »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 02:17:51 pm »

Been a while since I heard this, but this is the first time I've seen that particular gif.....amazing!

Chelsea is certainly washing a lot of forehead like Web, and she's got those lips.....

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:18:39 pm by Chieftain »

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 02:21:30 pm »

You were reading my mind!! Seriously!

I thought that Hubble had assumed room temperature long ago!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 02:22:38 pm »
Been a while since I heard this, but this is the first time I've seen that particular gif.....amazing!

Chelsea is certainly washing a lot of forehead like Web, and she's got those lips.....

And cheeks...or jowls....

Curiouser and curiouser......
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 03:32:37 pm »

She even looks more like him before her make-overs.

This one is just for fun

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 03:37:38 pm »
someone's been hitting the stash of seized narcotics.