Author Topic: Ted Cruz Brings It Down A Notch In Fledgling Fight With Rand Paul  (Read 949 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
Re: Ted Cruz Brings It Down A Notch In Fledgling Fight With Rand Paul
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 10:54:25 PM »
They can both get in and stay in the news a lot, by a civil but interesting back and forth over issues and topics.

Make the media cover it, by making it interesting and important.

Act like the gentlemen you are, don't call names or hate people. It will be good training and set examples for your followers and supporters.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:05:42 PM »
They can both get in and stay in the news a lot, by a civil but interesting back and forth over issues and topics.

Make the media cover it, by making it interesting and important.

Act like the gentlemen you are, don't call names or hate people. It will be good training and set examples for your followers and supporters.

I think they need to throw off a few sparks every now and then to make sure the media gives them attention; otherwise they simply get ignored; but they should definitely continue with taking the high road, particularly as concerns each other.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 12:51:58 AM »
I think they need to throw off a few sparks every now and then to make sure the media gives them attention; otherwise they simply get ignored; but they should definitely continue with taking the high road, particularly as concerns each other.
Both are capable of dignified debate, like the Senate was known for in days of olde. It might even inspire their followers to do likewise, and engage "covertable" voters to consider the GOP.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 12:55:04 AM »
Both are capable of dignified debate, like the Senate was known for in days of olde. It might even inspire their followers to do likewise, and engage "covertable" voters to consider the GOP.

Like Oceander said though, dignified debate rarely makes the news. I'd not be in the slightest bit surprised if there was a lot more co-operation behind the scenes than most folk expect to actually get Conservative talking points out there. If that means doing the odd fake spat, so be it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 01:31:57 AM »
If that means doing the odd fake spat, so be it.
Wouldn't that be lying to the American people?  I expect my professional politicians to lie their ass off, but I thought lying was anathema to conservatives.  Like it was for Spock on Star Trek.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 01:52:10 AM »
Wouldn't that be lying to the American people?  I expect my professional politicians to lie their ass off, but I thought lying was anathema to conservatives.  Like it was for Spock on Star Trek.

Sadly, Spock is a fictional character. A lie to the American people, if you will. Even George Washington lied, that cherry tree thing never actually happened.

While you have an electorate that is more hooked on drama than actually bothering to understand the policies and problems involved, theatre is the only thing that makes a dent in their conscious.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 04:41:23 AM »
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf