Author Topic: Scott Walker 2016  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: Scott Walker 2016
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 09:16:56 pm »
If Mattis ran, what would the media/dem machine do? They couldn't say he wasn't qualified.

http://www.conservativedailynews.com/2013/08/general-james-mattis-for-president/

Who cares what they would say? Check out his record. It's there for anybody to see, unlike Obama's.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 09:19:09 pm »
So if the match up becomes Christie vs  PochaHonkey Warren, you'll stay home?

Third Party or Write in. Cristie will never get a vote from me.

I held my nose for the "lesser of two evils" for the very last time in 2012.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 09:22:00 pm »
Military service?  Like John Kerry (He's a war hero you know!), John Murtha, Wes Clark?

Nope. Not referring to REMFs or "second stringers" at all.

My thinking is more along the line of General JAMES MATTIS. The 3 Stooges that you mentioned wouldn't qualify for latrine duty.

PS: You really do not want me to go off on a rant about Hanoi John Effin Kerry. Seriously.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:29:35 pm by Howie66 »

Offline Howie66

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 09:28:25 pm »
That's unfortunate. It will take a lot of votes to overcome the Democrat cheat machine.

You really should reconsider.

Here's unfortunate. The GOP Establishment does not want to Win, so that's why they keep saddling us with guaranteed losers. Time and again we were forced to have some weak sister candidate shoved down our throat where the RAT Party could run the most useless and worthless of candidates (Carter, Clinton and Obama) and actually Win.

I'm done letting those GOP Establishment turds call the shots for us.

To put it another way: "When One tolerates Bad Behavior, then One can Expect nothing but Bad Behavior."

My "tolerance" thing is all busted to hell and I'm not inclined to fix it.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 09:33:17 pm »
Scott Walker has the values, the leadership experience and the intestinal fortitude it takes to be a good President.

I, for one, hope he runs, so we can see more of what he would do to fix the mess the country's in.

(IMO, it's FAR too early to have made a choice already!)

As for purists' staying home because the candidate isn't perfect enough.........I blame them for helping elect a Marxist.

PLEASE............don't do it again!!  The country WILL NOT survive another 8 years of this horror.

I like Scott Walker a lot! He's done wonders for Wisconsin and I have no doubt he would be a fine President. I certainly hope and pray that he will give this some serious consideration.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 09:37:26 pm »
I've read your posts since you came on board and agree much of the time. But, got to disagree on this.

It makes no sense to sit out an election. Politics and elections are not the same as the marketplace. In the market you can punish a company by withholding your dollars. If enough people stop purchasing, the company will either go out of business or change its ways in order to attract customers again.

In politics, withholding your vote does not punish the Party, it punishes the country. You and your fellow like-minded citizens are the ones that suffer. Not the establishment pols.  All that happens is the GOPe loses that race. There's no lesson learned, they don't "change their ways." They simply move onto the next election.

They're not going to easily give up power just because a few people sit out the vote is the point.

Just to be clear, I never said that I would sit out an election. I have not missed a single election since President Nixon (signed the 18 year old vote into law and have no intention of doing so now.

That said, I will no longer blindly vote for some piece of crap LOSER that the GOP Establishment rams down our throat, either. I'm done with that garbage.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 09:37:30 pm »
Third Party or Write in. Cristie will never get a vote from me.

I held my nose for the "lesser of two evils" for the very last time in 2012.

So you can spend the following 4 years posting about the "worse of two evils."   Whatever. 

Offline Howie66

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 09:42:08 pm »
So you can spend the following 4 years posting about the "worse of two evils."   Whatever.

One thing that is being overlooked....are you really certain that there will be a 2016 election in the first place?

Let's get past the election this November and then see where we stand.

My instincts tell me that Obama and his First Ingrate will not be willing to leave that Public Housing Project located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, no matter what our Constitution says.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 11:13:28 pm »
One thing that is being overlooked....are you really certain that there will be a 2016 election in the first place?

Let's get past the election this November and then see where we stand.

My instincts tell me that Obama and his First Ingrate will not be willing to leave that Public Housing Project located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, no matter what our Constitution says.

It's the Supreme Court...as presently constructed.   An opening cannot exist while Barack Obama is still POTUS.

That's the key.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Howie66

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 11:31:39 pm »
It's the Supreme Court...as presently constructed.   An opening cannot exist while Barack Obama is still POTUS.

That's the key.

If I remember correctly (CRS & CRAFT not withstanding) there is nothing at all that dictates that SCOTUS is limited to 9 Justices.

Couple that with Obama's penchant for using our Constitution like you and I use a roll of Charmin.....

"I have a Pen and a phone...."

Who has stepped up to disabuse him of that notion? Who will?

Oceander

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 12:40:12 am »
If I remember correctly (CRS & CRAFT not withstanding) there is nothing at all that dictates that SCOTUS is limited to 9 Justices.

Couple that with Obama's penchant for using our Constitution like you and I use a roll of Charmin.....

"I have a Pen and a phone...."

Who has stepped up to disabuse him of that notion? Who will?

The size of the Supreme Court is set by statute, so Obuttocks would have to get Congress to agree to increase the size of the Court first.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2014, 01:20:31 am »
The size of the Supreme Court is set by statute, so Obuttocks would have to get Congress to agree to increase the size of the Court first.

The Constitution places the power to determine the number of Justices in the hands of Congress. The first Judiciary Act, passed in 1789, set the number of Justices at six, one Chief Justice and five Associates. Over the years Congress has passed various acts to change this number, fluctuating from a low of five to a high of ten. The Judiciary Act of 1869 fixed the number of Justices at nine and no subsequent change to the number of Justices has occurred.

So all that The Stain has to do is either "convince" those stalwarts John Boehner and Harry Reid that he needs to make another "recess appointment or two" or manufacture enough votes in some key states this November to re-install Pelosi as House Speaker and he's good to go.

Oceander

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 01:22:12 am »
The Constitution places the power to determine the number of Justices in the hands of Congress. The first Judiciary Act, passed in 1789, set the number of Justices at six, one Chief Justice and five Associates. Over the years Congress has passed various acts to change this number, fluctuating from a low of five to a high of ten. The Judiciary Act of 1869 fixed the number of Justices at nine and no subsequent change to the number of Justices has occurred.

So all that The Stain has to do is either "convince" those stalwarts John Boehner and Harry Reid that he needs to make another "recess appointment or two" or manufacture enough votes in some key states this November to re-install Pelosi as House Speaker and he's good to go.

He'd have a much harder job of it than that.  Not even FDR was able to overcome the resistance to messing with the number of justices on the Court, and he had a lot more political power/support at that point than Obuttocks has now.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 02:31:37 am »
He'd have a much harder job of it than that.  Not even FDR was able to overcome the resistance to messing with the number of justices on the Court, and he had a lot more political power/support at that point than Obuttocks has now.

He has a pen and a phone. I can see him nominating Holder.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Oceander

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 03:17:51 am »
He has a pen and a phone. I can see him nominating Holder.

He has to have a slot to fill in first, and that's not likely to happen.