Author Topic: Condoleezza Rice Rutgers Commencement Speech To Go Forward Despite Controversy  (Read 544 times)

Offline happyg

Inquisitr - Condoleezza Rice will deliver the commencement address at the May 18 Rutgers University graduation ceremony despite opposition from faculty.

As The Inquisitr previously reported, progressive/liberal professors launched a protest against Condi Rice as commencement speaker because of her role in the Iraq War and in aggressive interrogation techniques. The professors want the speaking invitation rescinded. Rutgers is the state university of New Jersey.

Rice, a Republican, is the first African American woman to serve as National Security Adviser and Secretary of State in the George W. Bush administration. She holds a Ph.D in political science and was the former provost of Stanford University where she now teaches. She is an accomplished pianist who also speaks Russian fluently.

Most people would agree that the Iraq war was a disaster. That being said, can you imagine the same group of professors trying to prevent Hillary Clinton, a Democrat, from speaking at Rutgers? After all, Clinton voted for the Iraq war as a US Senator. As Secretary of State, she continued Bush-era foreign policy into the Obama administration. As the previous Inquisitr piece noted, she is also involved in what many feel is a cover-up of the terrorist murder of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya.    Read More

http://www.front-lines.com/2014/03/condoleezza-rice-rutgers-commencement.html?spref=tw

Offline musiclady

Once again..........the only diversity missing in American Universities is the diversity of thought.

I would guarantee that the brilliant, accomplished Ms Rice will be booed by the dunces now passing for college students.

And I have no doubt that the blockheads who now pass as "faculty" will lead the charge.

At least the University is pretending to stand for free speech.

I suppose that means something.......

Or not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.