Author Topic: Anti-gun Bob Costas: of course I'm not a hypocrite for having armed security  (Read 553 times)

rangerrebew

Anti-Gun Bob Costas: Of Course I'm Not a Hypocrite For Having Armed Security
Katie Pavlich | Mar 10, 2014
Katie Pavlich

Anti-gun NBC anchor Bob Costas, the guy who infamously went on a rant about America's gangster gun culture before the Super Bowl last year, wants the world to know that he isn't a hypocrite for utilizing armed security. Afterall, he argued yesterday during an interview on Fox News, he's never had a personal armed guard. More from AWR Hawkins:

On March 9th NBC's Bob Costas dismissed criticism of his having armed guards while disparaging "gun culture" by saying his guards were NBC and NFL security, not "personal" bodyguards.

He did this while being interviewed by Fox News's Howard Kurtz, who brought up Costas's December 2012 halftime criticism of "the NFL's gun culture."

Kurtz said, "You were accused of injecting politics into halftime, and Fox News's Greg Gutfeld said you were 'a hypocritical buffoon' because you're in New York, and you're surrounded by armed guards, and you don't have to worry about safety."

Costas responded, "In truth, Greg was accurate if you consider one-hundred-eighty degrees from the truth accurate. I have never had a personal bodyguard a single day in my life. There are security people at NFL games that the NFL employs, and there is always massive security at an Olympics, and there... is NBC security."

The problem with this explanation is that Gutfeld did not say Costas hired a "personal bodyguard." Rather, he said Costas "doesn't have to worry about being armed. People are armed for him."

And here is the video:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/03/10/antigun-bob-costas-of-course-im-not-a-hypocrite-for-having-armed-security-n1806489
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:16:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

uh, no, actually, you are a hypocrite.  even more so because you know you are but won't own up to it.

Offline andy58-in-nh

He's one of the Beautiful People, and thereby (among other things) both immune from hypocrisy and allergic to criticism.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Mr. Costas doesn't need to fear. If he were getting mugged in my presence, I wish to assure him that I will stay my hand and not draw my pistol to defend him. I may call 9-1-1 on his behalf, though.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

Mr. Costas doesn't need to fear. If he were getting mugged in my presence, I wish to assure him that I will stay my hand and not draw my pistol to defend him. I may call 9-1-1 on his behalf, though.

yes, but first you should caution him against jumping to conclusions about his attacker, or about being too hasty in trying to "defend" (wink, wink) himself; after all, he wouldn't want to kill another one of Obama's (misbegotten) sons now, would he?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
yes, but first you should caution him against jumping to conclusions about his attacker, or about being too hasty in trying to "defend" (wink, wink) himself; after all, he wouldn't want to kill another one of Obama's (misbegotten) sons now, would he?
Just what would Costas do? Give his attacker the Evil Pink Eye??
 :beer:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:28:47 am by Howie66 »
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

rangerrebew

It would be an ugly scene if Costas got smacked in the face; all that plastic leaking wouldn't help his appearance at all.