Author Topic: Sandy Hook Shooter's Father Wishes Son Had Never Been Born  (Read 794 times)

Offline happyg

Sandy Hook Shooter's Father Wishes Son Had Never Been Born
« on: March 10, 2014, 05:01:27 pm »
More than a year has passed since the gruesome attack on Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Now the father of the shooter, Peter Lanza, is speaking publicly for the first time since that day, expressing that he wishes his son, Adam, had never been born.

"You can't get any more evil. ... How much do I beat up on myself about the fact that he's my son? A lot," he said, according to The New Yorker.

Authorities say that Adam Lanza killed himself before police arrived at the school, taking the lives of 20 first-graders and six educators in the Dec. 2012 massacre. Peter Lanza said he had not seen his son in two years before the attack. Adam Lanza shot and killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, in their home on the morning of the attack.

Peter Lanza says he has realized that "Adam would have killed me in a heartbeat, if he'd had the chance."

Read more from FoxNews.com.
Peter and Nancy Lanza separated in 2001 and divorced in 2009. He last saw Adam in October 2010 and wanted to maintain contact with him. But Nancy Lanza wrote him an email saying Adam didn't want to see him, despite her efforts to reason with him. Several plans to meet with his son fell through. Peter Lanza said he felt frustrated and even considered hiring a private investigator to find out what his son was doing "so I could bump into him." He said he felt that showing up unannounced at his son's home would only make things worse.

Peter Lanza said Adam was 13 when a psychiatrist diagnosed him with Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism not associated with violence. But he believes the syndrome "veiled a contaminant" that wasn't Asperger's.

"I was thinking it could mask schizophrenia," said Peter Lanza, who lives in Fairfield County, Conn., and is vice president for taxes at a General Electric subsidiary, GE Energy Financial Services.

A spokesman for Peter Lanza said Monday that Lanza would not be commenting further.

Peter Lanza told the magazine that his son as a young child was "just a normal little weird kid" who used to spend hours with his father playing with Legos.

But as he grew older, Adam's mental health problems worsened, according to Connecticut State Police documents. A Yale University professor diagnosed Lanza in 2006 with profound autism spectrum disorder, "with rigidity, isolation, and a lack of comprehension of ordinary social interaction and communications," while also displaying symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder, the documents show.

Peter Lanza said his and Nancy Lanza's concerns about Adam increased when he began middle school.

"It was crystal clear something was wrong," he said. "The social awkwardness, the uncomfortable anxiety, unable to sleep, stress, unable to concentrate, having a hard time learning, the awkward walk, reduced eye contact. You could see the changes occurring."

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/10/sandy-hook-shooters-father-wishes-son-adam-lanza-had-never-been-born

Offline Millee

Re: Sandy Hook Shooter's Father Wishes Son Had Never Been Born
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »
I can't imagine the guilt he is experiencing.  And how horrible to come to that conclusion about your own child, but a lot of us wish he was never born too.   **nononono*

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 07:46:29 pm »
I can't imagine the guilt he is experiencing.  And how horrible to come to that conclusion about your own child, but a lot of us wish he was never born too.   **nononono*
I understand his angst. I wish my older brother (Marxist, hateful, psycho, you name it) never had been born. My late father probably agreed. My mother is still holding out for a miracle.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:03:51 pm »
If the mother was so concerned, what the hell was she doing taking the kid shooting, and planning to buy him a gun or guns?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 08:10:56 pm »
I understand his angst. I wish my older brother (Marxist, hateful, psycho, you name it) never had been born. My late father probably agreed. My mother is still holding out for a miracle.

I know full well what you and Peter Lanza are saying. I have a son that is beyond reason and hope. Thank God that my other children grew up as polar opposites. Moms ALWAYS hold out hope, even when the evidence shows beyond a doubt that there is none at all. Sad.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 09:15:55 pm »
When very strong signs of trouble are detected, the public doesn't deserve to play Russian Roulette with these mentally ill types.

There ought to be some mechanism enacted, to isolate them.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 09:35:39 pm »
When very strong signs of trouble are detected, the public doesn't deserve to play Russian Roulette with these mentally ill types.

There ought to be some mechanism enacted, to isolate them.

agreed