Author Topic: Barnicle Calls Palin a 'Moron'  (Read 4830 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barnicle Calls Palin a 'Moron'
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:47:09 pm »
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2014/03/10/barnicle-calls-palin-moron

Barnicle Calls Palin a 'Moron'

By Mark Finkelstein | March 10, 2014 | 08:11

Here was the Morning Joe panel bemoaning Ted Cruz's supposed incivility at CPAC in allegedly insulting war hero Bob Dole, when up pops Mike Barnicle to ask "what does it say about CPAC, where the most popular speaker they had, the one who received the most rousing reception is a moron, Sarah Palin?"

A bit later, Mika Brzezinski piled on, calling Palin a "multi-million dollar moron."  When Joe Scarborough challenged her, saying "you don't think that, right?", Mika didn't retract her slur, saying only that Palin is "savvy in selling a message that makes a lot of money." View the video after the jump.

Consider the blatant double-standard.  MSNBC has spent countless hours decrying Ted Cruz's supposed incivility, but its minions don't hesitate to vilify a conservative in the crudest and most insulting terms.

Note: as we reported here, on Friday Mika claimed that millenials join the military "if they need the money." In the course of saying that Ted Cruz should have promptly apologized for his remark about Dole, Mika this morning mentioned that after her remark about millenials, "I went on Twitter and made an apology."

MIKE BARNICLE: I have a question. The word conservative can mean many things; there's [sic] many definitions to it, but what does it say about about a group, CPAC, where the most popular speaker they had, the one who received the most rousing reception is a moron, Sarah Palin? I mean, she received a reception at that group that took the roof off the place. Sophomoric, nearly libelous, not amusing. What does it say about that group?

. . .

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Barnicle, you need to lighten up. The kids are just having fun, okay?

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: A moron? A multimillion dollar moron selling a message.

SCARBOROUGH: What are you talking about? Stop saying that.

BRZEZINSKI: That the extremes love to gobble up.

SCARBOROUGH: You don't think that. A very smart woman. You think she's a smart woman.

BRZEZINSKI: I think she is savvy in terms of selling a message that makes a lot of money.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Barnicle Calls Palin a 'Moron'
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:48:37 pm »
This garbage is all they have to say when Obama is golfing on ANOTHER vacation?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 02:52:56 pm »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 02:55:05 pm »
Palin is certainly not a moron, but her adaptation of the "Green Eggs and Ham" meme was silly and juvenile.  I'm embarrassed for her just watching her do it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 03:00:35 pm »
Sophomoric, nearly libelous, not amusing

Was "Barnacle" talking about Palin, or was he critiquing his own response to her?
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 03:04:13 pm »
Was "Barnacle" talking about Palin, or was he critiquing his own response to her?

Either way, he likely stole it from someone else.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »
Palin is certainly not a moron, but her adaptation of the "Green Eggs and Ham" meme was silly and juvenile.  I'm embarrassed for her just watching her do it.

I thought it was funny. Sarah has a sense of humor, and isn't afraid to be herself. She knew her audience, and spoke to it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »
I thought it was funny. Sarah has a sense of humor, and isn't afraid to be herself. She knew her audience, and spoke to it.

Well, if she thought that was appropriate for her audience, it doesn't say much for the sensibilities of the audience.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 03:16:39 pm »

Palin also does it because she knows it drives liberals insane: they do not like to be mocked, especially by someone they perceive as far beneath their social station.

But it was silly, and as I wrote yesterday in this space, it confirms my opinion that Palin is a more effective provocateur and communicator of Country Class cultural memes than she would ever be as a Presidential candidate.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 03:26:32 pm »
Everything she does is juvenile. Yet there is a contingent that seems to go gaga for it. I just don't understand it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 03:27:48 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 03:33:55 pm »
it confirms my opinion that Palin is a more effective provocateur and communicator of Country Class cultural memes than she would ever be as a Presidential candidate.

Exactly andy...I totally agree.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 03:35:06 pm »
Palin also does it because she knows it drives liberals insane: they do not like to be mocked, especially by someone they perceive as far beneath their social station.

But it was silly, and as I wrote yesterday in this space, it confirms my opinion that Palin is a more effective provocateur and communicator of Country Class cultural memes than she would ever be as a Presidential candidate.

Which is why that is what she should be doing.  If this is to be a team effort - and it must be if we are to compete with the juggernaut that is team liberalism - then everyone has a different part to play and that means we can't all be president.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 03:38:40 pm »
Which is why that is what she should be doing.  If this is to be a team effort - and it must be if we are to compete with the juggernaut that is team liberalism - then everyone has a different part to play and that means we can't all be president.

It would be interesting to know (I know we can't possibly) how many UIVs were reached by this!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 03:39:48 pm »
It would be interesting to know (I know we can't possibly) how many UIVs were reached by this!

please pardon my ignorance; what's a "UIV"?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »
please pardon my ignorance; what's a "UIV"?

Uninformed voter.

My point is that she was not trying to reach people like those who post here when she did this.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:42:47 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 03:42:47 pm »

That's how I see it. We need the young people, and she is the one who can deliver. The audience responded to her, in part, because they had no idea what was coming next. She kept them on their toes. There are many ways to get the message out, and I reckon most people get bored listening to the same thing, speech after speech. She breaks the monotony. I'm not just referring to CPAC, but all the speeches we have heard the past years. Not everyone is keen on listening to politicians speak.

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 03:45:16 pm »
Uninformed voter.

I'm not sure they would have found the thing very attractive.  Palin is not really going to attract a lot of voters; however, if allowed to do so she can so marvelously piss off the left that they'll make missteps out of rage and frustration.  It is important to have that in the toolbox as well as the other tools.  It is what she should stick to; she might become a viable candidate again in 8 years or so, but right now she isn't, and I'm not saying that as a slur on her.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 03:45:49 pm »

It was a parody of a parody within a parody. If you don't get it, you never will.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 04:05:38 pm »
He never will.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 04:23:54 pm »
Well, if she thought that was appropriate for her audience, it doesn't say much for the sensibilities of the audience.

From the very first day of CPAC, it was reported that the majority of attendees were people in their twenties.

That makes "Green eggs and ham" certainly appropriate if your goal is to tap the energy of the audience.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 04:30:40 pm »

One would think the GOP would want their votes, but since they aren't smart enough to be a GOP voter, the TP will be happy to have them. Your comment makes no sense to me. What is wrong with having fun with a speech? It's the dry old man's club that bores the hell out of new voters with their identical messages that don't bear fruit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 04:35:22 pm »
Humor is humorous only when it's used to bash conservatives, apparently.  :shrug:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 04:39:00 pm »
Let us please remember that nobody watches "Morning Cup with Joe"......or WTF they call it now.

MSNBC's success is dependent on getting noticed by saying stupid and outrageous things about the opposition.

It deserves a big YAWN!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 04:49:03 pm »
Let us please remember that nobody watches "Morning Cup with Joe"......or WTF they call it now.

MSNBC's success is dependent on getting noticed by saying stupid and outrageous things about the opposition.

It deserves a big YAWN!
Good point.