Author Topic: Barnicle Calls Palin a 'Moron'  (Read 4829 times)

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Barnicle Calls Palin a 'Moron'
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 04:58:02 pm »
Well, if she thought that was appropriate for her audience, it doesn't say much for the sensibilities of the audience.

I don't know what speech you were watching, but in the speech I watched she had the audience eating out of her hand.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 05:04:05 pm »
It was a parody of a parody within a parody. If you don't get it, you never will.

Of course it was.  But only a stoner thinks this was some sort of intellectual exercise.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 05:06:45 pm »
I don't know what speech you were watching, but in the speech I watched she had the audience eating out of her hand.

I didn't watch her speech.  Can't take the nasal screeching.

Not surprised they were eating out of her hand.  This is the same bunch that just can't wait to get some legal weed.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 05:08:04 pm »
Of course it was.  But only a stoner thinks this was some sort of intellectual exercise.

.....and only somebody that walks around like his got a broom stuck up his a$$ would find the time to ridicule it. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 05:11:22 pm »
Which is why that is what she should be doing.  If this is to be a team effort - and it must be if we are to compete with the juggernaut that is team liberalism - then everyone has a different part to play and that means we can't all be president.

Word.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 05:12:16 pm »
One would think the GOP would want their votes, but since they aren't smart enough to be a GOP voter, the TP will be happy to have them. Your comment makes no sense to me. What is wrong with having fun with a speech? It's the dry old man's club that bores the hell out of new voters with their identical messages that don't bear fruit.

So you're making my point for me by asserting that the millenials at CPAC are not bored by Green Eggs and Ham, a book for 4 year olds.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 05:14:20 pm »

.....and only somebody that walks around like his got a broom stuck up his a$$ would find the time to ridicule it.

LOL.  I know you're a Palin groupie, so I'm sorry if I offended.  I'm relieved to see that the consensus here seems to be that Palin is no longer considered presidential material.

Offline happyg

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 05:15:19 pm »
I didn't watch her speech.  Can't take the nasal screeching.

Not surprised they were eating out of her hand.  This is the same bunch that just can't wait to get some legal weed.

Since you didn't watch it, you wouldn't notice the young people were clean-cut, and well-groomed. Interest in politics has to start somewhere, and Sarah grabbed their attention. Most will likely be eager to learn more and even get involved. We can't expect people who have never been exposed to politics to know everything, just like none of us were savvy until after years of exposure and interest. Give the young a chance, because they are the future. How many of us were as eager as these young people at that age?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 05:28:07 pm »

Where did you read that...link please?

I just don't understand why this reading of Green Eggs and Ham by Palin bothers you so much...you obviously didn't see it..it was meant to be a joke and was actually funny.

As you know I am not a big fan of Palin but your hatred for her and Cruz surpasses all bounds...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 05:33:23 pm »
LOL.  I know you're a Palin groupie, so I'm sorry if I offended.  I'm relieved to see that the consensus here seems to be that Palin is no longer considered presidential material.

It's true.  I love Sarah Palin.  But I'm not a "groupie". 

She will never be a candidate for POTUS through the GOP.  And that's probably good....just like Cruz' place in the Senate, she's able to do her best rallying the troops.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 05:37:27 pm »

She will never be a candidate for POTUS through the GOP.  And that's probably good....just like Cruz' place in the Senate, she's able to do her best rallying the troops.

Agree! I like her, and don't consider myself a groupie. I like Cruz and Paul, too. All three are more in line with my beliefs, so what is there not to like?  Liking someone does not make them a group, but absolute hatred is questionable.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »
Since you didn't watch it, you wouldn't notice the young people were clean-cut, and well-groomed. Interest in politics has to start somewhere, and Sarah grabbed their attention. Most will likely be eager to learn more and even get involved. We can't expect people who have never been exposed to politics to know everything, just like none of us were savvy until after years of exposure and interest. Give the young a chance, because they are the future. How many of us were as eager as these young people at that age?
The young people that attend events like CPAC are as far from "never been exposed to politics" as it is possible.

They are virtually ALL intensely interested in politics, educationally and career wise. Many might be staffers for politicians. Or for DC based political activities, profit, non-profit, etc.

My point: They have heard Palin before.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 05:40:23 pm »

You better talk to your favorite guy; his desperate hatred for Palin and Cruz makes him look like a  :troll: Did you remember to not feed him after midnight?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2014, 05:50:49 pm »
You better talk to your favorite guy; his desperate hatred for Palin and Cruz makes him look like a  :troll: Did you remember to not feed him after midnight?

Lighten up, Francis. :laugh:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2014, 05:53:23 pm »
So you did feed him after midnight  :silly:

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2014, 05:54:47 pm »
I like Sarah Palin, and I think that criticizing the sound of her voice is stupid.

I LOVE that she aggravates the heck out of the left, and encourage her to do so at every opportunity.

And I don't think she should be President, or even run.

She's found her niche, and is playing her role to perfection.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2014, 05:57:21 pm »
I like Sarah Palin, and I think that criticizing the sound of her voice is stupid.

I LOVE that she aggravates the heck out of the left, and encourage her to do so at every opportunity.

DITTO...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2014, 05:59:29 pm »
Where did you read that...link please?

I just don't understand why this reading of Green Eggs and Ham by Palin bothers you so much...you obviously didn't see it..it was meant to be a joke and was actually funny.

As you know I am not a big fan of Palin but your hatred for her and Cruz surpasses all bounds...

Wasn't this the conference that overwhelmingly approved the legalization of marijuana?   

Palin can do whatever she wants, and her fans will excuse anything she does.  I just thought her use of this child's meme was beneath her, though I guess the consensus here is that it wasn't.

Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz are divisive and do nothing to expand the Republican party voter base.  Rather, they are driving people out of the party or to the sidelines.  I don't hate either one of them, but they do nothing but fire up the choir.

If we want to continue to win elections, we'd better listen to Rand Paul and not Ted Cruz.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2014, 06:03:03 pm »

Her voice is awful.  I've even read that criticism from fans of hers.

She desperately needs a voice coach to teach her some modulation and how to speak from her diaphragm and not through her nose.

Is "aggravating the left" gaining us any additional voters?  Somehow I think not.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2014, 06:04:35 pm »
Wasn't this the conference that overwhelmingly approved the legalization of marijuana?   

Palin can do whatever she wants, and her fans will excuse anything she does.  I just thought her use of this child's meme was beneath her, though I guess the consensus here is that it wasn't.

Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz are divisive and do nothing to expand the Republican party voter base.  Rather, they are driving people out of the party or to the sidelines.  I don't hate either one of them, but they do nothing but fire up the choir.

If we want to continue to win elections, we'd better listen to Rand Paul and not Ted Cruz.

The $64,000 question. Why does the choir being fired up bother you? No one advocates Palin running and stealing the GOP thunder. Yet she still gets under peoples skin.

and I forgot

:wtf: :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:06:33 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2014, 06:13:19 pm »

She desperately needs a voice coach to teach her some modulation and how to speak from her diaphragm and not through her nose.

Is "aggravating the left" gaining us any additional voters?  Somehow I think not.

It is her vernacular/accent that irritates people because she does not reign from the lower 48. She has a Wisconsin slash folksy drawal. Northerners speak nasaly. It is because she does not tawk like a northeasterner. It took the PUBLIC awhile to accept the southern accent in politics. The media and liberals can't stand the folksy "gotcha" stuff. Down home and apple pie and having babies does not appeal to progressive communists. Her speech in general speaking to an audience- has improved but her folksy manner will never go away. Much like Willy Jeff Clinton.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:19:40 pm by Gazoo »

Offline happyg

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 06:48:49 pm »
It is her vernacular/accent that irritates people because she does not reign from the lower 48. She has a Wisconsin slash folksy drawal. Northerners speak nasaly. It is because she does not tawk like a northeasterner. It took the PUBLIC awhile to accept the southern accent in politics. The media and liberals can't stand the folksy "gotcha" stuff. Down home and apple pie and having babies does not appeal to progressive communists. Her speech in general speaking to an audience- has improved but her folksy manner will never go away. Much like Willy Jeff Clinton.

:amen:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 06:50:40 pm »
It was a parody of a parody within a parody. If you don't get it, you never will.

I thought it was very funny... it's much more effective to use humor against the left than vitriol, which the delight in.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2014, 06:55:01 pm »

How does it feel to be perfect?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2014, 06:57:29 pm »

So.............if she gets a voice coach, will your hostile opinion toward her soften?  (As a voice instructor, I'm interested in your opinion).

I have no idea if aggravating the left is gaining any votes, but if you know anything about politics, sinkspur, you know that energizing your base is a very important part of the process.

And Sarah, hate her or not, energizes.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.