Author Topic: McCain: Cruz 'Crossed Line' by Mocking GOP Presidential Losers  (Read 9985 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: McCain: Cruz 'Crossed Line' by Mocking GOP Presidential Losers
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2014, 02:37:00 pm »

Cruz ran in the general election? When?

:sword:                

November 2012.  He beat Paul Sadler, the Democrat.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2014, 02:40:06 pm »
2012 General Election results for U.S. Senate

U. S. Senator         
   Ted Cruz   REP   4,440,137   56.45%
   Paul Sadler   DEM   3,194,927   40.62%
   John Jay Myers   LIB   162,354   2.06%
   David B. Collins   GRN   67,404   0.85%
         -----------   
      Race Total   7,864,822   
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2014, 02:43:23 pm »
November 2012.  He beat Paul Sadler, the Democrat.

I had no idea you were a Texan. Do you work for any particular campaigns? Do you think Perry can rise above and do well in the debates?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2014, 02:47:41 pm »
It is clear to me that the majority of the players on the field in DC do not want the same things we do! That is why we have a TEA party movement in the first place!

I would also add that those of us on my side of the argument have been FAR to accommodating of those types in the past and I, for one, am done with that!

Yes, I agree with you.  But for many it seems that this is still an "open issue."  I think that we will all see the truth as things play out, further.  Like many things lately, and I think that you also share this sentiment at times, "I hope that I am proven wrong."

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2014, 02:48:28 pm »
I had no idea you were a Texan. Do you work for any particular campaigns? Do you think Perry can rise above and do well in the debates?

No.  I don't work for any campaigns.  I have never given a dime to a political candidate in my life.

I don't know about Rick Perry.  I like him, he gave a good speech at CPAC (what parts of it I saw), but he has a big hole to climb out of as the "Ooops" candidate.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2014, 02:57:29 pm »
I don't.  I find there are peculiar views here.  No, it's not the views.  The righteous indignation of some seems over the top. 

Peculiar views predominate everywhere.  What passes for righteous indignation here would pass for the plainest of milque toast in many other places, left as well as right.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2014, 03:53:26 pm »
Peculiar views predominate everywhere.  What passes for righteous indignation here would pass for the plainest of milque toast in many other places, left as well as right.

Hmmph!    I got 'righteous indignation' that isn't even opened yet.      :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2014, 04:29:14 pm »
No.  I don't work for any campaigns.  I have never given a dime to a political candidate in my life.
So there's no "put your money where your mouth is" with you, huh?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2014, 05:40:19 pm »
Ok.  And there are plenty of reasons why I would not vote for a so-called "true conservative."  Why isn't the Fourth Amendment, or any of the other amendments, or the rest of the Constitution, just as important as the First and Second Amendments?  While we're at it, why have conservatives so often pushed to make it a crime to burn the American flag?  One cannot pick and choose who gets the benefit of the First Amendment.  Second, the number of inconsistencies implicit in that list are frightening.  Limited government is inconsistent with being against gay marriage because it interposes the State between two individuals.  Furthermore, the recognition of various relationships between individuals and the attendant legal obligations is generally a matter of state law - one of the amendments you downplay - and so the federal government's presence in the issue of gay marriage is doubly offensive.  Abortion is another issue where the government has no business, and yet conservatives consistently want the federal government to ban abortion.  A blanket opposition to amnesty in any way shape or form is simply a refusal to recognize reality, and I'd rather not vote for someone who cannot discern reality.  Deficit spending?  Then I suppose a true conservative would be opposed to people using mortgages to buy a house?  Borrowing to buy a house is deficit spending.

Well reasoned. I agree. The constitution is not a menu from which to pick and choose. It's the whole enchilada or it's nothing but Democrat stew. (Dang, must be getting close to lunchtime here)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2014, 06:15:53 pm »
The constitution is not a menu from which to pick and choose. It's the whole enchilada or it's nothing but Democrat stew. (Dang, must be getting close to lunchtime here)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien