Author Topic: GROVER NORQUIST: Here Are The Only 6 Republicans Who Can Win In 2016  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: GROVER NORQUIST: Here Are The Only 6 Republicans Who Can Win In 2016
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 11:03:37 pm »
Christie's already alienated too many republicans, and now too many non-aligned voters, to win and Jeb Bush is so thoroughly hobbled by GWB's legacy and issues of dynasty that he'd never win.

Nor, should he.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 11:05:51 pm »
I like Rick Perry.....the one that isn't under the influence of painkillers that mess with his memory.   :laugh:

I love Rick Walker's accomplishments in Wisconsin.    At this point, my advice to him would be to get a taster.

Scott Walker. I know...call me nit-picky.

You're right....a taster for him might not be a bad idea.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 11:07:50 pm »
There are tons of escapees from blue states moving to Texas and on the surface one would think that would lead to Texas turning more blue but it isn't! It is in fact rapidly  turning even more red. I'm convinced that can happen nationally as well if we nominate people who can properly lay out the case for FREEDOM!!

You're over the target, brother!

Look out for the flak!

Offline Howie66

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 11:10:12 pm »

Perry bothers me in one regard... cronyism... he's strong constitutionally...  frankly I want to see and hear what they all say in debates.. but the RNC seems to be orchestrating things to be in charge of who is allowed to run and debate so at this point I'm not hopeful for 2016 unless we get rid of Reinse.

"I'm not hopeful for 2016 unless we get rid of Reinse."

Nailed it, Ma'am!!

He's the RNC version of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 11:11:33 pm »
Would not surprise me.  We know Democrat Unions are financing the so-called GOP PAC to destroy the Tea Party, we know McCain has taken money from Norquist as well as Soros for a very long time...... we know Rove is now trying to hide some of his PACS in order to encourage donations that are not linked as directly to him.......   I pretty much don't trust many of these people nowadays.

Total agreement!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 11:37:40 pm »
Oh and Grover is married to a Muslim and doing business with the MB...He should be working for Hillary and Huma...
I don't know why anyone pays any attention to what he says at this point.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 11:40:18 pm »
"I'm not hopeful for 2016 unless we get rid of Reinse."

Nailed it, Ma'am!!

He's the RNC version of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

Ouch!!  I don't like the guy at all, but that is a low blow!!!   :silly:

Offline Howie66

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 11:42:11 pm »
Ouch!!  I don't like the guy at all, but that is a low blow!!!   :silly:

I have my moments.   :beer:

Offline rustynail

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 11:47:01 pm »
Muslim says what?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 03:43:21 am »
[[ Oh and Grover is married to a Muslim and doing business with the MB...He should be working for Hillary and Huma... ]]

Absolutely right, Ms. Rapunzel!

I would take ANYthing out of Norquist's mouth with a grain of salt.

He is not to be trusted.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2014, 04:14:15 am »
I will vote for whoever the GOP nominee is, and I think whoever that nominee is will win.

Whatever you think of Norquist it's hard for me to find much fault with his logic.  Oceander did it best up thread (I'm not ready to count out Christie, in fact if I had to wager money I'd take Christie, but you're probably right about Jeb).  Most the other comments are the typical "I hate" - the GOP, Karl Rove, RNC charman, McCain...Norquist married a muslim stuff I've come to expect from conservatives.

yawn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 04:28:31 am »
It is easy to grow the Republican party; just become more like the democrats. And, that is vaguely, though generally, what Paul is proposing in couched language.   However, the bigger the tent becomes, the more the true Conservatives will either stay home or depart.  Moreover, the true Conservatives are the ones who zealously work for the party in the precincts.  If they are not enthused, you have 2012 revisited.

In WI I've seen several conservative Republicans become RINOs because that is who their volunteers are, and that is who gives money. 

Abandoning the unappeasable far right would add more moderate voters, and moderate voters are the key to winning a majority today.  A moderate vote counts as 2 votes.  A moderate who normally votes rat, but now votes GOP adds one vote to the GOP and takes away a vote from the rats.  A conservative will not abandon the GOP to vote for a liberal even if they are completely infuriated with the GOP.  Moving the GOP far enough right to capture the disaffected fringe is not worth the cost of losing moderates and ceding power to the rats.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 04:43:08 am »
I like Rick Perry.....the one that isn't under the influence of painkillers that mess with his memory.   :laugh:

I love Rick Walker's accomplishments in Wisconsin.    At this point, my advice to him would be to get a taster.

That would be a cool ticket  RICK/RICK 2016 ^-^

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 04:47:52 am »
That would be a cool ticket  RICK/RICK 2016 ^-^

Everyone says the best speech at CPAC was Rick Perry - not even a close second...

I think it is a terrible shame he had back surgery two weeks before he jumped in the race in 2011.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2014, 04:48:03 am »
I do have one small reservation about Gov. Walker running for President (or indeed Vise President).

Nothing against him, but is there a suitable replacement for him in WI? Some hard nosed conservative who can keep doing what Walker is doing?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink