Author Topic: Pentagon wants to balance the budget on miliatry families food subsidies  (Read 2812 times)

rangerrebew

Pentagon Wants to Balance the Budget on Military Families’ Food Subsidies

March 8, 2014
By Sara Noble

Military families rely on subsidized groceries they purchase at commissaries, but that doesnt seem to be a concern for the Pentagon. The Pentagon wants to slash the subsidies for base commissaries, making prices soar for troops and veterans.

The subsidies are as much as 30% off supermarket prices.

Nothing like changing the rules of the game midway.

Chuck Hagel made the proposal to Congress this week.

To “maintain force readiness” he said, the subsidies must be cut. He said this in all seriousness after recommending the army be cut to the size of Turkey’s army. ”It’s a plan that allows our military to meet America’s future challenges and threats,” Hagel said.

After putting out a $4 trillion budget filled with welfare payments to favored groups, Obama wants to cut these subsidies from $1.4 billion to $400 million.

Military families have been counting on these subsidies and active-duty servicemen can’t suddenly leave the service if they find out they can’t afford to feed their families.

This is FOOD for military families they are cutting!

Full story at CBS News

http://www.independentsentinel.com/pentagon-wants-to-balance-the-budget-on-military-families-food-subsidies/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:22:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Military families rely on subsidized groceries they purchase at commissaries, but that doesnt seem to be a concern for the Pentagon. The Pentagon wants to slash the subsidies for base commissaries, making prices soar for troops and veterans.

As it is they qualify for food stamps in the lower enlisted ranks.  :smokin:   *mad*
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Pentagon Wants to Balance the Budget on Military Families’ Food Subsidies

March 8, 2014
By Sara Noble

The subsidies are as much as 30% off supermarket prices.

Nothing like changing the rules of the game midway.

Chuck Hagel made the proposal to Congress this week.

To “maintain force readiness” he said, the subsidies must be cut. He said this in all seriousness after recommending the army be cut to the size of Turkey’s army. ”It’s a plan that allows our military to meet America’s future challenges and threats,” Hagel said.

After putting out a $4 trillion budget filled with welfare payments to favored groups, Obama wants to cut these subsidies from $1.4 billion to $400 million.

Military families have been counting on these subsidies and active-duty servicemen can’t suddenly leave the service if they find out they can’t afford to feed their families.

This is FOOD for military families they are cutting!

Full story at CBS News

http://www.independentsentinel.com/pentagon-wants-to-balance-the-budget-on-military-families-food-subsidies/

I could go on a rant about that worthless bag of fecal matter that is named Chuckwad Hagel, but being somewhat a "gentleman", I won't.

I won't say that the best part of him wound up as a stain on a cheap mattress, because I doubt that there was a cheap mattress anywhere in the vicinity.

All that I can say, is that he is worse for our troops than Robert McNamara could have ever hoped to be.

I will never forgive Senator John Wayne McCornyn for voting to confirm this worthless POS to serve as SecDef.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I could go on a rant about that worthless bag of fecal matter that is named Chuckwad Hagel, but being somewhat a "gentleman", I won't.

I won't say that the best part of him wound up as a stain on a cheap mattress, because I doubt that there was a cheap mattress anywhere in the vicinity.

All that I can say, is that he is worse for our troops than Robert McNamara could have ever hoped to be.

I will never forgive Senator John Wayne McCornyn for voting to confirm this worthless POS to serve as SecDef.

LMAO...nice to see someone besides me rant about this idiot we have as SOD....I was sooo po'ed the day the Senate confirmed him I can't tell you!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

LMAO...nice to see someone besides me rant about this idiot we have as SOD....I was sooo po'ed the day the Senate confirmed him I can't tell you!

You really do not want to get me started on Hanoi John Effin Kerry...... POS Traitor.....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 01:21:57 am by Howie66 »
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You really do not want to get me started on Hanoi John Effin Kerry...... POS Traitor.....

LOL.....I can tell you are former military....we talk a lot alike...hehehe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

You are being WAY to nice but I understand that we are in mixed company!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howie66

You are being WAY to nice but I understand that we are in mixed company!

Yes, Sir!

Offline Howie66

LOL.....I can tell you are former military....we talk a lot alike...hehehe

I served my time in the Corps. Too many Flyboys and Swabbies in my family. Someone had to break the cycle.

OooRah!

rangerrebew

He has a terminal case of optical rectalitis, I am told.  You know, that's when you have your head up your ass and have a shi**y outlook on life. :woohoo:

Offline Howie66

He has a terminal case of optical rectalitis, I am told.  You know, that's when you have your head up your ass and have a shi**y outlook on life. :woohoo:

You betcha!

I wouldn't mind being able to jam his head a bit further up his ass, either.

Offline LambChop

I'm sure I'll get knocked for this one, but here goes.

While in AIT I was walking along with my husband holding hands.  A DI came up and warned against PDA's.
 *yes, in the military holding hands is a public display of affection, you can also get a court martial for a hickey*

This particular DI was strict.  Had to respect that.  But the reminder was given, when you sign that paper you cease to be an American Citizen and now become a piece of government property.  You do not have the same rights as Citizens.

You were also issued EVERYTHING you will need to serve in the US Military in the first few days of boot camp.  Families are not issued.

Families are not the responsibility of the United States Military.  If you choose to have one, they will allow it, tolerate it, even try to be somewhat accommodating in some respects, but they are NOT a necessity therefor not their responsibility.

Try asking a soldier about hardship tour in S. Korea, they'll tell you.

I understand the sentiment behind the objection but it's just that, sentiment.  It has no place in the Military.  If we are that concerned with the welfare of military families, we need to give to charities who help them out.  There are lots of them.

Offline Howie66

While in AIT I was walking along with my husband holding hands.  A DI came up and warned against PDA's.
 *yes, in the military holding hands is a public display of affection, you can also get a court martial for a hickey*

This particular DI was strict.  Had to respect that.  But the reminder was given, when you sign that paper you cease to be an American Citizen and now become a piece of government property.  You do not have the same rights as Citizens.

You were also issued EVERYTHING you will need to serve in the US Military in the first few days of boot camp.  Families are not issued.

Families are not the responsibility of the United States Military.  If you choose to have one, they will allow it, tolerate it, even try to be somewhat accommodating in some respects, but they are NOT a necessity therefor not their responsibility.

I understand the sentiment behind the objection but it's just that, sentiment.  It has no place in the Military.  If we are that concerned with the welfare of military families, we need to give to charities who help them out.  There are lots of them.

No one is going to knock you for your opinion, Ma'am.

However, I do believe that rather than us spending our money on rebuilding mosques, financing Voter Fraud by our tax dollars going to SEIU and ACORN, or giving automatic weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels, maybe we could do something to support our troops and their families?

That said....

While I was going through ITR at Camp Pendleton, I had gotten a sunburn while on a weekend liberty. That got me a Captain's Mast, resulting in a $25.00 fine. The charge? Improper Maintenance of Government Property. Rest assured, I never got another sunburn while I was on active duty.

:patriot:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

What does public affection and hickies being subject to punishment have to do with the threads subject? It is understood that your family is not a need, the military provides for you. It is also understood that you are the property of the military.

Base pay for the lower enlisteds warrants qualed for welfare/food stamps. Most don't get this assistance, they are ashamed. Their pay is already impossible to live off of much less with a small family of a few kids. The threads article is addressing that military can no longer get the 30% discount at the commissary/grocery store. With this discount they are barely making it and in todays COLA's. The 30% discount is helping basic needs and current financial struggle. If you take away the privilege of shopping at the commissary/base exchange it will cause even more young enlisted to get Navy Relief, which is a loan- to buy a new water heater when there is no funds available and the spouse is most likely deployed.

Bottom-line taking away this small discount will not pay off Obama's debt or bills. It won't even dent a dent of a dent. Instead of gutting the civilian welfare/medicaid system he is stealing a small discount from our AD Military and their dependents: to pay for white trash people to sit in their homes all day, watch their 72 inch 3D TV, with free windows a new roof and Obamaphone. (Also a nurse to come in and take vitals, do housekeeping and cook and serve because of a minor disability- paid for via medicaid.)

It is basically Obama playing Peter Pan and taking from the military and giving it to his base voters because he will never gut welfare nor reform it. Where ever the money goes he is Peter Pan and robbing a discount from the military is not justifiable.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline LambChop

What does public affection and hickies being subject to punishment have to do with the threads subject? It is understood that your family is not a need, the military provides for you. It is also understood that you are the property of the military.

Base pay for the lower enlisteds warrants qualed for welfare/food stamps. Most don't get this assistance, they are ashamed. Their pay is already impossible to live off of much less with a small family of a few kids. The threads article is addressing that military can no longer get the 30% discount at the commissary/grocery store. With this discount they are barely making it and in todays COLA's. The 30% discount is helping basic needs and current financial struggle. If you take away the privilege of shopping at the commissary/base exchange it will cause even more young enlisted to get Navy Relief, which is a loan- to buy a new water heater when there is no funds available and the spouse is most likely deployed.

Bottom-line taking away this small discount will not pay off Obama's debt or bills. It won't even dent a dent of a dent. Instead of gutting the civilian welfare/medicaid system he is stealing a small discount from our AD Military and their dependents: to pay for white trash people to sit in their homes all day, watch their 72 inch 3D TV, with free windows a new roof and Obamaphone. (Also a nurse to come in and take vitals, do housekeeping and cook and serve because of a minor disability- paid for via medicaid.)

It is basically Obama playing Peter Pan and taking from the military and giving it to his base voters because he will never gut welfare nor reform it. Where ever the money goes he is Peter Pan and robbing a discount from the military is not justifiable.

Maybe if you looked at it in an informed and objective manner, you'd see differently.  Instead you argue points that aren't valid.

Do you know how much base pay is?  Do you know how much BAQ, seprats, COLA, etc is?  If you did you wouldn't have the argument you are having.  Inform yourself first. 

BTW I lived off the lower enlisted pay comfortably with a child. Without food stamps or wic.     E4 pay was comfortable for 2 children even.  And one of those was in diapers.

Know what you speak of before you rant.   You won't get rich on lower enlisted pay.  But you'll have a decent life.  And if you stay lower enlisted for too long there's something WRONG with you and should be tossed out on your ass real quick.  In most cases, the rank of E4 can be had within 2 - 4 yrs.  Hell, some go in with a rank of E2.

Offline LambChop

No one is going to knock you for your opinion, Ma'am.

However, I do believe that rather than us spending our money on rebuilding mosques, financing Voter Fraud by our tax dollars going to SEIU and ACORN, or giving automatic weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels, maybe we could do something to support our troops and their families?

That said....

While I was going through ITR at Camp Pendleton, I had gotten a sunburn while on a weekend liberty. That got me a Captain's Mast, resulting in a $25.00 fine. The charge? Improper Maintenance of Government Property. Rest assured, I never got another sunburn while I was on active duty.

:patriot:

:beer:  AAHHHH the good old days of "Really?  THAT will get you in trouble?"  Needless to say I quickly found out nail polish was a big no-no.

And while I may agree with you on some of the spending we do as a country.  If you've been in the military in the last 25 yrs you know what I mean by the statement.......Just another government hand out.   A large majority of the recruits aren't fit for civilian life.  But you take what you can get when it's volunteer basis.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Maybe if you looked at it in an informed and objective manner, you'd see differently.  Instead you argue points that aren't valid.

Do you know how much base pay is?  Do you know how much BAQ, seprats, COLA, etc is?  If you did you wouldn't have the argument you are having.  Inform yourself first. 

BTW I lived off the lower enlisted pay comfortably with a child. Without food stamps or wic.     E4 pay was comfortable for 2 children even.  And one of those was in diapers.

Know what you speak of before you rant.   You won't get rich on lower enlisted pay.  But you'll have a decent life.  And if you stay lower enlisted for too long there's something WRONG with you and should be tossed out on your ass real quick.  In most cases, the rank of E4 can be had within 2 - 4 yrs.  Hell, some go in with a rank of E2.

If you couldn't tell I know what I speak of then there is no furthering the discussion.

The issue is taking something/anything from the military while letting all other wasteful spending, entitlements go unchecked. This is wrong.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:47:22 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Howie66

:beer:  AAHHHH the good old days of "Really?  THAT will get you in trouble?"  Needless to say I quickly found out nail polish was a big no-no.

And while I may agree with you on some of the spending we do as a country.  If you've been in the military in the last 25 yrs you know what I mean by the statement.......Just another government hand out.   A large majority of the recruits aren't fit for civilian life.  But you take what you can get when it's volunteer basis.

From what I have seen, I'll take the vast majority of the recruits over the past few years of the crap that we were stuck with because of the Draft. Most of the draftees that I saw weren't worth shooting by anybody. I mean that, sincerely.

Offline LambChop

If you couldn't tell I know what I speak of then there is no furthering the discussion.

The issue is taking something/anything from the military while letting all other wasteful spending, entitlements go unchecked. This is wrong.

To hell it is.  Do you even know how much wasteful spending we have going on in the military?  If we stopped "romanticizing" it and guilt spending we'd be a whole lot better off.

We throw money at the military out of guilt like the dims throw money at the minorities.   When the entire country has a dog in the fight there is no guilt spending.  But the way we have it set up now the country can go about their lives while the military goes about the business of being an entirely different kind of welfare state.

Up until Viet Nam, when the country went to war, THE COUNTRY WENT TO WAR.   Every single citizen was involved some how.  It was in our day to day lives.  We all struggled, gave ourselves and our time.  Now, not so much.  Now it's a yellow ribbon and a parade.  And that's supposed to be "supportive"

As for the yellow ribbon *sorry getting side tracked* now every damn thing gets a colored ribbon, and that's supposed to mean something?

UGH.  I'll quiet down now.

Offline LambChop

From what I have seen, I'll take the vast majority of the recruits over the past few years of the crap that we were stuck with because of the Draft. Most of the draftees that I saw weren't worth shooting by anybody. I mean that, sincerely.

Yep, I can see it.  But that could be because anybody of any means could slither their way out of it.  Make it so everybody is the same, no matter who you know or how much you have, could be different.  Haven't really gotten into picking that thought apart, so it's just an opinion.

As it was, they were drafting every back water retard or inner city hoodlum they could find just to keep the "chosen" kids from going.