Author Topic: Bob Costas: 'To the Extent that I Am Liberal, I'm a Juan Williams Liberal'  (Read 366 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/03/09/Bob-Costas-To-the-Extent-that-I-Am-Liberal-Im-a-Juan-Williams-Liberal

Bob Costas: 'To the Extent that I Am Liberal, I'm a Juan Williams Liberal'

Print Email
on Breitbart TV 9 Mar 2014, 10:46 AM PDT

On Sunday’s broadcast of Fox News Channel’s “Media Buzz,” NBC sports anchor and commentator Bob Costas took on his conservative critics who often accuse him of abusing his platform to espouse a left-of-center viewpoint.

“I would be disingenuous if I said generally speaking I don't lean somewhat left of center. I’ll use an imprecise example, though, that might be relatable to the Fox audience. To the extent that I am liberal, I’m a Juan Williams liberal who will call out the excesses and contradictions of the extreme left. To the extent that I am conservative, I’m like a Bernie Goldberg conservative. There are certain common sense issues which I would agree with him."

"On the other hand, the know-nothing part of the spectrum where people just reflexively defend a Phil Robertson-type person, I’m not in that camp and never in that camp and never in that camp," he continued. "I think a lot of people who watch Fox would be surprised at how much George Will I read, how much Charles Krauthammer or Rich Lowry and on and on, and how often I nod in agreement and how much I respect those voices. I don’t respect the heat over light voices which can be found in some corners of Fox News and can be found on the radio as well.”

Follow Jeff on Twitter @jeff_poor
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline rustynail

Flaming?