Author Topic: McConnell: We Will 'Crush' Tea Party Challengers 'Everywhere'  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mcconnell-crush-tea-party?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

McConnell: We Will 'Crush' Tea Party Challengers 'Everywhere'
March 9, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT2558

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) believes that incumbent Republicans won't have a problem holding their seats in the 2014 elections.

"I think we are going to crush them everywhere," McConnell said about Tea Party challengers in a New York Times interview published Saturday. "I don’t think they are going to have a single nominee anywhere in the country."

McConnell faces a primary challenge from the right. The Senate Conservatives Fund, which backs Tea Party challenger Matt Bevin, believes the candidate has a chance of defeating McConnell the the primary.

"Mitch McConnell is clearly in trouble in this primary or he wouldn’t be attacking Matt Bevin and declaring war on conservatives," Matt Hoskins, the head of the SCF, told the New York Times.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: McConnell: We Will 'Crush' Tea Party Challengers 'Everywhere'
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:12:03 am »
"Mitch McConnell is clearly in trouble in this primary or he wouldn’t be attacking Matt Bevin and declaring war on conservatives," Matt Hoskins, the head of the SCF, told the New York Times.

Doesn't sound like it to me.  Sounds like McConnell thinks they will be CRUSHED.  I read Kibbe from FreedomWorks yesterday say he thinks they are gonna get one.

If the right wing can't convince the GOP voters to vote for them, how do they expect to beat rats?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:50:16 am »
Well, if you looked at the polls in KY they show McConnell losing to the Democrat and Beavins beating her... if McConnell was in this for other than ego he'd drop out and let the candidate with best change of winning the race run.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 02:38:40 am »
Well, if you looked at the polls in KY they show McConnell losing to the Democrat and Beavins beating her... if McConnell was in this for other than ego he'd drop out and let the candidate with best change of winning the race run.

Conservatives thought they could play in the big leagues and when they can't even win a GOP primary they whine how the other guy should have let them win.  Competition is unfair.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 12:07:04 pm »
Conservatives thought they could play in the big leagues and when they can't even win a GOP primary they whine how the other guy should have let them win.  Competition is unfair.
Not all conservatives are Republicans. Increasingly, they are not, as party ID is showing independent affiliations are spiking.

The Republican Party, especially in states like Kentucky, is hardly conservative. There is a lot of corruption, and the general population is pretty sick of it. The party establishment wants to protect their own incumbents. There is a serious disconnect happening between the KY GOP and the general populace: the only people who like Mitch McConnell are those still in the party. Independents would rather have Bevin. Liberal Democrats want Grimes. If the Republicans are so intent on protecting the incumbent in a primary just because he's the incumbent and he has a plum spot in leadership, they are going to lose this race.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 12:23:50 pm »
The simple fact of McConnell agreeing to an interview at the New York Times should tell you everything you need to know about him. He's a corrupt, big-government Progressive Republican who is in Washington to enhance his earnings by collecting tributes from lobbyists for captive industries.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 12:59:35 pm »
The simple fact of McConnell agreeing to an interview at the New York Times should tell you everything you need to know about him. He's a corrupt, big-government Progressive Republican who is in Washington to enhance his earnings by collecting tributes from lobbyists for captive industries.

Yes.  Incumbents have a huge financial advantage which allows them to spread deception at every possible media outlet.   Progressive Republican incumbents will profusely argue that they are Conservative (See McConnell, Alexander, Graham).  Many are deceived.  Unfortunately, few, even among the Conservative ranks, take the time to investigate and research the candidate's true view reflected through voting records and actions.  So, the race is between two "Conservatives" and the ignorant vote for the devil they know and that is how they win.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 01:08:16 pm »

He is also desperate to say 'WE WILL CRUSH'. He is just ticked off his gun on stage didn't fool the wacko bird tea party people. If he were really a true blue good leader that deserves to keep his job he would not incite rhetoric, he would lead.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 03:22:52 pm »
And now we have rank stupidity from the moderates to equal - or exceed - the rank stupidity that Messrs. Cruz et al are accused of.

Who's McConnell and who's Cruz?  They're both in this picture.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:23:10 pm by Oceander »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 07:19:02 pm »
Rank hypocrisy from the man who was invited to speak at CPAC .. He didn't have the fortitude to say this to his audience did he?  A lot of conservatives are Tea Party and the lot of Tea Party are conservatives ...But a day later runs to the NYTimes to spill his gutts.  He is the poster for why the GOP is shedding voters.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 02:26:51 am »
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mcconnell-crush-tea-party?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

McConnell: We Will 'Crush' Tea Party Challengers 'Everywhere'
March 9, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT2558

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) believes that incumbent Republicans won't have a problem holding their seats in the 2014 elections.

"I think we are going to crush them everywhere," McConnell said about Tea Party challengers in a New York Times interview published Saturday. "I don’t think they are going to have a single nominee anywhere in the country."

McConnell faces a primary challenge from the right. The Senate Conservatives Fund, which backs Tea Party challenger Matt Bevin, believes the candidate has a chance of defeating McConnell the the primary.

That's some mighty tough talk coming from a Post Turtle.

Think I'll send another donation to MATT BEVIN.

https://mattbevin.com/

Feel free to do the same!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 02:28:50 am »
Rank hypocrisy from the man who was invited to speak at CPAC .. He didn't have the fortitude to say this to his audience did he?  A lot of conservatives are Tea Party and the lot of Tea Party are conservatives ...But a day later runs to the NYTimes to spill his gutts.  He is the poster for why the GOP is shedding voters.

Mitch McConnell is a COWARD, plain and simple. He has a big mouth, when the Media pukes are around. He is exactly what is wrong with the GOP, today.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 02:30:45 am »
And now we have rank stupidity from the moderates to equal - or exceed - the rank stupidity that Messrs. Cruz et al are accused of.

Who's McConnell and who's Cruz?  They're both in this picture.

I don't see Senator Cruz in this picture at all.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 02:48:43 am »

That is BULL......SHIT!

Mitch McConnell has done an admirable job of holding the GOP in the Senate together.  He's stopped what he can stop.  The idea that McConnell has "caved" when the Democrats hold the majority in the Senate is just lunacy.

Matt Bevins is going to lose to McConnell in the primary and Mitch will beat that dopey Grimes in the general.  She doesn't even know whether or not she supports Obamacare!!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 03:25:00 am »
That is BULL......SHIT!

Mitch McConnell has done an admirable job of holding the GOP in the Senate together.  He's stopped what he can stop.  The idea that McConnell has "caved" when the Democrats hold the majority in the Senate is just lunacy.

:bigsilly:

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 03:27:02 am »
That is BULL......SHIT!

Matt Bevins is going to lose to McConnell in the primary and Mitch will beat that dopey Grimes in the general.  She doesn't even know whether or not she supports Obamacare!!!!

relax. you're going to blow an artery there.  McConnell may have been dealt a bad hand, but he's not exactly a very good poker player either.  And saying he's going to crush tea partiers is even worse than what Cruz had to say about Romney, et al.  McConnell is nice, he's got some pull and some heft, but he's not the brightest bulb in the bunch, and he's acting just as spoiled as some have accused Cruz of being.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 03:53:24 am »
I wonder how many have watched an interview with Bevin or know much about him.  For instance - if you want to purchase a bell in the USA made in the USA - the only play you will purchase it is from Bevin's business - which goes back generations and he keeps the bell portion of the business going because it is made in the USA.

Or how about the fact he is actually a business man  - you know has actually had to make payroll and a profit and knows how it works - vs a lawyer who went from college to congress to the senate and makes his living off of K-street.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 04:33:53 am »
I wonder how many have watched an interview with Bevin or know much about him.  For instance - if you want to purchase a bell in the USA made in the USA - the only play you will purchase it is from Bevin's business - which goes back generations and he keeps the bell portion of the business going because it is made in the USA.

Or how about the fact he is actually a business man  - you know has actually had to make payroll and a profit and knows how it works - vs a lawyer who went from college to congress to the senate and makes his living off of K-street.

In my part of the state, I'm seeing a LOT of "Ditch Mitch" signs and Bevin signs.  I've yet to see a sign supporting Mitch McConnell. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 04:35:19 am »
In my part of the state, I'm seeing a LOT of "Ditch Mitch" signs and Bevin signs.  I've yet to see a sign supporting Mitch McConnell.

He's a very impressive man if someone actually listens to him...  Is Mitch going to do a debate with him or ditch it?  My guess is he will not want a side-by-side with Bevin.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 04:37:42 am »
Do you expect McConnell to only speak at CPAC?  He does interviews with the NYTs to get the GOP message out to people who don't pick Breitbart as their first source of news for much the same reason Jesus Christ associated and broke bread with sinners.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 04:38:30 am »
He's a very impressive man if someone actually listens to him...  Is Mitch going to do a debate with him or ditch it?  My guess is he will not want a side-by-side with Bevin.

I think you're right.  It's time for Mitch to be put out to pasture. 

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 04:38:51 am »

Besides Palin did anybody else even mention the Tea Party at CPAC?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 04:42:03 am »
I think you're right.  It's time for Mitch to be put out to pasture.

He has spent over 10 million dollars so far against Bevin - I have to think the ads are driving you all nuts over there...

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 04:44:23 am »
I'm one of McConnell's constituents, and I'm also a "Tea Partier".  I have always voted for Mitch in years past but he has insulted me with this kind of talk and he won't get my vote again.  In fact, I'm leaving the Republican party as soon as our primary is over in May - the ONLY reason I'm still a registered Republican is so that I can vote AGAINST McConnell and FOR Bevin!  Kentucky has closed primaries so I have to stay in the party to do so. 

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 04:45:25 am »
McConnell may have been dealt a bad hand, but he's not exactly a very good poker player either.  And saying he's going to crush tea partiers is even worse than what Cruz had to say about Romney, et al. 

Just to correct the record.  He didn't say he was going to crush the Tea Party.  He said he was going to crush the anti-GOP-incumbent candidates.