Author Topic: Rep. Peter King: Paul’s scare tactics appeal to the lowest common denominator  (Read 681 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/200292-king-pauls-scare-tactics-appeal-to-the-lowest-common

March 09, 2014, 01:42 pm
Rep. Peter King: Paul’s scare tactics appeal to the lowest common denominator

By Alexander Bolton

Rep. Peter King (N.Y.), a senior Republican member on the House Homeland Security Committee, blasted Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) Sunday for using scare tactics in his opposition of national security programs.

King launched his salvo a day after Paul won the straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference in a landslide.“The concerns that I have are still there. I mean, here's a person who said we're more concerned about the C.I.A. killing Americans with drones as they're having coffee in Starbucks,” he told NBC’s “Meet the Press” in an interview.Paul pressed Attorney General Eric Holder last year to rule out the possibility of armed drones killing U.S. citizens on American soil.Earlier this year, Paul said James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, and Edward Snowden, who has been charged with espionage for leaking security secrets, should share a jail cell.“This to me is scaring Americans. Our real enemy is al Qaeda,” said King.Last month, Paul warned the administration and members of Congress not to antagonize Russia in the midst of escalating tensions over Ukraine and its ties to Europe.“Some on our side are so stuck in the Cold War era that they want to tweak Russia all the time and I don’t think that is a good idea,” Paul told The Washington Post last month.King criticized Paul for enticing the nation to adopt a naïve foreign policy agenda.“When I say he's appealing to the lowest common denominator, what he's doing, he's trying to somehow tell Americans we can retreat from the world,” King said.“The fact is, nothing can make the world more dangerous than if America did retreat, go back into isolationism,” he added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Peter King likes things exactly as they are! Wouldn't change a thing except possibly to have a few more like him in Congress!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

Peter King likes things exactly as they are! Wouldn't change a thing except possibly to have a few more like him in Congress!

yep.......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline katzenjammer

Peter King is the definition of an authoritarian.  He disgusts me.

Offline Rapunzel

Peter King is the definition of an authoritarian.  He disgusts me.

He wants to be president. I'm afraid our debates are going to end up disgusting the entire nation if we have King, Huckabee, Santorum and Jon Huntsman again...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline katzenjammer

He wants to be president. I'm afraid our debates are going to end up disgusting the entire nation if we have King, Huckabee, Santorum and Jon Huntsman again...

I know, I've heard.....  I think that one of the worst things that can happen is to have a way too crowded field, the stage filled from left to right with everyone screaming to undercut the guy/gal next to them.......  by the time it is over, we will probably end up with a totally damaged and discredited establishment-picked nominee; again...

Offline Rapunzel

I know, I've heard.....  I think that one of the worst things that can happen is to have a way too crowded field, the stage filled from left to right with everyone screaming to undercut the guy/gal next to them.......  by the time it is over, we will probably end up with a totally damaged and discredited establishment-picked nominee; again...

word