Author Topic: Rev. Jeremiah Wright's daughter found guilty of money laundering  (Read 522 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-03-07/news/chi-rev-jeremiah-wrights-daughter-found-guilty-money-laundering-20140307_1_money-laundering-jeri-wright-regina-evans

by Ray Long
March 7, 2014

The daughter of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, President Barack Obama’s former minister, was convicted by a federal jury Friday of laundering thousands of dollars from a $1.25 million state grant for a Chicago-based job-training program.

Jeri Wright said she would "definitely" appeal the verdict in U.S. District Court, which found her guilty of 11 counts that included money laundering, lying to federal agents and lying to a grand jury.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Olivia

Re: Rev. Jeremiah Wright's daughter found guilty of money laundering
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:16:14 pm »
"Her attorney described Wright as a victim of a web spun by longtime friend Regina Evans, the former Country Club Hills police chief who has pleaded guilty to corruption in the case. Evans had secured the state loan for the job-training program but allegedly diverted the money rather than use it for the purpose she proposed."

"Prosecutor Timothy Bass contended Wright took as much as $11,000 in cash from more than $30,000 in checks in a scheme where she also sent money back to Evans. Bass maintained Wright lied “over and over” when quizzed about the case."

Well, she did have to take a trip to Las Vegas, remodel her basement and purchase new vehicles for her husband's business.  Now, that takes quite a large chunk of dough.
I wonder if any of the money was used for the proposal that called for 40 people to get training in bricklaying and electrician skills.

Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
Re: Rev. Jeremiah Wright's daughter found guilty of money laundering
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:21:46 pm »
"Her attorney described Wright as a victim of a web spun by longtime friend Regina Evans, the former Country Club Hills police chief who has pleaded guilty to corruption in the case. Evans had secured the state loan for the job-training program but allegedly diverted the money rather than use it for the purpose she proposed."

"Prosecutor Timothy Bass contended Wright took as much as $11,000 in cash from more than $30,000 in checks in a scheme where she also sent money back to Evans. Bass maintained Wright lied “over and over” when quizzed about the case."

Well, she did have to take a trip to Las Vegas, remodel her basement and purchase new vehicles for her husband's business.  Now, that takes quite a large chunk of dough.
I wonder if any of the money was used for the proposal that called for 40 people to get training in bricklaying and electrician skills.

Of course she is a "victim". To suggest anything different is to be called a "racist".

:silly:
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.